PDA

View Full Version : here me out, why we DONT need a mini-bomb

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 11:21 AM
look, the idea of raising the money for Dr. Paul was to get attention via the MSM and we have done all possible on that front. HQ's doesnt spend the money as efficiently as we like, so what are we doing? giving them MORE money!? lets fund the current grassroots projects which are much more creative and effective than the ideas that HQ's spurns and then take on more tasks. we are following the same path the U.S.A. is; were overextending ourselves. lets focus on some key grassroots projects and move from there.

SML
12-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Agreed; we need to focus on getting delegates and street-level campaigning at this point.

The Blimp is actually a better place to send your money now.

Oliver
12-22-2007, 11:30 AM
lets fund the current grassroots projects which are much more creative and effective than the ideas that HQ's spurns

I fully agree - but the good Ideas are missing.
Advertising should be the main priority since
name-recognition is the most important thing,
the Issues of Ron speak for themselves once
people get interested.

But first they have to know them.

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 11:32 AM
I fully agree - but the good Ideas are missing.
Advertising should be the main priority since
name-recognition is the most important thing,

But first they have to know them.

name recognition IS extremely important thats why we need to give the blimp a chance to do its work. if nothing else it will get his name out

RPinSEAZ
12-22-2007, 11:33 AM
The time for gimmicks is over. Now is the time for action.

LibertyEagle
12-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Agreed; we need to focus on getting delegates and street-level campaigning at this point.

The Blimp is actually a better place to send your money now.

You were doing good, until you got to the blimp pimping. :( We have a number of other grassroots activities going on, that actually get information on Paul's stances, to real human beings.

Things such as..

- The grassroots, but professionally-made, TV ads.

- Operation Live Free or Die. Boots on the ground in New Hampshire.

- 30 Days to Iowa. Boots on the ground in Iowa.

- Fundraising to cover delegate expenses.

and on and on..................

SML
12-22-2007, 11:36 AM
You were doing good, until you got to the blimp pimping. :( We have a number of other grassroots activities going on, that actually get information on Paul's stances, to real human beings.

Things such as..

- The grassroots, but professionally-made, TV ads.

- Operation Live Free or Die. Boots on the ground in New Hampshire.

- 30 Days to Iowa. Boots on the ground in Iowa.

- Fundraising to cover delegate expenses.

and on and on..................

I was actually coming back to edit that to include all of the decentralized chipin-style work, because I'm not in love with the Blimp.

Oliver
12-22-2007, 11:39 AM
name recognition IS extremely important thats why we need to give the blimp a chance to do its work. if nothing else it will get his name out

BS. The Blimp is luxury and doesn't provide
any basic information that would catch peoples
interest immediately.

Well, a ...

"F*** the IRS! - Ron Paul 2008!"

... Banner on it's side would have made headlines,
all over the country, but from a realistic point of view,
it's a waste the way it is, IMHO.

S3eker
12-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm not in love with the Blimp.

Somebody wanted a blimp and they bought it. It had nothing to do with the official campaign! If somebody wants to buy a train, bus, ship, that's cool. It's their business to do so. Everyone had a choice to contribute or not.

Nobody here has any say. If Bora Bora buys a canoe, they buy a canoe.

Also I'm tired of reading people saying HQ is dropping the ball. So, YOU want to run the campaign now? Are you a professional consultant?

This is Ron Pauls Campaign ! Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way!

Oliver
12-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Somebody wanted a blimp and they bought it. It had nothing to do with the official campaign! If somebody wants to buy a train, bus, ship, that's cool. It's their business to do so. Everyone had a choice to contribute or not.

Nothing is wrong with it. On the other hand,
someone made a Blimp-Sub-Forum. So every-
one has a choice to visit it or not.

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 11:59 AM

Also I'm tired of reading people saying HQ is dropping the ball. So, YOU want to run the campaign now? Are you a professional consultant?

im not hatin on HQ but i have doubt as to there ability to think outside of the box. hence the reason why i advocate grasroots projects.

