spivey378
12-22-2007, 09:17 AM
maybe a vid

voted for the patriot act
voted for the domestic terrorism bill

what else?

the dude has zero record

didnt he take a bunch of money from the Carlyle group

i kind of dont mind him, but lots of sheep prefer him over paul because of his positive speeches promoting change, but with no plan.

LibertyEagle
12-22-2007, 09:20 AM
There's a YouTube around here somewhere, that shows Clinton and Obama's statements at one of the debates, where they were talking about their unwillingness to pull us out of Iraq for quite some time. That seemed to me like it would be very powerful for convincing Democrats.

Someone here, probably has the link for it.

Man from La Mancha
12-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Forget obama, lets just win the primaries.

FireofLiberty
12-22-2007, 09:23 AM
http://www.wral.com/news/political/story/2210277/

Flip-flopper

kushaze
12-22-2007, 09:24 AM
My biggest issue with Obama, other than the fact that I am a conservative, is that he is running a campaign with no record. Obama worked in Illinois for a short time, than he made it to the Senate, and as soon as he got to the Senate he started to run for President. It also kind of pisses me off that Obama actually misses quite a few votes in the Senate and he hasn't even been there for a full term yet.

spivey378
12-22-2007, 09:36 AM
he conveniently missed the iran vote

yet claims to be against iraq

we need to convince peeps that would vote for him to switch to paul, so it is relevant even for the primaries.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-22-2007, 09:41 AM
He always votes "present". No sense of direction. What kind of leader votes "present"? We should call him Dr. Present.

He supports the thoughtcrime bill. HR 1959.
Voted for the Patriot Act.
Voted for the big Amnesty Bill.
Conveniently missed the Iran Vote.
Slimey Slimey Slimey

amistybleu
12-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Obama? this does absolutely nothing to further our cause. Why would we worry about Obama, Clinton, or Edwards at this time as our battle is in the Republicam Primaries. just my 2 cents.

DJ RP
12-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Obama? this does absolutely nothing to further our cause. Why would we worry about Obama, Clinton, or Edwards at this time as our battle is in the Republicam Primaries. just my 2 cents.

Many Obama supporters can be converted to paul supporters. That's why. If we can show them that RP is the true antiwar candidate.

dalaamprince
12-22-2007, 09:47 AM
I can see the importance of this thread in my state at least. If it is your first time registering to vote in New Jersey you do not need to declare party affiliation until the day of our primary. I am college-age and see a lot of Ron Paul supporters and a lot of Obama supporters.

Creating talking points to convert Obama supporters to RP is a proficient use of our time. Just last night my best friend (Obama supporter) and I were discussing our reasons for backing the candidates.

VicVixvi
12-22-2007, 09:49 AM
We need to worry about the other Republican primary candidates and getting Ron on the ballot in all 50 states. Let's not burn our bridges before we cross them :)

LibertyEagle
12-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Someone here on the forums, made a good video that pulled out exactly what Obama, Hillary and I believe, Edwards said during one debate. In that debate, I remember being shocked, because they all said they wouldn't pull the troops out of Iraq for a long time.

Since then, they have flip-flopped.

That video was good. Who knows where it is?

amakris
12-23-2007, 02:21 AM
He always votes "present". No sense of direction. What kind of leader votes "present"? We should call him Dr. Present.

He supports the thoughtcrime bill. HR 1959.
Voted for the Patriot Act.
Voted for the big Amnesty Bill.
Conveniently missed the Iran Vote.
Slimey Slimey Slimey

HR 1959 is no such thing. Read the actual bill. You are being lied to.

Focus on his Patriot Act vote.

Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Obama would be a good diplomat, and he has good ideas when it comes to foreign policy

but he knows next to nothing about economics and he has terrible domestic policy. He'd be a good secretary of state, but that's about it, imo

deltabourne
12-23-2007, 02:30 AM
ask him if he thinks an african american can really be ready to run the country that'll make him confused probably

denvervoipguru
12-23-2007, 02:35 AM
enough said

RP-Republican
12-23-2007, 02:42 AM
Forget obama, lets just win the primaries.

this would be a good idea

quantized
12-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Obama is not easy to take on. His political platform is on 'change', anti-status quo, which bears much similarity to Ron. Therefore he is also able to motivates a substantial group of young americans, and they are also as fervour. Americans hunger for a parting with status quo, and whoever is riding on this wave of infuriation is definitely garnering a passionate following.

Therefore, it would not be strategic to attack Obama and alienate ourselves from these voters. Of all candidates, Obama's fans are the one who we should befriend with.

The easiest one to take on is Hillary. She basically stands for nothing, no convictions, only pandering to interest groups. A typical neocon. Uninformed fans of hers can be easily swayed.

shoms_w
12-23-2007, 03:22 AM
Dr. Paul will swat him with the Constitution. I ain't worried about Obama :)

SlapItHigh
12-23-2007, 03:35 AM
Obama would be a good diplomat, and he has good ideas when it comes to foreign policy

Huh? You are seriously confused unless you strongly disagree with Ron Paul on foreign policy. Obama does NOT have good dieas when it comes to foreign policy. His foreign policy views are very similar to Bush. Obama is a big time interventionist. Read his own website - http://www.barackobama.com/issues/strengtheningamerica/ . Sheesh.

