PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on CNN -- March 20th

mdh
05-20-2007, 10:05 AM
This is being reported on IRC, and apparently there're some cool questions on the line-up. Supposedly it'll be on at about 1230 EST on CNN.

This event has already occured. Please don't be confused by my choice of thread title. :)

A video of this event can be viewed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD9eO7qToTk - Enjoy!

You need to rate, comment, and favorite this video. It is essential.

MsDoodahs
05-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Dunno the timing, but he's due to be on today...

I've got the set on mute so I don't have to hear all their ... falderal. :)

retrorepublican
05-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm watching it. I usually end up missing his live appearances, so I'm looking forward to it.

mdh
05-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Just said he's gonna be on shortly after this commercial break.

llamabread
05-20-2007, 10:30 AM
He's on right now.

Melchior
05-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Thank you, he came out and said it; "I'm more Republican than they are."

His is addressing the argument that Ron Paul's winning in the polls is just a "Sanjaya affect."

retrorepublican
05-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Amazing. I hope someone recorded that. Definitely had some good moments!

mdh
05-20-2007, 10:39 AM
"Saying that they want to silence Ron Paul is like saying that they want to silence the constitution."
Excellent stuff. Good show. I can tell by the fact that the interviewer was talking so fast that he wanted to let Dr. Paul get in as much as possible in the timeslot alotted, which is cool, too!

llamabread
I thought he did pretty well. Just restated what he's been saying all along, but he was alot more assertive about it this time. Definitaly some good quotes in there.

MsDoodahs
THANK YOU GOD FOR HEARING MY PRAYER THAT RON WOULD HOLD HIS OWN.

I'm so pleased with how he showed.

mesler
He did very well and made a very valid point: Republicans can't win on this foreign policy they have now. It's not flying with moderates on both sides, and it's not flying with Independants.

swatmc
Just watched it.

Homerun.

Great job Dr. Paul.

Melchior
05-20-2007, 10:41 AM
"Saying that they want to silence Ron Paul is like saying that they want to silence the constitution."
Excellent stuff. Good show. I can tell by the fact that the interviewer was talking so fast that he wanted to let Dr. Paul get in as much as possible in the timeslot alotted, which is cool, too!

He was stressing the fact that they have to start narrowing down the number of candidates. What do you take from that?

llamabread
05-20-2007, 10:41 AM
He did very well and made a very valid point: Republicans can't win on this foreign policy they have now. It's not flying with moderates on both sides, and it's not flying with Independants.

Exactly what I've been thinking. The only republican with a chance at the White House is Ron Paul, no question about it.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Video! Video! I've been waiting all day to get my RP fix!

Therion
05-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Somebody, put it on Youtube.

MsDoodahs
I've said it before and I will say it again:

There are humans on this earth whose basic belief is this:

"IF I CANNOT RUN IT, I WILL RUIN IT."

The GOP has allowed a faction with that basic belief to get control of their party.

Now, because they KNOW they cannot run the party for too much longer, they are ACTIVELY attempting to DESTROY it.

(edited to add: I am NOT a member of the GOP. I don't care if the party IS destroyed.)

Melchior
Video! Video! I've been waiting all day to get my RP fix!

It's like he's a drug or something. :p

Or short bursts of fresh oxygen after breathing methane in the political atmosphere for so long.

mdh
05-20-2007, 10:46 AM
THANK YOU GOD FOR HEARING MY PRAYER THAT RON WOULD HOLD HIS OWN.

I'm so pleased with how he showed.

Did you really think he wouldn't? Dr. Paul is an excellent speaker, he wouldn't be worth supporting if he wasn't. If you're campaigning on *real issues*, but you can't get your point across effectively, you have no point.
This was a really friendly environment though. The interviewer was really obviously not hostile to us.

AlexAmore
05-20-2007, 10:52 AM
I wish they would stop inputting how he is "Low in the polls". No point to saying that even if it was true. Ron is winning many polls and the "scientific" polls have flaws too that have been pointed out in this forum previously.

Anyways Ron Paul is the second coming of Christ. It's official. :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Ron Paul is the second coming of Christ. It's official. :D

My friends joke that I think that. Between you and me (let's keep it quiet), Yep. :D

MsDoodahs
05-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I am not familiar with this interviewer.

I was hoping he didn't turn into a Hannity clone - you know, overtalking Dr. Paul and being all around rude.

