PDA

View Full Version : That Hostile Takeover Stunt We Pulled...

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM
There were a lot of members who basically showed up and spammed a website called conservativeunderground when it was posted that an admin was a RP supporter.

I understand you guys love ron paul, and I know everybody here wants him to win. But its not OK to just assert yourself upon people, this is a growing problem with the grassroots right now.

Just because somebody may be an apathetic american or not support RP doesnt mean they are idiots or "contributory to the problem." Understand that its IMPOSSIBLE to get everyone to support RP, not everybody agrees hes best for america. Thats OK guys, thats what makes the country what it is.

I beg you guys to stop pushing RP down peoples throats, its OK to campaign and rally... thats the nature of elections and i know you guys are excited. But please. Stop the madness, its hurting more than helping.

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM
yargh wrong forum sorry.

chinaCat
12-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I agree

ronpaulitician
12-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Strongly agree.

Be embassadors, not pests.

walt
12-21-2007, 05:39 PM
troll spray

fortilite
12-21-2007, 05:40 PM
troll spray

Why? He makes a good point.

Jobarra
12-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I think 99% of this forum agrees in being diplomats, so you may want to rephrase your "That Hostile takeover that WE pulled..." I don't think any forum member would phrase going and taking a look at another forum as a 'HOSTILE TAKEOVER'. Seeing how new you are to the forums(Just joined and with 5 posts at this time), it almost makes me think you are coming from that forum to smear our names. I looked at the posts, but as with many posts I look at on other sites, I didn't sign up just to get into the fray. So quit this "WE" misnomer.

Cleaner44
12-21-2007, 05:43 PM
"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
- Anonymous (sometimes mis-attributed to Barry Goldwater)

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
-Barry Goldwater at the 1964 Republican National Convention at San Francisco, California

P.S. I did not post at that site.

tmg19103
12-21-2007, 05:44 PM
I agree and I am a humble supporter of RP, but the OP ain't gonna change anything.

All I ask for for any individuals who have automated calls going into NH to stop. The campaign is also doing this and too many calls hurts us.

praxisseizure
12-21-2007, 05:46 PM
troll spray

Could you please give up on it? These people are not trolls. It's like the argument RP has with the US occupying other countries and the blowback result. Taking over other forums is the same concept on a smaller scale.

You'd be screaming troll if RPF were invaded. Well what if the invasion never let up, and RPF eventually had to block/remove half the people or even move away from the incessant arguing and set up a new forum.

See where I'm going with this?

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 05:47 PM
I think 99% of this forum agrees in being diplomats, so you may want to rephrase your "That Hostile takeover that WE pulled..." I don't think any forum member would phrase going and taking a look at another forum as a 'HOSTILE TAKEOVER'. Seeing how new you are to the forums(Just joined and with 5 posts at this time), it almost makes me think you are coming from that forum to smear our names. I looked at the posts, but as with many posts I look at on other sites, I didn't sign up just to get into the fray. So quit this "WE" misnomer.

Very true. That was a poor choice of words by me, but whether we (and I mean it this time) like it or not... the actions of a few can reflect poorly upon everybody. The Glenn Beck fiasco, that (maybe not so real) letter from people waiting in Santa lines in NH and now this.

Think before you do guys, if you really find it in the best interests of the campaign to say and do something then by all means. But just think of the ramifications, you let down everyone else when you go and make an ass of yourself in the name of the campaign. Its irresponsible.

OptionsTrader
12-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Do not use "WE" in thread titles when you are not speaking for the vast majority of us.

Most people here advised not to go off and interject. Saying "WE" in threads like this is annoying.

steph3n
12-21-2007, 05:49 PM
It is good advice, I gave it at least 5 times in THAT THREAD along with others but we have some obnoxious brats that do whatever they please to RP's detriment

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Could you please give up on it? These people are not trolls. It's like the argument RP has with the US occupying other countries and the blowback result. Taking over other forums is the same concept on a smaller scale.

You'd be screaming troll if RPF were invaded. Well what if the invasion never let up, and RPF eventually had to block/remove half the people or even move away from the incessant arguing and set up a new forum.

See where I'm going with this?
lol. something the irony is so thick I have to get through it with a snowplow.

Remember what RP, the constitution... even the entire concept of democracy and america stands around. people of different thoughts and beliefs should be welcomed, dissention brings change and change brings progress.

unite under RP as supporters of a cause. that is truely an american concept, but dont alienate others by becoming borderline militant. there's a line, and sometimes some of us cross it.

