PDA

View Full Version : Here's an RP DVD I'd Like to See

AZJV
07-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Here is my suggestion for a new DVD. The other DVD's are great and keep them coming, but I need one like the following:

I believe campaign HQ should make a DVD and put it up for sale on website. This does not have to be extremely high quality, just good quality video and audio. It should be filmed on a relaxed set, such as Charlies Roses'. Dr Paul would be interviewed by a friendly interviewer, either from within the campaign, or by a friendly celeb.

The format would methodically go down the list of Dr. Paul's major policy ideas such as eliminating IRS, FED RESERVE, INCOME TAXES, SMALL GOV., etc, etc. and give him time fully present his ideas on these subjects without hostile interruption and more importantly, how he would go about implementing them. For me, it is hard to get beyond the persons eyes rolling to the back of their head when I mention that RP wants to eliminate these things. They don't believe its possible. I believe all it would take to turn them is to hear RP explain it in his own works.

Once this DVD is edited sell it on the website for 30.00 ea with the stipulation that you could buy one and then burn more copies at home.

I'm not talking an expensive production here ,and selling them at 30.00 would provide a handsome boost to revenues. I believe we could sell thousands of these and duplicate many times more.

What do you think. Could this work?

Jim

maiki
07-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Why sell it for 30$ and not at cost? 30$ is many, many, many times the cost of one dvd.

DJ RP
07-09-2007, 11:21 AM
I think this is a REALLY good idea. We need a good quality, long, uninterrupted interview where RP can really explain his positions.

I agree that the best way to convert people is to hear the man speak. Anybody want to contact the campaign about this?

DeadheadForPaul
07-09-2007, 11:30 AM
I think this is a REALLY good idea. We need a good quality, long, uninterrupted interview where RP can really explain his positions.

I agree that the best way to convert people is to hear the man speak. Anybody want to contact the campaign about this?

I think there should be a main menu where a person can select an issue like "War in Iraq" or "Taxes" and get a 5 minute explanation rather than having 2 hours straight of RP talking. We live in the age of A.D.D. and we need to keep the viewer's attention

AZJV
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Why sell it for 30$ and not at cost? 30$ is many, many, many times the cost of one dvd.

My idea was to sell it for a profit for the campaign.

I believe this can be done very cheaply and quickly. Several tripod mounted video cameras could get the required shots and if need be, there are some very talented people on this board who could edit it if HQ would send them the raw video. I think this is very doable.

AZJV
07-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I sent and email to HQ but I'm sure they are too swamped to respond. Does anybody here have any clout to get in the backdoor and present the idea?

austinphish
07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Good luck on this.

maiki
07-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Nothing sold on the RP website is sold above cost. This is so all donations to the campaign come from specific people, and you cannot circumvent the 2300$ limit. This way, peopl can still buy things even if they have donated the maximum.

Alle88
07-09-2007, 04:21 PM
I think there should be a main menu where a person can select an issue like "War in Iraq" or "Taxes" and get a 5 minute explanation rather than having 2 hours straight of RP talking. We live in the age of A.D.D. and we need to keep the viewer's attention

There is such a menu in the DVD i put together:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3735360/Ron_Paul_Speech_in_Iowa_June_30_2007