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Keep in mind you guys that the blimp is the first blimp ever flown in history to help support a president.. It has even been mentioned by the MSM (Old Media) like our moneybomb's were. The media loves to bring up negative stories about brothel owners and white supremacists but then we break fund raising records and they were forced to give us positive coverage. Then after that we make history with the first blimp endorsing a candidate even flown(Not to mention one of the most state of the art blimps in the world) and again they have no choice but to give us the positive coverage. Finally, we again made the headlines by breaking even the previously held democrat fundraising record(5.7mil). These are the only 3 projects that gave the media no choice but to cover because they were simply too big. While the blimp has struggled to meet deadlines because of weather they are now heading south to better conditions. Many still support the blimp and we can't forget how revolutionary the entire idea is.

On top of this the local media has covered the blimp very well and it will possibly be heading to Florida next. I have heard many say that they saw the blimp more than once and that the local media had told them when and where to expect it. This is getting us important name recognition while at the same time blowing the minds of people who see it. When they see it has Ron Paul's name at it almost all will be amazed at the lengths Ron Paul supporters will go to. They would be crazy not to think so ;) If you don't like the blimp idea imagine seeing one of the largest blimps in the world fly over your house.. This is effective and especially at the local level.

DonateTilItHurts
12-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Agreed, ENOUGH with the bombs for right now. Let's focus on creating something else that will get the MSM's attention; not to mention be taught in political science courses from here out like the bombs will inevitably be!

I say a mass grouping of people. A rally would show Paul's support base and provide excellent video footage.

SML
12-22-2007, 12:12 PM

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've given $125 dollars to the blimp, I was just qualifying that my earlier post wasn't meant to be a blimp endorsement, but a grassroots endorsement.

kojirodensetsu
12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I think we've already gotten enough coverage out of the blimp, IMO. The fact that it was even made got the news stations all talking about it. Personally I think we should be focusing more on other things.

And about donating to the campaign, I still think donating to them is important. Although it's not as important as it used to be. I still think some people should be donating to them. But yeah, we don't need to give them a ton of more money. Even 500k/week is more than necessary. The campaign should be hooked to a smaller money drip. :D But yeah I don't think we have to do any major thing to get people donating. People will just donate to campaign when they want to. We really should make some sort of a grassroots donation site.

Taco John
12-22-2007, 12:22 PM
look, the idea of raising the money for Dr. Paul was to get attention via the MSM and we have done all possible on that front.

You start your post off with a faulty premise. Raising large sums of money for Dr. Paul isn't about getting media attention. That's nothing but a by-product. Raising large sums of money for Dr. Paul is so that he can compete with the other candidates who are getting special interest money.

Unless you have a better idea to raise money, you shouldn't be taking the best tool not only that we have, but in the history of political campaign fundraising, out of our tool belt. Money bombs are the most effective fundraising tool there has ever been in the history of politics and it's a terrible idea to jettison them without an effective replacement.

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 12:29 PM
You start your post off with a faulty premise. Raising large sums of money for Dr. Paul isn't about getting media attention. That's nothing but a by-product. Raising large sums of money for Dr. Paul is so that he can compete with the other candidates who are getting special interest money.

Unless you have a better idea to raise money, you shouldn't be taking the best tool not only that we have, but in the history of political campaign fundraising, out of our tool belt. Money bombs are the most effective fundraising tool there has ever been in the history of politics and it's a terrible idea to jettison them without an effective replacement.

and HQ has still not proven to be an effective tool at reaching voters, which once again brings me back to the point of grassroots projects being more cost-effective.

Taco John
12-22-2007, 12:51 PM
and HQ has still not proven to be an effective tool at reaching voters, which once again brings me back to the point of grassroots projects being more cost-effective.

Based on what? From all accounts I've seen, they're doing a fantastic job.

