PDA

View Full Version : Go After your....

Artsy74
12-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Your mail delivery people.

I found out today that my mail woman is a Ron Paul person.

I just spent an hour on the phone with her, chatting about what we could do to get him out there...and GUESS WHAT!!

I am now going to be printing out one page Ron Paul stuff, from his website, and she has agreed to leave one in each mail box she delivers to.

Not only that but she also has some friends she works with who will be doing the same thing, routes all over the place!!!

I suggest, that if you know your mail person, to see if you can pull this off to.

BUT make sure you trust them immensely. I have known my mail woman for years.

celticsman7
12-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I thought this was illegal?

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-21-2007, 09:50 PM
I thought this was illegal?

It is if there isn't postage on it.

12-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Confessed Revolutionary.
Personal record to date: 171 Huckabee, Romney, Clinton supporters converted to the Ron Paul Revolution.

Slightly off-topic question about your signature: Did you really convert 171 Huck/Rom/Clint supporters to Ron Paul? If so, what standard did you use for "conversion"? And finally, how the hell did you do it? Lol.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I would be very cautious with regards to the legality of what you propose. I think the idea is fantastic though and would suggest that you have the mail carriers help you with getting a bulk mailing permit so you can save some money and then start a chip-in to pay the bill. Please keep this thread updated if that is the route you choose to take and if you do than I would love to "chip-in" to get the job done.

Matthew Zak
12-21-2007, 09:52 PM
It is if there isn't postage on it.

300 slim jims + 300 postage stamps + 300 addresses = why didn't I think of this before.

HELLLOOOO PHONE BOOOK!

Artsy74
12-21-2007, 09:53 PM
She never said anything about that.

I would probably get into trouble and have to pay postage back if found out, but that's it.

Anyway don't do it if you don't like it. Just thought I would mention my little victory, and mass mailings.

Carole
12-21-2007, 09:53 PM
I believe this is illegal. Please check it out before you do anything.

Artsy74
12-21-2007, 09:55 PM
I posted my convert method in another topic, let me see if I can find again, so I don't have to rewrite it.

12-21-2007, 09:55 PM
300 slim jims + 300 postage stamps + 300 addresses = why didn't I think of this before.

HELLLOOOO PHONE BOOOK!

$12.00 (plus s&h) for 300 slim jims + $123 for 300 postage stamps + probably $0 for 300 addresses = how do you afford to toss that kind of money around on one project? Maybe it's just 'cause I'm a poor college student, but damn.

12-21-2007, 09:56 PM
She never said anything about that.

I would probably get into trouble and have to pay postage back if found out, but that's it.

Anyway don't do it if you don't like it. Just thought I would mention my little victory, and mass mailings.

Not so much a "don't do it if you don't like it" issue as it is a "it would reflect poorly on the RP campaign and probably get picked up and overblown by the media if found out about" issue.

Carole
Yeah, I think the item would have to have a cancelled stamp which only post office can cancel.

You could cost the friend his/her job as well as get yourself in trouble.

robert4rp08
Stamps get expensive. What if she left the RP literature on the door step, or in the newspaper box, etc?

bbachtung
12-21-2007, 09:57 PM
The mail carrier needs to be careful because of the Hatch Act, which prohibits federal employees from politicking while on the job (and, in some cases, off the job).

12-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Stamps get expensive. What if she left the RP literature on the door step, or in the newspaper box, etc?

Door step is probably a better idea.

asmartchimp
12-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Put the slimjims inside newspaper boxes instead of mailing them

sirachman
12-21-2007, 10:08 PM
$12.00 (plus s&h) for 300 slim jims + $123 for 300 postage stamps + probably $0 for 300 addresses = how do you afford to toss that kind of money around on one project? Maybe it's just 'cause I'm a poor college student, but damn.

Damn what i would do is what I do do and that is to drive to apartment complexes and put them in the crack of peoples door right by the door handle. Its legal and they HAVE to pick it up before they can get in their house and if they are inside it falls on the floor for them to pick up and read when they exit!

Artsy74
12-21-2007, 10:13 PM
OK, to answer the converted question. Yes I have converted 171 people that I know of, and have spoken to, to RP's side of the fence.

I did it like this....

I am a member of a lot of forums and, websites dedicated to other candidates.HOWEVER I do not use this as a way to attack, or be annoying to any of the people in them. So don't get any dumb ideas, and those of you who are thinking that, KNOW who I'm talking to.

I simply watch all the posts, and patiently wait for a member who seems *iffy* undecided, and unsure of the candit they are looking at.

Then I pm them, make a friend, and start chatting about issues. I cannot stress PM enough!!

Once the trust id there, I start to ask why they seem unsure, and have heart to hearts.

I then begin to suggest maybe they should look around, check out some other people, and list a few candits I know aren't close to what they want.

Eventually I act as if I just found this RP guy, and suggest they check him out, and ussually they do, and seemed surprised they didn't before.

This method has led to my 171. It doesn't count them converting family, friends, etc.

RULES...

I stay polite
I stay quiet about it.
I PM ONLY.
If they back away from RP, I leave them ALONE.
I do not make any posts, in any topic, in any forums, that are not my candidate...EVER!

I am also going to say, that if you want to do something like this...make sure you are RESPONSIBLE about it.

Theres nothing wrong with HELPING someone find RP, theres tons wrong with PUSHING THE ISSUE.

On another topic...I'm going to have my mail woman leave them in news boxes or front steps.

I can't get out right now as I broke my ankle, not too long ago, and it doesn't want to heal up right.
Anyway these are my creative ways of getting him out there, since I can't get out there very often, just yet.

Joe3113
12-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Great Idea.....Who cares if it's illegal!!! It's not like the postwoman is gonna get busted will she?

Artsy74
12-21-2007, 10:21 PM
You can also get the names and numbers.house addresses of last years registered republicans.

My meetup group is now mass mailing people in Iowa, and New Hampshire using this method.

Voter records are public domain, and free to use for political things.

richk
12-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Great Idea.....Who cares if it's illegal!!! It's not like the postwoman is gonna get busted will she?

FWIW I am a Mailman. It is illegal. Do not do it. And we have postal inspectors, so yes, she is putting her job at risk.

If I find flyers, etc. in mailboxes with no postage, I am supposed to round one up, report how many I noticed while doing my route, and bring it back for evidence for the purpose of charging postage, ass-chewing, etc.

To one of the previous posters, my job is to deliver mail that people have PAID to be delivered, not to distribute FREE flyers on behalf of a friend or a cause. :D

Not to mention we would not have time to go to each door and hand deliver flyers. :) Contrary to popular belief, my job is not in anyway related to Neumann's or Cliff Clevin's :D Actually it's quite rough on the body. Many aches and pains,and rarely any free time :(
Don't drink the Kool-aid, not all govt. workers are worthless. :)

You can leave flyers on the outside of boxes, etc but not INSIDE boxes. Keep in mind if it hinders me from opening the box, after I finish cursing you out that flyer is liable to end up on the ground and blowing away. I am not going to worry about a generic flyer. ( Ron Paul flyer would be an exception, though :) )

Artsy74
12-21-2007, 10:47 PM
I'll have you know that MY fliers are FAR from generic!! :D

Anyway, I will have to think of something else then.

I will not in any way cause someone to possibly lose their job, or worse.

richk
12-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I'll have you know that MY fliers are FAR from generic!! :D

Anyway, I will have to think of something else then.

I will not in any way cause someone to possibly lose their job, or worse.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but leaving them in the door frame is best.

Believe me, I would love to leave RP flyers on my routes. :(