SlapItHigh
12-23-2007, 03:38 AM
Obama is not easy to take on. His political platform is on 'change', anti-status quo, which bears much similarity to Ron.

I disagree...Obama is extremely easy to take on. You are correct in that his big thing is "change" but that is total surface and very easy to shine light on. Everything he says is "change" but everything he does is status quo. You can very easily point that out with real life examples to no end.

quantized
12-23-2007, 04:02 AM
I disagree...Obama is extremely easy to take on. You are correct in that his big thing is "change" but that is total surface and very easy to shine light on. Everything he says is "change" but everything he does is status quo. You can very easily point that out with real life examples to no end.

Oh well.. Let me put it this way. Obama is "percieved" to be an agent of change and a very efficient politician. He advocates "change" but create consensus through compromise where necessary. In other words, he is for pragmatic change and not a radical overhaul of the political system.

My response to this thread was that, of the 3 front runner on the democratic side, i would not choose to launch an internet-based attack ads on Obama. First off, his political platform is closest to ours. One for practical change, ours for fundamental change. It will end up to being a debate over philosophical sophistication vs. political pragmatism.

I say pick Hillary. She is a no-brainer. Everyone attacks her anyway, so we will not be percieved as the only 'bad guy'.

SlapItHigh
12-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Oh well.. Let me put it this way. Obama is "percieved" to be an agent of change and a very efficient politician. He advocates "change" but create consensus through compromise where necessary. In other words, he is for pragmatic change and not a radical overhaul of the political system.

My response to this thread was that, of the 3 front runner on the democratic side, i would not choose to launch an internet-based attack ads on Obama. First off, his political platform is closest to ours. One for practical change, ours for fundamental change. It will end up to being a debate over philosophical sophistication vs. political pragmatism.

I say pick Hillary. She is a no-brainer. Everyone attacks her anyway, so we will not be percieved as the only 'bad guy'.

While I still don't agree with you (I don't think he offers any practical changes either - only takls about practical changes but his actions are consistent status quo with no change at all however practical), I see what you are saying and that is certainly one way to look at it. You could also look at it from the angle that you are more likely to succeed in getting supporters to switch sides if you target Obama v say hillary. If folks are looking for any kind of change and they support Obama, you are more likely to get them to switch over to Paul by showing how Paul's actions support change while Obama's do not. With hillary, you first have to convince people that change would be a good thing which is a lot harder to do.

erin moore
12-23-2007, 04:09 AM
I've always been a democrat. I voted for Gore and Kerry. I'm in my 20s, I'm a student... I porbably would have voted for Obama, I just happened to see a debate and looked Paul up. Yes, we can focus on getting to that later, but a lot of dems will switch, even hardcore dems...

I went from liberal to libertarian.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-23-2007, 04:42 AM
HR 1959 is no such thing. Read the actual bill. You are being lied to.

Focus on his Patriot Act vote.

My bad. There is no HR 1959. It's actually HR 1955 / S 1959 the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007.

Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 - Amends the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to add provisions concerning the prevention of homegrown terrorism (terrorism by individuals born, raised, or based and operating primarily in the United States). Directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to: (1) establish a grant program to prevent radicalization (use of an extremist belief system for facilitating ideologically-based violence) and homegrown terrorism in the United States; (2) establish or designate a university-based Center of Excellence for the Study of Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism in the United States; and (3) conduct a survey of methodologies implemented by foreign nations to prevent radicalization and homegrown terrorism.

this could drive a stake into the heart of the Constitution farther than the Patroit Act did.

My question is...How does a candidate that promotes "change" support these types of legistion, ie Patroit Act, Homegrown Terrorism Act, Amnesty etc. etc. etc.? He talks the talk, but he doesn't walk the walk. He doesn't have much of a record, but looking at his record so far, he's no different than the other status quo candidates.

Arek
12-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Well I believe that Hillary will buy the election. After having a slump she's gotten back up in Iowa over Obama. Obama is the best front running democrat there is, however I'd say Kucinich is probably the best Democratic candidate.

VoteRonPaul2008
01-30-2008, 07:21 AM
This is well written from a girl on my Y/A

Obama fans need a reality check

"According the NY Times, he has missed 70% of Senate votes & the votes he actually bothered to show up for were marked present.. His sixth and seventh important acts as a senator were to vote for a bill that made it nearly impossible for ordinary people to sue giant corporations who rob & defraud. He voted for President Bush's energy bill, sending more than $13 billion in subsidies and tax breaks to oil, coal, and nuclear companies. He voted to allow credit card companies to raise interest rates over 30 percent. He spoke out against the Patriot Act, only to vote in favor of reauthorizing it, he cannot commit to have all troops out of Iraq by 2013, supported Bush's sanctions against Iran and co-sponsored a bill designating the Iranian National Guard a terrorists organization, he implied he'd invade Pakistan, he favors amnesty for illegal immigrants, he is for entitlement programs that will increase the deficit leaving the burden on taxpayers.. He has no consistency on the issues of social security and taxes, in the very beginning he was for raising the cap, then having all options on the table, then appointing a bipartisan commission, now he's back to raising the cap.. he also accepts money from lobbyists & PAC's while claiming he doesn't."

BillyDkid
01-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Isn't it a little early to be concerned about Obama? Don't you think we have to first win the fight we're in?