PDA

View Full Version : No More Money Bombs!

DrJimiJon
12-21-2007, 10:40 PM
We've done some great work guys! Now is the time to develop a new strategy instead of relying on the same stuff again and again. We keep raising the bar for ourselves and it is increasingly harder to break our past records. If our next money bomb falls short, our opponents will use that against us.

And they also like to accuse our non-violent movement as being extremist because we call it a money 'bomb'.

The shock and awe campaign has done its job, now its time to follow through with serious results in polling and positive media coverage. Focusing on money bombs is a waste of effort that is critically needed in other areas.

Watch this guy's video for a detailed explanation;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymbz6XrkXzQ&true

jn0117
12-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Bump. This guy is right. Stop the money bombs!

banjojambo9
12-22-2007, 02:39 PM
gee didnt think id see romney and huck on the boards!What would it cost to buy the support of just about every nationally syndicated neocon talk show host in America? About $19.5 billion, which is what Mitt Romney's private equity firm, Bain Capital, and Thomas H. Lee Partners have agreed to pay in a leveraged buyout agreement with Clear Channel Communications, the largest radio station owner in the country. This is part of a negotiation that has been pending for over a year. Mitt Romney remains a silent partner of Bain Capital.

Mahkato
12-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Ron Paul doesn't need our money now. He needs our TIME.

voytechs
12-22-2007, 02:46 PM
I disagree, if we stop these it will disasterous. We need to send money to the campaign and in greater numbers. I'm not sure what you ment by hard, I had no trouble sending my cash in, it easy as pie. MLK seems to be the next big date and I'm in.

Campaign uses these money bombs are fuel and arsenal against MSM, we can't stop. They'll blast it all over that RP is loosing his support. Its a bad idea, stick with what works.

DrJimiJon
12-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Im not suggesting you stop donating, im suggesting you keep donating but do it as a steady flow instead of waiting for money bombs to come along. If the next money bomb brings in less than the last one it will send the wrong message.

francioshouse
12-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I do agree that the purpose of our money bombs should not be to get media attention. The purpose should be to get the campaign money. As such I suggest visiting the following site: Regional Money Bomb (http://www. geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html)

thekeeper
12-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree. Keep donating (if you can), but it is time to focus on spreading the message. I'm busy burning DVDs as I am typing. I've focussed my money on ordering SlimJims, and printing tri-fold flyers. I'm trying to help supply my fellow meet-up group members with the DVDs, SlimJims, tri-fold flyers, and bumper stickers. I've moved from online to on-the ground. That is where we need to focus now. But at the same time, we need to keep the campaign funded.

DrJimiJon
12-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I think we've already got the numbers to win the primaries, the problem is that a lot of Ron Paul supporters aren't even registered to vote. Raising money is definitely important, but right now we need to focus on making sure the supporters are registered to vote in primaries.

Here's the breakdown;

* Last election; only 50% of registered voters turned out to vote

* Average primary turnout; only 25% of voters eligible to vote in primary will

With such weak numbers, it doesn't take much to make a difference. Considering how many apathetic people are waking up to RP's message, it's easy to dominate the primaries with such weak numbers.

Ron Paul probably only needs about 33% in any given primary to win. Getting RP supporters registered to vote in primaries is what we need to focus on, not the next money bomb.

thuja
12-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Im not suggesting you stop donating, im suggesting you keep donating but do it as a steady flow instead of waiting for money bombs to come along. If the next money bomb brings in less than the last one it will send the wrong message.

we absolutely should keep on donating regularly, that will be news, and money bombs have already made a statement. let's also keep donating to the blimp, and other things already started.

thuja
12-22-2007, 10:37 PM
i think there are a lot of new voters. like me. i will be voting for the first time, since this is the most important vote in my life. we have to be sure to get more such votes, and RP's message is the vote getter. today i met 3 more like myself, and while i told them about the money bomb successes, i did not have to encourage them to donate yet, just to go to the site and study the issues. they will probably donate when they see the site.

PabloFrancisco
12-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I think this is a horrible idea.

-When canvassing and debating with individuals about Ron Pauls chances it is sure helpful to say- "Ron Paul raised more than 6 million in one day- thats more than any candidate EVER". You'll be surprised how many people say, "well hell, I like him, I just didn't think everyone else would. I'll give him my vote."

