PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to go for it: National Freedom Day - Feb. 1st - 8 million goal

IHaveaDream
12-22-2007, 10:13 AM
We raised 4 million, then 6 million. Wanna go for 8 million?

February 1st is National Freedom Day. It commemorates the abolishment of slavery and involuntary servitude. Choosing this for the theme of this money bomb would help to counter some of this racism BS and reach out to minority voters just ahead of Super Tuesday.

It just so happens that February 1st is also Ron and Carol's wedding anniversary. Can you imagine offering them a better gift than three consecutive record-breaking fundraisers in a row for his campaign? What a glorious memory it would be for them.

We'll probably be needing a new infusion of funds anyway to prepare for the march towards the general election.

It's up to you guys.

DealzOnWheelz
12-22-2007, 10:16 AM
it's also the first day of black history month

rich34
12-22-2007, 10:17 AM
No, there is now a push to get the campaign 500,000 dollars a week with everyone donating every Friday. The campaign cannot accurately plan ahead with these moneybombs, but if they had a steady 500,000 they can better run the campaign.

Shink
12-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm getting fatigued by everyone's competing moneybombs, honestly. Doesn't Vijay have one just a bit before this? I'm sure there are dozens of others. If there was a true consensus bomb idea, that'd be fine. The more of these that are halfhearted, the less chance for any extra media.

Coola
12-22-2007, 10:23 AM
No, there is now a push to get the campaign 500,000 dollars a week with everyone donating every Friday. The campaign cannot accurately plan ahead with these moneybombs, but if they had a steady 500,000 they can better run the campaign.

Bingo. We need to switch to this, here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymbz6XrkXzQ

and here's the other linky:

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

IHaveaDream
12-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I proposed this because we seem to be more energized and focused when we have one large event to rally around. Besides, this racism issue is one that is haunting the campaign and the grassroots needs to effectively disarm it with a strong symbolic message against racial inequality.

The payday idea is well intentioned, but Dr. Paul himself has stated very clearly that they have plenty of money to get them through the early primaries. Besides, it doesn't matter what the campaign thinks. It's our efforts that have propelled this movement thus far, not theirs. If the campaign wants to dictate the terms, then let the campaign raise the money on their own.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

My two-cents.

DeafPalmdale
12-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Do you think we can do one and last time on money bomb?