PDA

View Full Version : How long has blimp team known about 'extension'?

Lacrosseus
12-21-2007, 07:29 PM
From the web-site:

"Great news! We've received an extension on the blimp fundraising deadline. Other progress has been made (a press release to be released soon). Look for a large helping of updates over the weekend and a push for fundraising to start shorty. The blimp will continue to fly! :)"

If they have known about it, yet kept quiet and told everyone today was the deadline -- then they have commited fraud.

It seems to me, that the blimp team is trying to play emotional mind games with supporters in order to come up with the money they need.

FreeTraveler
12-21-2007, 07:32 PM
From the web-site:

"Great news! We've received an extension on the blimp fundraising deadline. Other progress has been made (a press release to be released soon). Look for a large helping of updates over the weekend and a push for fundraising to start shorty. The blimp will continue to fly! :)"

If they have known about it, yet kept quiet and told everyone today was the deadline -- then they have commited fraud.

It seems to me, that the blimp team is trying to play emotional mind games with supporters in order to come up with the money they need.

http://texasholdemblogger.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/grinch.jpg

Don't you get tired of sucking on Lemons all the time? Put them in a pitcher, add some sugar and a little water, cool for a bit... voila, delicious lemonade!!!

Scott
12-21-2007, 07:37 PM
From the web-site:

The money "they" need? Isn't that the money "we" need to keep the blimp up FOR RON PAUL? For this movement? What's with all the animosity toward a few people who have given quite a bit?

srsly. How useless.

bucfish
12-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Let's make it happen Save the Blimp Please we have a rare opportunity we must unite stop the infighting and answer the call!!!

Have Faith in the Blimp Team I know I do for some strange reason!!!

IChooseLiberty
12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Does it really matter how long they knew? Let's keep it positive people!

Lacrosseus
12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Let's make it happen Save the Blimp Please we have a rare opportunity we must unite stop the infighting and answer the call!!!

Have Faith in the Blimp Team I know I do for some strange reason!!!

seapilot
12-21-2007, 07:46 PM
The show will go on! Got my moneys worth just reading what some people vent frustration at the blimp management as if they were as bad as the lifesucking IRS or something. Hope they never have anything too real to get angry about such as Big Govt stealing our liberties and wealth every day more and more.

Blimp part 3 to be continued.....Flight of the Pheonix it comes back from the ashes, yet to the dismay of the blimp detractors must run out and spend hundreds of dollars on medications such as antidepressants, asprin and strong caffinated drinks in order to vent some more.

Exponent
12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
There is a sucker born every minute.... and you sheep just covered the last three.
If there was an extension, then it was only due to the niceness of the blimp owner. The blimp organizers should not be encouraging people to take advantage of the owner's exceptional graciousness in this whole affair by letting people think they can take their time. This guy is taking some serious risk here with his blimp, and he keeps proving the quality of his character. And you want to raise a fuss because the organizers didn't announce to everyone that they can relax and not worry about sending in money? Geez, have a bit of gratitude.

FreeTraveler
12-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Th...e.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=62565

RonPaulFanInGA
12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
What is so hard about not donating to the blimp if you don't like it or the people running it? What purpose do threads like this serve?

Some people just love to whine, bi**h and complain.

Lacrosseus
12-21-2007, 08:47 PM
What is so hard about not donating to the blimp if you don't like it or the people running it? What purpose do threads like this serve?

And what is so hard about you donating your money to the blimp, if you want to, and allowing me the freedom to speak my mind if I so chose? find one of Tarzan's posts on how to ignore others posts and put me on ignore -- I prefer to deal with more intelligent people anyway.

And none of your reverse bitching changes the fact -- that if they knew earlier than posted, that there would be an extension, and they just played everyone on this forum for a fool by allowing the 'emergency money bomb' crap to play out all day so they could add money to their account -- that is unethical and immoral and I have a right to point that out.

cero
12-21-2007, 08:51 PM
From the web-site:

God Damn man don't troll please

kaleidoscope eyes
12-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Does it really matter how long they knew? Let's keep it positive people!
Completely, I call a serious BS flag on all these negative nonconstructive threads. I love the blimp project but it is getting depressing to come and wade through some of the stank nasty attitude wafting around here. It takes a LOT to get me fuming mind you. (breathe in, breathe out) But, I refuse to be brought down by these people, they can call me a sheep, or whatever all they like, it doesn't bother me. I definitley believe what you send out to the universe you get back 3 fold. I hope those trying to bring us down have their waders on, cuz their world is gonna be knee high in crap.
rant over, that is all.

FreeTraveler
12-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Completely, I call a serious BS flag on all these negative nonconstructive threads. I love the blimp project but it is getting depressing to come and wade through some of the stank nasty attitude wafting around here. It takes a LOT to get me fuming mind you. (breathe in, breathe out) But, I refuse to be brought down by these people, they can call me a sheep, or whatever all they like, it doesn't bother me. I definitley believe what you send out to the universe you get back 3 fold. I hope those trying to bring us down have there waders on, cuz their world is gonna be knee high in crap.
rant over, that is all.

The Ignore feature has made my recent Forum experience 1000% better, with only 9 people ignored.

kaleidoscope eyes
12-21-2007, 09:25 PM
The Ignore feature has made my recent Forum experience 1000% better, with only 9 people ignored.

yeah, I know.... but I'm TRYING to be open and not censor my experience here too much. It's why I came to the message of RP. But DAY-UM! I'm getting an itchy ignore trigger finger lately. lol (breathe in breathe out) :)

1913_to_2008
12-21-2007, 09:25 PM
If they did know earlier and didn't mention it good! They would be fools not to play along until now. They are trying to raise money and that's how it works. By them keeping their mouths' shut it gave a sense of urgency, therefor we're closer to the goal.

Any business or sales person would agree.

Mckarnin
12-21-2007, 09:27 PM
From the web-site:

The extension was negotiated this afternoon (Friday 12/21). Before then all we knew is that the owner has been generous and understanding thorughout this process and we hoped that he would continue to be so.

shadow26
12-21-2007, 09:31 PM
The extension was negotiated this afternoon (Friday 12/21). Before then all we knew is that the owner has been generous and understanding thorughout this process and we hoped that he would continue to be so.

...and I believe that if lines of communication are kept open a little more effectively (blog and today's YouTube announcement from Elijah); many of Ron Paul's supporters will reciprocate that generosity.

kaleidoscope eyes
12-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Please tell the owner how grateful we all are! I wish I was in a position to help other than my little purchases and my blimp cheerleading. lol

Perhaps when this project is done, (and I hope that's far down the road) we could come together and do something nice for the people who've helped us make this real. That'd be cool.
Keep up the good work, let them know there IS still love for the blimp around here! :)

therealjjj77
12-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Have they made mistakes? Yes, they are young. You've made your share of mistakes too.
But look at how much they have gotten done and how much time and energy they have put into this.
Can you blame them for their passion to win back our country?

They will make mistakes, as we all do. Let's keep in mind that they aren't doing this for themselves. They are doing this for our country's future.

Let's give a round of applause for some real patriots at work. They need a pat on the back. Not a knife.

hechacker1
12-21-2007, 11:22 PM

Yes, excellent point. I hope the best for the blimp project, but it would seem people have already voted with their wallet with respect to the original deadline.