PDA

View Full Version : A Reporter w/ a few questions....

Myerz
12-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I read this article
http://www.aikenstandard.com/2007redesign/news/290572708960974.php

I then emailed the writer of the article and mentioned to him kindly, thanked him for the article and noted that there was a difference between isolation and non-intervention...he responded with a list of questions
Here they are:

Name:
City, State:

How did you come across the article in the Standard?

Was it the print, online or an email version? RonPaulForums.com

Did you send or forward it on to any other supporters? If so, did you
attach a note about the mistake? Everyone knows, and everyone knows about the mistake. It's always made (isolationist vs. non-intervention) BIG DIFFERENCE!

How many articles concerning Ron Paul do you read a day?

What percentage do you feel contain mistakes/misinformation/etc.?

How many do you respond to (either by posting a comment or e-mailing the author)?

How many reporters reply?

How do you feel Ron Paul has been portrayed in the media?

Why do you think this is?

How often have you interacted with actual Paul campaign staff?

How often do you interact with other Paul supporters?

Is it normally in person or online?

What political candidate in recent history (say last three decades or so) does Ron Paul remind you of?

What about his campaign itself?

How much money have you donated to Paul's campaign?

How much money have you spent on the campaign yourself (buying signs, etc)?

Is this more or less than you have spent during previous campaigns?

List your top three campaign issues in this election.

Finish this statement. In order for Ron Paul's campaign to be a
success, it will need to:

Email him with your answers........

jvoorhees@aikenstandard.com

shasshas
12-21-2007, 07:18 PM
dont't do the lareporters dirty work for him

if he wants to ask so many and detailed questions get him to get a panel of MSM jourmalists and meet the supporters in a conference.

Spike Kojima
12-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Bump... I thinks its a good idea to reply if you have the time...

Bob Spruill
12-21-2007, 07:26 PM
You are a human being, the reporter is not even pretending to be a human.

He is openly and honestly attacking you from a position of authority.

Pay him no more attention, he is worthless.

Jobarra
12-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Sounds like honest questions to me. Not sure what other questions could be asked if he is trying to understand the people who support Dr. Paul.

cicatrice
12-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't sense anything "wrong" with this. He's just trying to be objective.

Bob Spruill
12-21-2007, 07:33 PM
if he is trying to understand the people who support Dr. Paul.

Spend a few hours answering the questions. It's just a few hours.

edit---------------------

But if all he sent you was this list of questions, I would demand a DNA sample to ensure that he was not reptillian NWO agent from the planet X.

Kidding, but he seems to be in your face with that.

I would feel like a wimp just replying meekly.

Melissa
12-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Spend a few hours answering the questions. It's just a few hours.

I would first right him back asking what the questions are for or why is he asking and tell him if he writes you back you will take the time to write him (if you were going to do that) I just can't tell from the questions if it would be positive -negative- or real unbiased journalism --your call

Myerz
12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
There was more to this email.....I just cut-n-pasted the questions. Of course, I am going to respond. He wrote a fair article and if I run with some of the attitudes in this forum he would have nothing nice to say about his supporters.

You get more with honey than you do with vinegar.......understand?

Myerz
12-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Here's the rest......

Thank you all for taking the time to e-mail concerning my "isolationism vs non-intervention" mistake. (Extra thanks to the the majority of you who remained cordial/forgiving in your communications).

I certainly apologize, please believe me when I tell you it was an accidental oversight that occurred on deadline and nothing more. Rest assured that, at the least, there will be a correction in tomorrow's newspaper.

I went to bed last night fearing that I might have made a small oversight somewhere in regards to Congressman Paul's positions (which, admittedly, I am still learning about), and I was confident if that was the case my inbox would reflect it in the morning. I am certainly impressed by your quick responses.

When my editor returns from a meeting, I will be pitching a story concerning my mistake and all of your responses. If any of you are game, please let me know and I will e-mail you a list of questions for the article. (You are welcome to call me at the office 803-644-2390, but in reality I think e-mail would be more fitting given the nature of the topic.)

Thanks again,

Josh Voorhees

Melissa
12-21-2007, 07:49 PM
That is great then I saw that my local tv station did not air Dr. Paul's xmas add but they did every other candidate so I emailed them this

I noticed that you played Presidential candidates Christmas Ads except Ron Paul. I am really interested in this candidate please air more about him.

Melissa

I agree about the being polite part we have to be or just makes us look silly I just did not understand the context of the questions

Bob Spruill
12-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Here's the rest......

That changes everything. Good grief. The guy sounds ok when you put it in context.

me3
12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Very important for supporters to reply to this, so that they can publish an article with solid grassroots supplied content.

Myerz
12-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Very important for supporters to reply to this, so that they can publish an article with solid grassroots supplied content.

Thank you....

Just 10 minutes is all it should take....We know why we love Ron Paul...no thinking involved....straight from the heart!