PDA

View Full Version : Think I had my first RP conversion yesterday

billv
07-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I think I had my first Ron Paul conversion yesterday. Was talking with a coworker who a couple of months ago I told about Ron Paul but never really got very far because of what he perceived as RP blaming the US and being weak on defense. So I laid out the RP case yesterday to him. At first, he was very skeptical. "All politicians will tell you one thing and do another". I told him RP was saying the same thing for 20 years. "I heard him in 88 and he was saying the same things then as he is now. He's the real deal". So after conversing with him some more, he finally says, "Hmm...wonder if I can get the wife to change her mind", as his wife is a huge Bush supporter, thanks mostly I think to Faux news.

theblatanttruth
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
One step at a time, brother

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Kung-fu chop fox news.
Give him some videos and material on Ron, or tell him to search youtube for Ron Paul

qednick
07-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I think I had my first Ron Paul conversion yesterday. Was talking with a coworker who a couple of months ago I told about Ron Paul but never really got very far because of what he perceived as RP blaming the US and being weak on defense. So I laid out the RP case yesterday to him. At first, he was very skeptical. "All politicians will tell you one thing and do another". I told him RP was saying the same thing for 20 years. "I heard him in 88 and he was saying the same things then as he is now. He's the real deal". So after conversing with him some more, he finally says, "Hmm...wonder if I can get the wife to change her mind", as his wife is a huge Bush supporter, thanks mostly I think to Faux news.

My wife (member name here "qedtanya") was an ardant Bush supporter 2 months ago.

Right now, she's literally on the phone calling businesses for silent auction donations for RP's San Antonio fundraiser on the 28th. :D

rpf2008
07-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Give him some videos and material on Ron, or tell him to search youtube for Ron Paul

I agree, letting Mr. Paul and the videos do the talking works well.

Yesterday I told my mom a little about him then showed her the CNN debate footage. That footage did more to change her mind than anything I could have said.

I'd suggest sending people directly to the campaign site instead of having them search youtube or whatever else. First impressions mean a lot so it's important they get to the good videos first instead of something lame or misleading.

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Well if you search on youtube for Ron Paul, the first video is aravoth's Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming.

angelatc
07-09-2007, 11:05 AM
It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? When I was passing out stuff in the parade, I offered a "slimjim" to a woman in the crowd, who looked me square in the eye and sais "I'm a Democrat." I said "I'm actually independent, and the woman carrying that banner is a Democrat. Hillary and Obama don't want our troops entirely out of Iraq."

She took my card. I only had 10 seconds to work with, but I got her to listen. It's an awesome feeling.

rpf2008
07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Well if you search on youtube for Ron Paul, the first video is aravoth's Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming.

Ya, but that's just for right now. Who knows that videos will come up in that slot tomorrow, next week or in a month. Search engines are inconsistent and may provide results that work against us. You don't have to worry about that with the campaign page.

billv
07-09-2007, 05:13 PM

That is an awesome video. Perhaps the best =)