I KNOW Dr. Paul is an excellent speaker. He's a brilliant man, and he UNDERSTANDS the issues better than any politician I've ever seen.

And I would again encourage everyone reading here - if you EVER get an opportunity to hear him, TAKE IT. You won't be disappointed!

:)

mdh
05-20-2007, 10:59 AM
This was a very friendly interviewer. He gave Dr. Paul a ton of time and leeway to answer coherently, and kept his own talking to a minimum so as not to chew too much into the time-slot.

I really want him to speak in this area. I'm working on it...

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Got video? (At the risk of repeating myself.) Cujo, didn't you put up vid of the Hannity interview?

[chirp . . . chirp . . . chirp]

JBKing
05-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I am not familiar with this interviewer.

I was hoping he didn't turn into a Hannity clone - you know, overtalking Dr. Paul and being all around rude.

I KNOW Dr. Paul is an excellent speaker. He's a brilliant man, and he UNDERSTANDS the issues better than any politician I've ever seen.

And I would again encourage everyone reading here - if you EVER get an opportunity to hear him, TAKE IT. You won't be disappointed!

:)

he is a pretty well known journalist who fills in for wolf a lot. He's usually pretty level headed and doesn't bully people, although he is under the thumb of the CNN machine

ratsbew
05-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Anyways Ron Paul is the second coming of Christ. It's official. :D

No that would be Barack Obama, I'm seriously afraid of that guy.

Therion
05-20-2007, 11:24 AM
No that would be Barack Obama, I'm seriously afraid of that guy.

I can't understand what's so great about Obama (and by "can't understand", I'm not using the term to express indignation, I really don't understand!). It seems like all he's ever done is give that one speech at the Democratic Convention years ago, and the media immediately latched on like ticks.

So has Obama actually accomplished anything notable, or...?

mdh
05-20-2007, 11:31 AM
If you don't know what's *different* about Obama, maybe you need to open your *eyes*.
Of course, his differences are only *skin* deep, which is to say, he's just another 'business as usual' politician, which is another reason they like him so much!

ThePieSwindler
05-20-2007, 11:41 AM
I can't understand what's so great about Obama (and by "can't understand", I'm not using the term to express indignation, I really don't understand!). It seems like all he's ever done is give that one speech at the Democratic Convention years ago, and the media immediately latched on like ticks.

So has Obama actually accomplished anything notable, or...?

A lot of it has to do with the shallow perceptions of the American public. He is a democratic candidate (the party currently in favor with the American people), is a young (relatively, hes actually 46, compared to the rest), fresh face, and he professes to support more bipartisan politics, which will draw alot of the moderate and even some conservatives fed up with the republican party. I personally was intrigued by him before i found about about Ron Paul, and he has some very good stances on alot of issues. However, he still believes military action in Iran is a debatable issue on the table, he voted to ban possesson of semi-auto firearms in his homestate, etc, so while he is easily the most likeable Democratic candidate out there, there are still some worrisome aspects of his platform (plus the fact that he is traditionally liberal in many areas such as abortion, taxation, health care, etc).

An ideal election would be Paul vs Obama - rather than the yearly lose-lose situation that many voters are faced with even in local elections, it would be a win-less favorable win outcome, i believe. I do not support Obama, and if somehow Paul can be propelled to his party's nomination by popular support (the only way it can be acheived), i would campaign against Obama and for paul without a second thought. However, I will probably vote for Obama if Paul is not the republican candidate, as he is the next best choice for head of state. If neither of them are the candidates, well, snap. I don't think ill be exercising my voting rights, at least for the presidential election.

So yeah - Obama has substance, and seems to be generally a good, genuine man. But he is a liberal nonetheless, and while he would not do as much to harm the nation as one of the other non-Ron candidates would on either side, he certainly would not limit government size. Right now, the enemy is the rest of the republican candidacy group, and I believe they are far more dangerous than Obama would be to what Ron Paul supporters wish to see done in this country.

mdh
05-20-2007, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD9eO7qToTk

ThePieSwindler
05-20-2007, 11:51 AM

You pwn.

aravoth
05-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Listen guys. RATE THAT CLIP AND FAVORITE IT. that is how you push it to the top. Do it. Do it for your country :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-20-2007, 12:00 PM

Thank you, thank you!

JoshLowry
05-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Everyone has to leave a comment as well. Please do so, this increases his exposure.

