PDA

View Full Version : Should RP get on impeachment bandwagon?

cajuncocoa
07-09-2007, 09:02 AM
I have my own thoughts on this, but am interested in what the RP forum community has to say. Should Rep. Paul get behind Rep. Dennis Kucinich's bill (HR333) to impeach Bush and Cheney?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_House_Resolution_333

I would love to hear the thoughts of others on this, as it may help in a discussion I am having about this elsewhere.

Thanks.

micahnelson
07-09-2007, 09:05 AM
No. People running as republicans should not promote the impeachment of a Republican President. It destroys respect in the party.

We impeached clinton. I feel as though if we do this now, impeachment will just become the normal course of action in the last two years of a president's term.

LibertyBelle
07-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Impeachment touchy issue for so many reasons, even though believe they absolutely deserve it. If they get impeached, Pelosi is Prez!! She is a criminal herself, and would be the incumbent against RP.

Quagmire! :eek:

angelatc
07-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree. The Democrats have been ranting about impeachment since the day they took office. I resent the power grabs by the Executive Branch, but anybody that didn't see this coming over the past 40 years isn't paying much attention. It's Congress' fault for letting it get so out of hand to begin with.

It troubles me that the SUpreme Court doesn't allow Congress to use them as the intermidiary though. As in, when Clinton tried the line item veto, COngress turned to the Court, who said that Congress wasn't the party who could sue - it had to be somebody affected by the veto. I don't think that's right.

Kuldebar
07-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Impeachment of either idiot in office is in many ways a diversion, in my opinion. It's also of questionable value this late in the game. The dems would get their little show and drama on TV news...yet after all that nothing would actually happen.

cajuncocoa
07-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks, great responses, and many in agreement with my line of reasoning.

cajuncocoa
07-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Impeachment touchy issue for so many reasons, even though believe they absolutely deserve it. If they get impeached, Pelosi is Prez!! She is a criminal herself, and would be the incumbent against RP.

Quagmire! :eek:

On the subject of Pelosi becoming President (yikes!)...that might only be true if both were impeached and removed together. However, and another thing that troubles me, if impeachment proceedings began, I wonder if one of them wouldn't resign (possibly Cheney) and then GWB would hand-select a new VP (Giuliani, perhaps??) and then HE would become President instead of Pelosi (double-yikes!!)

LibertyBelle
07-09-2007, 09:58 AM
On the subject of Pelosi becoming President (yikes!)...that might only be true if both were impeached and removed together. However, and another thing that troubles me, if impeachment proceedings began, I wonder if one of them wouldn't resign (possibly Cheney) and then GWB would hand-select a new VP (Giuliani, perhaps??) and then HE would become President instead of Pelosi (double-yikes!!)

Anything is possible, that's why it is such a quagmire. Pelosi? Guiliani, or any other Republican incumbent they would pick? A year and half to go, impeachment proceedings would be drawn out and would be a big fiasco. I'm afraid also that people would be paying attention to that instead of the people running for office. It would be a huge diversion. Another quagmire!

This just hurts, because they so deserve it! I do know that Pelosi is not pushing for impeachment.

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Impeachment of either idiot in office is in many ways a diversion, in my opinion. It's also of questionable value this late in the game. The dems would get their little show and drama on TV news...yet after all that nothing would actually happen.

Agreed.

cajuncocoa
07-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks again, more great answers. You guys have helped me tremendously this morning (as usual!)

nullvalu
07-09-2007, 10:07 AM
I think its kind of a waste of time.. I'd like to see him impeached but would rather RP continues the messages he's been delivering.. Freedom is popular, people will catch on.

cjhowe
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM

Since the nominated VP would require Congressional approval, I think McCain is the only non obscure Republican that could accomplish that. The congressional republican leadership has been too divisive to get approval. But this is purely fantasy speculation as Congress would have to grow a pair first. Judging by their approval rating, the American people don't think that's going to happen.

RonPaul4President
07-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Should RP get on impeachment bandwagon?

Hell yes! Political correctness is for Cowards and Bureaucrats.

Principle trumps politeness.

cajuncocoa
07-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Hell yes! Political correctness is for Cowards and Bureaucrats.

Principle trumps politeness.

Not picking on your answer, but since you were the sole voice advocating this, I have a follow up question. Since it seems one of two things would happen -- either Bush/Cheney would hand-pick a successor, or Nancy Pelosi would become President -- why would you want either of those outcomes?

SeanEdwards
07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I think RP should support impeachment, but I don't think he should be shrill about it like Kucinich.

I can think of few cases in history where the country has needed a President to disappear more. Bush is the weakest most tainted lame duck of a joke President ever. He can not possibly succeeed in any endeavor at this point. Any cause he tries to support is doomed. For the good of the country he should step down, and since he refuses to do that, Ron Paul should respectfully join the call for his removal.