Jobarra
12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I agree it's good advice. I was just taking issue with the 'WE' inclusion.

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I agree it's good advice. I was just taking issue with the 'WE' inclusion.

I know. In retrospect it was a poor choice of words, I'm going to edit it.

jonahtrainer
12-21-2007, 05:53 PM
I beg you guys to stop pushing RP down peoples throats, its OK to campaign and rally... thats the nature of elections and i know you guys are excited. But please. Stop the madness, its hurting more than helping.

If RP is pushed down anyone's throat it is usually done only in a peaceful and non-violent way.

In response to people who oppose hearing about RP I say "Well, get your agent, the government which uses extreme violence, out of my life and out of my wallet. You are the one using force and violence to advocate your agenda through the State!"

peznex
Spam polls, not people.

pcosmar
Very true. That was a poor choice of words by me, but whether we (and I mean it this time) like it or not... the actions of a few can reflect poorly upon everybody. The Glenn Beck fiasco, that (maybe not so real) letter from people waiting in Santa lines in NH and now this.

Think before you do guys, if you really find it in the best interests of the campaign to say and do something then by all means. But just think of the ramifications, you let down everyone else when you go and make an ass of yourself in the name of the campaign. Its irresponsible.

Quit accusing ME of things I didn't do.

If you have any proof of any one in particular then say so.
IF NOT STFU.

Jobarra
12-21-2007, 05:54 PM
I know. In retrospect it was a poor choice of words, I'm going to edit it.
Thank you.

Joe3113
12-21-2007, 05:54 PM
"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
-Barry Goldwater at the 1964 Republican National Convention at San Francisco, California

P.S. I did not post at that site.

I agree with this.

literatim
12-21-2007, 05:55 PM
For one UC is open to any conservatives that wish to talk. Second, all the neocons on there use foul language and insult us like no tomorrow. I see no problem with us moving in there.

LibertyEagle
12-21-2007, 05:56 PM

No, it is not anonymous at all and it was not "misattributed to Barry Goldwater". Those WERE his words. And he wasn't talking about cramming viewpoints down your countrymen's throats. First of all, it doesn't work. It does exactly the opposite of what is intended. It runs most people off.

FrankRep
12-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Blowback in action.

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 05:57 PM
For one UC is open to any conservatives that wish to talk. Second, all the neocons on there use foul language and insult us like no tomorrow. I see no problem with us moving in there.

Its not ours and theyve made it clear they dont want us. a number of people have said theyve completely ruled out RP for the priamries. if you're a selfish enough person not to respect other people's property then at least understand the ramifications it brings us.

LibertyEagle
12-21-2007, 05:58 PM
troll spray

Wow. That's rude, Walt. :(

RoamZero
I think the idea of an anti-war republican is a pretty tough pill to swallow, and it makes sense that those that have dug their heels on the issue would be pretty bigoted at the slight hint of Ron Paul support. It's sad that honest attempts at debate are constantly labeled as trolling. I guess people break down pretty easily when the issues they take on are put to the test.

ghemminger

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum/index.php

I was totlaly polite 1st day and they were like F-this and F-U and like 30 differnet attacks and cuss words - I told a few of them they were they were rude

Actually 5-6 assholes over there think it's there special club but most are cool to talk about RP - Gator the admin, wants more memebership and he is cool with cool Ron Paul supporters

mavtek
Well if we know they are going to support our guy I say we keep em angry like little buzzing bee hawks while we go and get more actual votes and they still have no clue who they are voting for.

steph3n

you also have no problem making fool out of all of us with your stupidity, just go check the posts, TERRIBLE.

No substance all one liner zingers, sig lines saying "die soldiers die" what BUFFOONERY!

jonahtrainer
The Glenn Beck fiasco, that (maybe not so real) letter from people waiting in Santa lines in NH and now this.

I really wish Dr. Paul had answered Mr. Beck's question like this "My political philosophy is one of change through peace and non-violence like Ghandi. To use violence or the threat of violence in the way you have described Mr. Beck is against that philosophy. The person's behavior you reference is much more consistent with the political philosophy of many of my opponents who endorse preemptive war. Perhaps he is really a supporter of them who desires to deceitfully tarnish my image by associating himself with me. Why believe him?"