Therion
05-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Listen guys. RATE THAT CLIP AND FAVORITE IT. that is how you push it to the top. Do it. Do it for your country :D

Good call, I almost forgot :o

Great interview.

NMCB3
05-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Good interview, be sure to comment and rate.

RedStripe
05-20-2007, 12:12 PM

That was awesome!

Anyone else get so excited after watching Paul speak they do an involuntary fist-pump in the air? Or am I just crazy?

aravoth
05-20-2007, 12:16 PM
That was awesome!

Anyone else get so excited after watching Paul speak they do an involuntary fist-pump in the air? Or am I just crazy?

right there with ya.

AlexAmore
05-20-2007, 12:17 PM
I get super excited. I thought I got excited with anticipation when Lost was about to come on...I was wrong.

Then during his talks I sometimes jump up like the Patriots just scored a touchdown during the Superbowl.

mdh
05-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Then during his talks I sometimes jump up like the Patriots just scored a touchdown during the Superbowl.

You get angry when you hear Ron Paul talk? Well, I guess you mean when he talks about how screwed up the system is now... :)

kylejack
05-20-2007, 12:38 PM
This was so excellent! It started out kind of slow, but it got really good when Dr. Paul got mad toward the end.

UtahApocalypse
05-20-2007, 12:40 PM
That was awesome!

Two-Handed with whooping and hollering !! especially when he talked about not eliminating the voice of the people and democracy.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Everyone has to leave a comment as well. Please do so, this increases his exposure.

I favorited and commented on the video. Sure would be nice is there was an FTP site where you can actually download the clips in Windows Media Player or Real formats.

mdh
05-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I favorited and commented on the video. Sure would be nice is there was an FTP site where you can actually download the clips in Windows Media Player or Real formats.

I would say using open formats is by far a better policy if someone wants to implement this. Since the bulk of us are in the US, choosing a format that isn't encumbered by software patents may be a good idea, as well.

CraigMcCra
05-20-2007, 12:50 PM
We need to be declared as delegates to be involved in the electoral process. http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd251.htm

mdh
05-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Wouldn't it be funny/awesome if a bunch of Paul supporters infiltrated the Republican electorate and made Ron Paul president regardless of who the actual nominee was, if we lost the primary? I think that's doable...

kylejack
05-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Let's not subvert the will of the people. :)

mdh
05-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Let's not subvert the will of the people. :)

s/people/sheeple/

Bryan
05-20-2007, 01:31 PM

Maybe we need a Ron Paul bittorrent channel.

Therion
05-20-2007, 01:34 PM
It's not worth starting a new thread on the topic, so while we're on the subject, hypothetical situation:

At the primaries, Ron Paul gets 52% and Ghoulliani gets 48%. Could the RNC establishment then decide to put forth Ghoulliani as the Republican nominee instead?

Maybe we need a Ron Paul bittorrent channel.

Good idea.

mdh
05-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I can set up a bittorrent tracker if people want it and will seed content.

MsDoodahs
05-20-2007, 01:36 PM
As I understand it, YES, the GOP machine can put forward whoever they want, regardless of who the people want.

Stinker
05-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I'll seed.

Therion
05-20-2007, 02:15 PM
As I understand it, YES, the GOP machine can put forward whoever they want, regardless of who the people want.
Then we're screwed.

I'll seed.
Should I download to help seed, or will that slow it down too much at the beginning...? I've downloaded on Bittorrent a lot but never put anything up.

mdh
05-20-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm actively working on configuring a bittorrent tracker on one of my servers at this time, just so everyone knows. I'll make a new post once things are ready to go live, and I'll start seeding some basic stuff. This is my first time doing such, so I'm learning, and hope to have something basic running by tonight.

Bryan
05-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Someone should start a new BitTorrent thread.

propanes
05-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Has anyone else noticed the audio is out of sync. I haven't follow the whole thread, in case it was mentioned.

kylejack
05-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed the audio is out of sync. I haven't follow the whole thread, in case it was mentioned.

Yes, I noticed.

Therion
05-20-2007, 02:50 PM

It's close enough. YouBoob is notoriously bad for that sort of thing.

mdh
05-20-2007, 02:50 PM
If I see any links around to a better clip, I'll add them to the OP. This is the only one I've seen thus far. Not that a little audio sync problem really impacts the message, Dr. Paul did exceptionally!