PDA

View Full Version : The Two Words that Will Lead to Victory: "Honest Ron"

SoundOfSilence
12-22-2007, 07:53 AM
I think the man's honesty is really the final determinant that will clinch the election. In this he is unassailable. When held up to the light, all else will fall.

Like "Honest Abe" he will win over even those who may disagree, in the end. Authenticity always wins out, and is the one thing the others cannot replicate.

They can all start talking about the Constitution, freedom, eliminating the IRS (Huckabee has already starting down this road of imitation). They could even promise, as George W. himself did in his run in 2000: "No nation building, no policing of the world, and a humble foreign policy of peace." They can say all they want. Romney will abolish the Fed. McCain will decide that the war can now end. Giuliani will promise to maintain our sovereignty. They can lie and lie and lie if the tide turns toward RP's positions.

In the end, only his character as "Honest Ron" ensures that we believe what he says and he's not just telling people what they want to hear. His voting record and sincerity speak for themselves, but I think most have been missing this central point: most of all we vote because he is "Honest Ron."

Honesty is the overarching characteristic, the unstated filter through which we all judge a candidate before even looking at what they stand for. If it were not so, Flip Flopney could simply usurp all of Ron Paul's positions by saying, "Of course I would never violate the Constitution, it goes without saying that everything I've said before includes that condition, so there's nothing to this Ron Paul revolution thing. Oh yeah, and I support sound money." Once elected, whatever events transpire will of course "change everything" and they get away with their lies.

Honest Ron FTW!!

jrich4rpaul
12-22-2007, 08:18 AM
It's catchy

Chomsky
12-22-2007, 08:42 AM
I like it!

Man from La Mancha
12-22-2007, 08:44 AM
It sure is more descriptive of Ron than Abe.

FreeTraveler
12-22-2007, 09:05 AM

+1

That's my only concern. "Honest" has been used so long to describe politicians who are vile crooks, that using it to describe the good doctor may have a reverse effect.

ctblnpilot
12-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Ronald "Ernest" Paul

JMann
12-22-2007, 09:26 AM
I like Honest Ron.

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 09:30 AM
HONEST RON

I love it.

Let's start using that in all our communications, ads, ect. :)

VicVixvi
12-22-2007, 09:31 AM
It's the HONESTY, stupid

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Here's a Thomas Jefferson quote to go along with this...

“An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens” - Thomas Jefferson

Adamsa
12-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Honest Ron, I really think this is a good nick.

Politeia
12-22-2007, 09:53 AM

That's my only concern. "Honest" has been used so long to describe politicians who are vile crooks, that using it to describe the good doctor may have a reverse effect.

Ditto. I have to laugh when I see ol' "Honest" Abe featured in Ron Paul videos, given that he was the chief architect of the Imperial Presidency that we're trying to dissolve. And a very evil man -- though certainly a master of rhetoric. (Remember, the Devil can quote scripture.)

Like "The Honorable" (*gag*) and "Your Honor", "Honest" has been so soiled by liars and crooks that it would sound hokey pasted onto RP's name.

Ron Paul can speak for himself. Leave it at that.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-22-2007, 09:56 AM
It makes him sound like a used car salesman. Anybody that markets the word "honest" in their slogan is doing it to try and force and opinion, of which most would say why does he need to say honest if he really is.
thats just my opinion

Johnnybags
12-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Gotti would be proud.

Arek
12-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Ron "The Truth" Paul. Vote Ronest vote for Ron Paul.

VicVixvi
12-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Here's a Thomas Jefferson quote to go along with this...

“An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens” - Thomas Jefferson

That would make A GREAT quote to start off an "Honest Ron" You Tube video!

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 10:04 AM
That would make A GREAT quote to start off an "Honest Ron" You Tube video!

Yeah, along with the song "Honesty"...

Here's a video, but I don't like it because it focuses on the 911 truth stuff - but maybe someone could do a vid like this without all the negative baggage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZ4dHimi1Y

FreeTraveler
12-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Two big problems surface. One, the last president to use that moniker was one of the very worst.

Two, the MSM still worships Lincoln, since they don't want the world to know the truth about him. I can just HEAR O'Reily, Hannity, and Limbaugh snorting and snickering that the grassroots dares compare Ron Paul to that icon of statesmanship.

Plus, it'll make me puke.

coffeewithchess
12-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I like this idea...imagine seeing "HONEST Ron" signs start popping up all over your town...I bet that would start raising questions.