LibertyEagle
12-21-2007, 05:59 PM

For what purpose? What is it going to achieve? Besides wasting our time and making us look bad.

steph3n
12-21-2007, 05:59 PM

I was totlaly polite 1st day and they were like F-this and F-U and like 30 differnet attacks and cuss words - I told a few of them they were they were rude

Actually 5-6 assholes over there think it's there special club but most are cool to talk about RP - Gator the admin, wants more memebership and he is cool with cool Ron Paul supporters

George you feel your butt kissin is doing any good either? no it isn't

Ron LOL
12-21-2007, 06:01 PM
While we're on the subject, could we PUH-LEASE stop calling people fucking traitors for disagreeing? For crying out loud, that doesn't help our movement at all.

ghemminger
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
George you feel your butt kissin is doing any good either? no it isn't

Exuse me who spit in your bean curd - I was just trying to join a conservative site and I was attacked like NO TOMMORROW - is it your turn now too?

Adamsa
12-21-2007, 06:03 PM
troll spray

You are a very unhappy person.

steph3n
12-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Exuse me who spit in your bean curd - I was just trying to join a conservative site and I was attacked like NO TOMMORROW - is it your turn now too?

right you dind't follow advice not to go there you too it upon yourself to make asses out of us if the first 5 hadn't done enough it made us look like further pandering dolts. That whole situation was screwed up, if you want to see more details on it check here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59796

torchbearer
12-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Quit accusing ME of things I didn't do.

If you have any proof of any one in particular then say so.
IF NOT STFU.

thread winner. +23 internets awarded.

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Well I tried to edit the title... IMO its a bit of an overreaction when people freak out over me calling us we.

ghemminger
12-21-2007, 06:09 PM
right you dind't follow advice not to go there you too it upon yourself to make asses out of us if the first 5 hadn't done enough it made us look like further pandering dolts. That whole situation was screwed up, if you want to see more details on it check here:

Steph I don't take orders from YOU - Please go to your local Meetup if you feel the need to be domineering!

conner_condor
12-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow. That's rude, Walt. :(

He could of used pepper spray or tazered him instead.:D:D

PimpBlimp
12-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Agreed, if your going to try to spread the message on another forum try to do so subtly so as not to disturb them.

That is if you really want a chance at winning.

steph3n
12-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Steph I don't take orders from YOU - Please go to your local Meetup if you feel the need to be domineering!

george, I don't care who you take orders from, but your actions and the actions of others DO NOT HELP. If you like hurting ron paul, keep up the great work!

krott5333
12-21-2007, 06:12 PM
i cant believe people actually did that.

thats the problem with a lot of young supporters I guess..some of you need to grow up

LibertyEagle
12-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Agreed, if your going to try to spread the message on another forum try to do so subtly so as not to disturb them.

That is if you really want a chance at winning.

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 08:05 PM
i cant believe people actually did that.

thats the problem with a lot of young supporters I guess..some of you need to grow up

True.

fletcher
12-22-2007, 11:17 PM

If I had known people like you were going to spam the hell out of their forum I would have never posted the link. You made me embarrassed to be a Paul supporter. Some people have no common sense.

BadCat
12-23-2007, 10:58 AM

This board seems to tolerate these untruths a lot more than we do at CU.
This guy, who came over in what we are now calling the "idiot wave", signed up as RPRadio.

As soon as he was able (10 posts) he started a RON PAUL thread in virtually every forum we have, many of which are not dedicated to political discussion.

Then, let's see the post that finally got him kicked off of CU...

12-21-2007 , 03:07 PM

All I have to sane is that you are seriously paranoid BadCat - This forum isn't your personal terrain anymore and we need the room to expand - so if you don't like what I say "please back the fuck up!"

And you wonder why you're getting a hostile reception?

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Ghemminger,

PLEASE do not go over to Townhall and pull the same kind of crap. I gave you the link and I will not be a happy camper, if you go over and destroy what some of us worked so hard to do over there.

Myerz
12-23-2007, 11:11 AM
You get more with honey than you do with vinegar!

yongrel
12-23-2007, 11:15 AM
The important thing to remember is this:

The vast and overwhelming majority of Ron Paul's supporters are polite, respectful, courteous, diplomatic, and intelligent. It's the vocal minority that gives us a bad name by spamming forums, behaving like 13-year-olds, and being generally hostile.

