PDA

View Full Version : Can we max out again after Dec 31st?

jrich4rpaul
12-22-2007, 08:14 AM
If we've already maxed out, can we start donating again Jan 1st? I'm not too knowledgable on how the election cycle works with the 2300 now, 2300 then stuff.

stefans
12-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm no expert either, but it's per election, not per year.
so the limit is 2,300 each for the primary election, the general election, and as far as I know ron paul's congressional re-election.

Corydoras
12-22-2007, 09:04 AM
No, if you're maxed out, you can't start again until he wins the Republican nomination.

jrich4rpaul
12-22-2007, 09:05 AM
It's interesting that Hillary Clinton can already accept general election donations, isn't it...

Exponent
12-22-2007, 10:15 AM
It's interesting that Hillary Clinton can already accept general election donations, isn't it...
Paul can too, he has just chosen not to.

Rahl
12-22-2007, 10:19 AM
That's his way of saying: our movement needs grassroot efforts more than anything else.
You should really consider giving some money to projects like www.operationnh.com or www.ronpaulblimp.com

ConvertedNeoCon
12-22-2007, 10:24 AM
That's his way of saying: our movement needs grassroot efforts more than anything else.
You should really consider giving some money to projects like www.operationnh.com or www.ronpaulblimp.com

Hit the nail on the head. These seem to be the big ones that can really make a difference.

JenHarris
12-22-2007, 10:50 AM

No it's not. Those are good causes but the the campaign &/or Ron Paul NEVER said it's so that we'll focus on grassroots. I really wish people would start using logic instead of stating their opinion as fact and then implying/saying Ron Paul said it.

InRonWeTrust
12-22-2007, 10:56 AM
No, if you're maxed out, you can't start again until he wins the Republican nomination.

Or runs 3rd party.

Rahl
12-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Just wanted to show options for the ones that are maxed out since they won't be able to donate to the campaign for quite some time, right ?

I'm not at all against donating to the official campaign, i think the www.ronpaulspayday.com idea is great. sorry for having implied that in my earlier post, i have a hard time finding the right words most of the time as a non native speaker.

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 11:02 AM
if your maxed out its primetime to donate to the blimp and OLFD. in fact even if your not maxed out i reccommend the good ole grassroots projects over campaign contributions