- Also, it gets people excited about donating- no one wants to look back and kick themselves for not being a part of a movement like this one. It brings in thousands of new donations every time. $100 is a drop in the bucket for any American. (I alone have donated upwards of $800 and I'm a full time college student)

- Weekly "money bombs" don't work nearly as well- There are many around the internet that have not come close to achieving what 11/5 or 12/16 did. The campaign won't be complaining about "not having enough money" for some time.

This campaign is not going to succeed by top to bottom approach. If you want to do something, don't worry about the money bombs. Work on ideas such as getting canvassing organized or getting RP supporters into your county delegate system.

Sey.Naci
12-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Agree with OP. Ron Paul's Payday is a brilliant idea, similar to the original weekly moneybomb concept, but spun with the neat idea of a no-tax deducted pay check.

DrJimiJon
12-22-2007, 11:05 PM
-When canvassing and debating with individuals about Ron Pauls chances it is sure helpful to say- "Ron Paul raised more than 6 million in one day- thats more than any candidate EVER". You'll be surprised how many people say, "well hell, I like him, I just didn't think everyone else would. I'll give him my vote."

Right, and we've already done this so we can talk about it all we want. What's the point of doing it again?

Tina
12-22-2007, 11:11 PM
People with few posts behind them suggesting that we quit doing something that is working very well. Hmmmmm............

Man from La Mancha
12-22-2007, 11:34 PM
People with few posts behind them suggesting that we quit doing something that is working very well. Hmmmmm............
+1

http://freeatlast2008.com/

watch......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDRA3XFfDr4

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7412/mlkin4.jpg

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice" Barry Goldwater
Real good clips of Reagan, Goldwater, Kennedy, Booby Kennedy, Malcome X and MLK

at about 3:40 minutes hear MLK give the the Brave Heart speech 40 yr earlier

As so many with faults and maybe being what your ideas of a hero is but 4 of these men died of what they finally believed. And martin was a great Orator

RP4U&ME
12-23-2007, 12:06 AM
There's nothing "fresh" about this idea at all. There is already a weekly money bomb in place @ http://RonPaulMoneyBomb.com/
Besides, we should forget the campaign for a few weeks, they have plenty of money for now. We can be much better stewards of our own money at this point by funding our own grassroots projects. Every additional dollar given to the campaign will realize a decreasing incremental benefit. There's not much difference between $19 million or $19.5 million, the campaign won't miss $500k. But that same money could fully fund many worthwhile chip-ins, including those TV ads for the early primary states. That's really the kind of shift in strategy that's necessary now, not some transmogrification of the same old tired money bomb concept.

DrJimiJon
12-23-2007, 12:36 AM

You'll have to excuse me for spending my time spreading the message to people that aren't already familiar with it instead of living on this forum all day.

Allen72289
12-23-2007, 05:44 AM
I like the idea of weekly payments.

They're right... trying to set records all the time is going to set us up for the worse.

DrJimiJon
12-23-2007, 10:32 AM
And don't get me wrong guys, those of you that disagree. As a Ron Paul supporter that is constantly ridiculed, who am i to cast dispersion on those that disagree with me?

I fully encourage you guys to debate the merits of what i propose. However, can we leave this "OMG he doesnt agree with us he must be part of a neocon conspiracy!" crap out of the discussion please?

There are pros and cons to keeping the same strategy, and there are pros and cons to changing it.

The money bombs were not only designed to raise money, but also to raise free media attention. The 11/5 fundraiser got more media attention than the 12/16 one, even tho the 12/16 one broke all past records. Why is that?

Did you notice how they tried to use 11/5 to tie Ron Paul to Guy Fawkes, "the violent anarchist." And how they tried to imply all sorts of bulls*** about supporters referring to it as a "money bomb".

What is the end goal? To raise the most money or to get the most votes? I think that right now we need to come up with a winning strategy to do better in the polls. But after all there is only one poll that matters, the voting booth.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-28-2007, 01:46 AM
We can't stop the money bombs. We need to spread the word of Ron Paul as much as we can with out projects, then there will be more supporters for our money bombs.

Here is a split of what he needs-- 70% time- 30% money bombs