PDA

View Full Version : Cooter luvs John Edwards LOL

kaleidoscope eyes
12-21-2007, 07:27 PM
I got this letter from the Edwards Campaign today (yes, okay okay! before I found Ron Paul I was kicking around the idea that Edwards or Obama would be good presidents. FORGIVE me PLEASE!) Anyhoo.... If I was still a supporter of Edwards, I think this letter would not inspire me so much, but, you decide, lol.

Please to enjoy:

Dear Beth,

As fellow rural Americans, I am sure you have gotten to the point I'm at. You're totally fed up. Rural America has become "Forgotten America". The corporate greed at the wheel in Washington is taking away our jobs and our health care like nothing any of us has ever seen.

And there is the worst atrocity that could ever be committed on any people: this corporate greed has taken the "American Dream" from our rural children. Our kids are being forced to leave our families and the rural lifestyle they cherish because the greedy have now taken over our beloved America. We've all seen and witnessed this devastation of rural America, and we must band together and fight these guys with all our hearts, minds, and souls.

I am with John Edwards with every bit of fight I can muster because of what John told me last year when I joined his campaign. I'll never forget it. John said, "Mudcat, enough is enough."

Recently, my longtime pal, Ben Jones -- you probably know him as "Cooter" Davenport from the "The Dukes of Hazzard" and as a U.S. Congressman -- made a video with me and John's dad and mom, Wallace and Bobbie Edwards. It's about who John Edwards is and the simple country roots and values he shares with us.

As Cooter says in the video, "John Edwards hasn't gotten above his raising." The video is not only a promise from John that he is going to get after these people who have slapped us around, but also a promise directly from real country people who know him the best.

Click here to watch the video.

As rural Americans, we must band together, close our ranks, and make absolutely sure John not only wins in Iowa and New Hampshire, and other key early states like South Carolina, but all across America. John's Rural Recovery Act, the most comprehensive rural revitalization package since FDR's "New Deal," gives us a fighting chance to knock back all this greed.

There are just 13 days left until the battle for our people and our kids begins in Iowa. As many of us across rural America are rushing to the sound of the guns, you can go with us in spirit by helping provide the funding for our efforts in the rural areas.

I'm asking -- no, I'm begging -- that you send whatever money you can spare for our efforts in rural America.

Click here to watch the video

Remember -- John Edwards is of our rural culture, understands our culture, has witnessed our decline first-hand, and is ready to get after the greedy who have taken so much from us. Most importantly, remember John is totally fed up, too.

Sincerely,

--Dave "Mudcat" Saunders
Senior Advisor & Rural Liaison, John Edwards for President
December 21, 2007