PDA

View Full Version : AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) magazine ad idea.

dfalken
12-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I am a private pilot and subscriber to AOPA Magazine (website subscription is included). There are about 600,000 private pilots in the USA and about 450,000 of them subscribe to AOPA magazine. The hottest issue over the last year being discussed by AOPA with its membership is the FAA wanting to impose user fees on general aviation (which would basically destroy it). Ron Paul opposes the user fees and would consequently be a natural fit for most pilots. Beyond that, pilots tend to be independent thinkers and freedom lovers.

The pilot population in America is older and less web savvy, therefore I think a print ad in this magazine which is read religiously by general aviation pilots every month would be a great idea.

I have sent an email to the company that offered Ron Paul a free private jet to see if they would like to fund the ad. If you'd like to see the prices they can be found here:

http://www.aopaadvertising.org/AOPA2007Site/directory/apd_rates.html

If the company doesn't want to fund it do you think we should try to fund it ourselves? I'll post again when I hear back from them and we can proceed from there possibly with finding the creative talent for the ad.

This is my first endeavor as a grassroots member and I would welcome any and all feedback.

thanks,
David

Copperhed51
01-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Might not be a bad idea. I'm an AOPA member and get the magazine. Most of my pilot friends are pretty open to RP.