Dan Klaus
12-23-2007, 11:19 AM
I hereby declare that I did not post at the conservativewhatever forum..

Now, where is Chris Crocker when we need him? "Leave Ghemmiger Alooooooone!!"

Kingfisher
12-23-2007, 11:20 AM
The important thing to remember is this:

The vast and overwhelming majority of Ron Paul's supporters are polite, respectful, courteous, diplomatic, and intelligent. It's the vocal minority that gives us a bad name by spamming forums, behaving like 13-year-olds, and being generally hostile.

Very True. And this is the 1% theMSM loves to report on.

literatim
12-23-2007, 11:21 AM
There was zero spamming of forums. I was reading all the posts. The Ron Paul supporters went in being polite. It was the CUers that were rude and cursed in every single post.

Pauliana
12-23-2007, 11:24 AM
I thought most websites liked increased traffic and hits. When they get more attention, they can charge more for advertising.

*shrugs*

Fact is, the whole GOP establishment has shrunk so much that the brand is ripe for takeover and rebranding.

I don't think we're so much pesky as we are a real threat to the status quo that is just fine for the navel-gazers in power who benefit. I know they wish we'd just go away, but we're here to stay. Deal with it.

But there is NO reason for us to have anything but a polite smile on our faces throughout the whole process.

Bryan
12-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Just wanted to remind everyone of our forum policy, "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all forums; entangling alliances with none." No forum wars please. :)

Dan Klaus
12-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Just wanted to remind everyone of our forum policy, "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all forums; entangling alliances with none." No forum wars please.

Amen to that! LOL...

RPatTheBeach
12-23-2007, 11:36 AM
We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it. ... says our beloved late friend Thomas Jefferson.

Corydoras
12-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Gator the admin, wants more memebership and he is cool with cool Ron Paul supporters

No, Gator was VERY unhappy.

jjschless
12-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Well I tried to edit the title... IMO its a bit of an overreaction when people freak out over me calling us we.

A new member creates a an overly dramatic and accusatory thread and then accuses people of freaking out. Irony?

fletcher
12-23-2007, 11:59 AM
There was zero spamming of forums. I was reading all the posts. The Ron Paul supporters went in being polite. It was the CUers that were rude and cursed in every single post.

What the hell are you talking about? It was all spam and trolling. If you are one of the idiots that signed up please stop posting. You are only doing damage.

Shellshock1918
12-23-2007, 12:01 PM
troll spray

I agree with him. I think we are all frustrated at the media's lack of coverage of him and we want to get his name out so bad.

RlxdN10sity
12-23-2007, 12:10 PM
What we have here is a misunderstanding of tact. In order to convert supporters of one line of thinking to another you must only be a catalyst for a thought process that will lead them to convert themselves. It is called the powerful art of gentle persuasion, not the gentle art of powerful persuasion. When you attack others thoughts on the subject at hand, conclusions that they have come to based on the best information they have and/or are willing to aquire, many will receive this criticism as an assault on their own intelligence, and in order to save face, will only dig deeper to justify their positions and will likely respond in a manner that is less than friendly.

bucfish
12-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Yes take the higher ground remember we do not advacant use of force!!!

Paulitician
12-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Ron Paul supporters should just let things be. It's pretty common sense not to join forums just show your support for Ron Paul or his supporters. Polite or not, it is seen as spam, a waste of space...

angelatc
12-23-2007, 01:02 PM
It is good advice, I gave it at least 5 times in THAT THREAD along with others but we have some obnoxious brats that do whatever they please to RP's detriment

I was reading the threads, and I had to seriously refrain from joining the discussion about Key Lime pie.

angelatc
12-23-2007, 01:05 PM
What we have here is a misunderstanding of tact. In order to convert supporters of one line of thinking to another you must only be a catalyst for a thought process that will lead them to convert themselves. It is called the powerful art of gentle persuasion, not the gentle art of powerful persuasion. When you attack others thoughts on the subject at hand, conclusions that they have come to based on the best information they have and/or are willing to aquire, many will receive this criticism as an assault on their own intelligence, and in order to save face, will only dig deeper to justify their positions and will likely respond in a manner that is less than friendly.

Yes, and the mod there had the benefit of an existing relationship with the other forum members. There's no reason to be surprised that when a new group of people automatically show up and start posting frantically that the entire conversation will be derailed.