PDA

View Full Version : Should there be a video sub-forum created? -- IMPORTANT VOTE!

Bryan
12-22-2007, 12:46 AM
The leading proposal is for a "Ron Paul Videos" sub-forum to go under "Bad Media Reporting". The sub-title would be "TV news videos, official campaign videos & other videos in direct support of the Ron Paul 2008 campaign."

Thoughts?

Edit to add:
I'll tell you what I'd like to see- picture this. Have a button somewhere on the front page here that says "Watch Videoes" and when selected takes you to a http://FreeMe.TV style screen that starts to play all the new videos added, one by one, since the last time you hit "Watch Videos" (or where you last left off). Add a button for "skip to next" and maybe a few configuration options like:

X - only watch top rated
X - only watch news clips
X - add in non-Ron Paul videos

Include a feature for comments and we're good to go! That said, I don't have time to do this job so my best is a sub-forum. :(

BTW, if you haven't been to http://FreeMe.TV, I suggest you visit now. :)

Luft97
12-22-2007, 12:47 AM
I think sub forums would get overlooked TBH everyone sits in here for the most part =p

Perry
12-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Would it mean we can't post videos in other forums? If so then forget about it.

Bryan
12-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Would it mean we can't post videos in other forums? If so then forget about it.
That isn't a requirement.

Shink
12-22-2007, 12:52 AM
So much compartmentalization! Biased choices. How about: No--I've linked to videos quite easily in the main grassroots area, thanks. ??? Unnecessary. Imagine if each subforum you created costed taxpayer money. What's truly necessary, and what is "pork?"

Bryan
12-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Biased choices.
The people that have requested this sub-forum argue that it will help people find videos easier hence the "bias" if that is what you are referring to. I didn't want to undersell their position.

No--I've linked to videos quite easily in the main grassroots area, thanks.
Of course, but that's not the issue they are arguing for- it's just as easy to post them in a video sub-forum.

Just an FYI- I am not in favor of this but it has been requested so many times I thought it was worth a community poll.

Cheers! :)

Bryan
12-22-2007, 01:00 AM
I think sub forums would get overlooked TBH everyone sits in here for the most part =p
If you use "New Posts" then there is no sitting any one place, you can get the best of all the different places that are important to you at once (with use of include / exclude options). It's a great feature. :)

Ron Paul Fan
12-22-2007, 01:06 AM
It might come as a surprise to some, but I must oppose yet another attempt to expand our empire. What eventually happens to all empires? They fall because they overextend themselves. Right now, we have 63 sub forums and that's even after I took down the ridiculous test forum! We were not meant to be an empire! We were meant to be a republic protecting liberty here in the grassroots! Let's get back to our traditions in our Forum Constitution. Restore the Republic! Vote down the video sub forum!!!!!!

cjhowe
12-22-2007, 03:27 AM
I don't know if you guys are customizing any of the forum from a coding perspective, but it would be cool if youtube links could be extracted and copied to the top of the thread (and create a blacklist for rick-rolledesque youtube vids :) )

Bryan
12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't know if you guys are customizing any of the forum from a coding perspective, but it would be cool if youtube links could be extracted and copied to the top of the thread (and create a blacklist for rick-rolledesque youtube vids :) )
There are some ways to do that- we might do part of it- not sure yet. Add a post in the Feedback sub-forum so it doesn't get lost. :)

I edited this to add to my original post:

I'll tell you what I'd like to see- picture this. Have a button somewhere on the front page here that says "Watch Videoes" and when selected takes you to a http://FreeMe.TV style screen that starts to play all the new videos added, one by one, since the last time you hit "Watch Videos" (or where you last left off). Add a button for "skip to next" and maybe a few configuration options like:

X - only watch top rated
X - only watch news clips
X - add in non-Ron Paul videos

Include a feature for comments and we're good to go! That said, I don't have time to do this job so my best is a sub-forum. :(

BTW, if you haven't been to http://FreeMe.TV, I suggest you visit now. :)

Bryan
12-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Bump. Only 30 votes so far. :)

ronpaulfan
12-22-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm actually okay now with the "Daily Best Videos (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=62709)" thread.

The biggest problem was video threads kept scrolling off the front page too quickly and nobody got a chance to see them. Now with the "Fastest Rising Videos" section, everyone can quickly identify all the hot Ron Paul YouTube videos.

My suggestion now is to have a "Video Archive" forum for videos no longer climbing the daily YouTube charts.

:)

quantized
12-22-2007, 04:29 PM
I like this idea.

Joe3113
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Ok here is what I propose:

Have a separate video archive forum where videos are archived in the following way:

Interviews
Speeches
Fan Videos
Other

Arrange them all in chronological order (For fan videos it would be when they were made/uploaded)

ALSO....keep the video thread that ronpaulfan has created in the grassroots section for the purpose of getting videos high in the youtube rankings.....we could have periodic 'youtube bombs' were everyone on the forums gives a youtube video alot of ratings in a short time so that it gets to the top...

my 2c