PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussaen Nat'l: Paul at 6%, NO ONE reaches 20%

Micahyah
12-21-2007, 06:52 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Huckabee 19%
Giuliani 16%
John McCain 15%
Mitt Romney 15%
Fred Thompson 11%
Ron Paul 6%

I think it's great for us that for the first time ever, no candidate has over 20% support. I would love for everyone including Paul to be in the 10-19% range going into the first primaries.

InRonWeTrust
12-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Fred might drop out pretty soon, to avoid humiliation.

PrismPaul
12-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Again, "likely republican primary voters", which probably means people who got out an voted for Bush last time, which probably means die-hard neo-cons. I think 6% among that group is huge - it's probably Paul's weakest demographic :)

Ron LOL
12-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Hell. Yes.

We can really do this, people. I think it's actually going to happen.

I'm going out canvassing tonight. What are you doing this evening for Ron Paul?

Jobarra
12-21-2007, 06:59 PM
That's bad. We want as many neocons as possible in the first states. That can ONLY be good for Dr. Paul.

ronpaulyourmom

None of the top six in this race will drop out until after Nevada/SC.

nist7
Our numbers in the national polls will not rise significantly.....the neocon core will not budge easily.

This is both good and bad:

Good....because the neocons will be split, allowing Ron Paul to place higher with lesser votes

Bad....because their campaign and supporters will gain strength in an attempt to push their candidate to the top

I Am Weasel
12-21-2007, 07:02 PM

Of course, if there are Fred forums, they are probably saying the same thing about us, and we're at almost half his polling.

jasonoliver
12-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Again, "likely republican primary voters", which probably means people who got out an voted for Bush last time, which probably means die-hard neo-cons. I think 6% among that group is huge - it's probably Paul's weakest demographic :)

These people who supported Bush aren't necessarily neo-con's. They are partisans, and support him because he is a Republican.

Remember Bush ran on a "humble foreign policy" and so forth in 2000? These people formed their opinions on the so called "War on Terror" because their man Bush was in office at the time, had it been a Democrat, things would be different.

Micahyah
12-21-2007, 07:08 PM
yeah running around the world nation buliding was a BAD thing according to Bush in 2000.

Now that the 9/11 fog is starting to wear off, voters will remember that it IS a bad thing, usually a huge waste of money with all sorts of unintended consequences.

Joe3113
12-21-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah running around the world nation buliding was a BAD thing according to Bush in 2000.

Now that the 9/11 fog is starting to wear off, voters will remember that it IS a bad thing, usually a huge waste of money with all sorts of unintended consequences.

Until those awful 'muslim' terrorists pull another 9/11 at just the right time. Sorry just had to :P

Matthew Zak
12-21-2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Huckabee 19%
Giuliani 16%
John McCain 15%
Mitt Romney 15%
Fred Thompson 11%
Ron Paul 6%

I think it's great for us that for the first time ever, no candidate has over 20% support. I would love for everyone including Paul to be in the 10-19% range going into the first primaries.

Also, those numbers only add up to 82%, so there's 18% of undecided in that poll. If Ron's support only increases by 2% taking unregistered voters into account, and a handful of those undecided voters sway our way, Ron's easily in double digits.