PDA

View Full Version : Ads in Michigan!

rational thinker
12-22-2007, 12:55 AM
When will the T.V. and radio ads for Ron Paul begin in Michigan? Right now, I'm seeing many Mitt Romney T.V. ads and it's not looking good for Ron. Mitt Romney also has an advantage over these voters in that his dad was governor of Michigan.

rational thinker
12-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Bump

peter_lifton
12-22-2007, 04:01 PM
When will the T.V. and radio ads for Ron Paul begin in Michigan? Right now, I'm seeing many Mitt Romney T.V. ads and it's not looking good for Ron. Mitt Romney also has an advantage over these voters in that his dad was governor of Michigan.

He's been on the radio now for almost two weeks on multiple stations several times per day. The main issue pushed is the NAFTA trade agreement (and other agreements like it) being bad for the country. I'm thinking this would resonate with Michigan automotive people afraid of their jobs being all sent to Mexico again.

atariman486
12-22-2007, 04:10 PM
It's not radio or TV, but my parents got a direct mailing today from the Ron Paul campaign. It was very nicely done too. :)

walt
12-22-2007, 04:10 PM
It's not radio or TV, but my parents got a direct mailing today from the Ron Paul campaign. It was very nicely done too. :)

can we see a scan please? :)

boondoggle
12-22-2007, 04:11 PM
^^ What he said.

I've heard it on B95, the banana, and 103.9 the fox. So, yes, that's about it. If you don't live near here, I'm sure I sound a little loony . . . Hahaha . . .

asmartchimp
12-22-2007, 04:14 PM
I am pretty sure HQ is only running TV ads in Iowa and NH right now.:confused:

rational thinker
12-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Well, I guess there are radio ads, but I am positive there are none TV ads. There should be in order to attract the young vote. People in their teens and twenties and thirties probably don't listen to the radio for news and politics. I think some Jeremiah Black TV ads in Michigan would be perfect and would help gain thousands of votes.

freedom-maniac
12-22-2007, 06:26 PM
I've heard a radio ad in MI. Ron was talking about NAU and the NAFTA super-highway. Good ole Ron.

freedom-maniac
12-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Anyways, don't worry. In my county, I've seen one roadside banner for Romney, and that's fallen down in disrepair and is getting buried in snow. I've seen at least 2 sign waves for Ron Paul, heard his ads on the radio, and seen his signs in people's yards. He'll do all right.

koob
12-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I know a lot of Romney supporters, but I also know a lot of paul supporters.

Dan D.
12-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Honestly I think Michigan represents Ron's best chance to get a >50% majority in a primary. Why? An open primary with only Hillary Clinton on the ballot for the Dems. No Dem in their right mind will go vote to vote for her; we need to convince them to come vote anyway, for the least objectionable candidate in the Republican field. And that's Paul.