I'm sorry, but someone with a registration date of December 2007 who is in here fighting for us to get rid of our most effective fundraising tool, which happens to be the best political fundraising tool in the history of politics, is suspect. You probably "check out," but I still disagree with your assessment that the official campaign doesn't need money. We have both Feb 5 and post-Feb 5 states to go after.

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Based on what? From all accounts I've seen, they're doing a fantastic job.

I'm sorry, but someone with a registration date of December 2007 who is in here fighting for us to get rid of our most effective fundraising tool, which happens to be the best political fundraising tool in the history of politics, is suspect.

dont get troll-happy. look through my posts, youll see nothing but constructive criticism. just look at the TV ads HQ has made, their vastly inferior to what grassroots has done. if you call finding more efficient ways to spend money "suspect" then by all means im "suspect"

Oliver
12-22-2007, 01:07 PM
dont get troll-happy. look through my posts, youll see nothing but constructive criticism. just look at the TV ads HQ has made, their vastly inferior to what grassroots has done. if you call finding more efficient ways to spend money "suspect" then by all means im "suspect"

+1

Taco John
12-22-2007, 01:22 PM
if you call finding more efficient ways to spend money "suspect" then by all means im "suspect"

More efficient? What's more efficient than 6 million dollars in one day. If you have a way of increasing that efficiency, I'm all ears. But until then, I'm convinced that it's a mistake to put away the money bomb tool. I personally know people who have seen this recent one and asked me when the next one is because they want to get involved. That's conversion. That's people who previously were apathetic and didn't believe, but are now seeing this thing sustain itself and now they want to get involved...

That's efficiency right there. Creating new voters and raising new money. This latest moneybomb gave us 20k+ new contributors, and 5k new contributors have donated since. Those are all high probability votes.

What was your new efficient way again? Or are you just telling us to get rid of moneybombs without actually suggesting a method to generate the same level of money, enthusiasm, and new contributors?

Oliver
12-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Moneybombs are worn out. Now.

If the Media doesn't jump on it like crazy, then it
doesn't matter if you donate on a moneybomb-day
or some other day. Name-Recognition seems to
be the highest priority to get the message out,
or not?

Taco John
12-22-2007, 01:45 PM

or not?

Media coverage doesn't pay the bills. The campaign is growing exponentially, and with it, so are costs. Also, we've gotten a ton of new coverage we wouldn't have otherwise gotten this week thanks to the moneybomb. I don't know where this mistaken idea that we're not getting media attention over these is coming.

Until someone comes up with an idea that is efficient and can raise the same amount of money and new interest, I'm personally in favor of money bombs and will continue to participate in the ones I feel are the most worthwhile (as fund permit).

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 01:48 PM

or not?

+1
grassroots is best designed to do this

Oliver
12-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Media coverage doesn't pay the bills. The campaign is growing exponentially, and with it, so are costs. Also, we've gotten a ton of new coverage we wouldn't have otherwise gotten this week thanks to the moneybomb. I don't know where this mistaken idea that we're not getting media attention over these is coming.

Until someone comes up with an idea that is efficient and can raise the same amount of money and new interest, I'm personally in favor of money bombs and will continue to participate in the ones I feel are the most worthwhile (as fund permit).

Did you hear about RonPaulPayday yet?

SML
12-22-2007, 01:50 PM

If the campaign sends out a request for money, you know they'll get it. Ending the emphasis on money bombs is not going to break the national campaign.

In the meantime, the six million hasn't gotten Paul on the ballot in Ohio.

PrismPaul
12-22-2007, 01:53 PM
My fear about another Dec moneybomb is this. The total can't possibly match the Dec 16th total, and this will be spun by the msm as loss of momentum. Seriously.

Oliver
12-22-2007, 01:54 PM
My fear about another Dec moneybomb is this. The total can't possibly match the Dec 16th total, and this will be spun by the msm as loss of momentum. Seriously.

BINGO! :)