PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me???

Think12345
12-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Do you understand what's going to happen if we don't raise enough money for the Blimp??

Can you imagine smug faces of MSM talking heads? "Ron Paul's grassroots run out of money", "as predicted, Blimp was a failure", etc, etc, etc... Is that what you want to hear? That's all they are going to talk about!

And who is going to work on other grassroots projects, knowing that we might not fulfill the pledges and fund them?

The Blimp is not just a flying billboard. It is the symbol of this movement. If we let it down, everybody will see us as just a bunch of overzealous bloggers.

PLEASE join me in buyng 5 minutes of advertising right now.
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

ThomasJ
12-21-2007, 05:41 PM
If the blimp can make it to jan. I can buy some more ad time but as it stands right now I am dirt poor.
There is probably alot of other people out there with the same problem. Right now is a bad time of the year for money especially if there is a recession going on at the same time.

Myerz
12-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Do you understand what's going to happen if we don't raise enough money for the Blimp??

Can you imagine smug faces of MSM talking heads? "Ron Paul's grassroots run out of money", "as predicted, Blimp was a failure", etc, etc, etc... Is that what you want to hear? That's all they are going to talk about!

And who is going to work on other grassroots projects, knowing that we might not fulfill the pledges and fund them?

The Blimp is not just a flying billboard. It is the symbol of this movement. If we let it down, everybody will see us as just a bunch of overzealous bloggers.

YOU...have got to be kidding me!

Who else put a blimp up? I'm sorry the blimp does represent what this movement is all about for me.....for me it's the constitution and what this country was founded on.
The MSM already discounts us, smears us, barely recognizes us. Just wait till IOWA.....that will cost nothing but a vote.....

Don't get me wrong I like the blimp. But it's not the only thing going on here.....

Think12345
12-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't get me wrong I like the blimp. But it's not the only thing going on here.....

It is pretty much the biggest grassroots project. Money Bombs are cool, but they only require us to key in several digits in a web browser form. Blimp is the biggest of real-life projects, and best-known by people who are not involved.
Letting it down will be a big mistake.

Maverick
12-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Enough with the hand-waving freak-outery over the blimp, ok? It's great to have of course, but it's not the end-all be-all of the campaign.

Vendico
12-21-2007, 05:54 PM
can we get sponsors from business'?

BrokenSocialScene
12-21-2007, 05:54 PM
YOU...have got to be kidding me!

Who else put a blimp up? I'm sorry the blimp does represent what this movement is all about for me.....for me it's the constitution and what this country was founded on.
The MSM already discounts us, smears us, barely recognizes us. Just wait till IOWA.....that will cost nothing but a vote.....

What an amazing post (I assume you meant "the blimp DOESNT represent what this movement is...").

I thought the blimp was really cool, I get excited about the money bombs like everyone else. but arent we supposed to stand for something along the way?

Carson
12-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm really digging the blimp!

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/2118104983_67f710a5bb.jpg

nc4rp
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
more important than the blimp is getting the word out to be a delegate and get more delegates and supporters to attend your local convention (in NC its 3 months before the primary) - this is where you get your base delegates that get elected all the way up to teh State Convention (again North Carolina rules).

i think the blimp is GREAT, but without the delegates seated to get voted upon, the blimp wont make a blimp of difference in the end. (and especially Ohio where their still trying to get Dr, Paul ON THE BALLOT!)

i would donate all i could to the blimp, but i hurt myself donating on the money bombs.

Get the delegates elected past the Precinct Convention (or whatever the first stage is in your state) should be somewhat more important, after all, the Blimp is ALREADY a success. Seating delegates is an obstical yet to be overcome (except in W.V where they are kicking butt.)

InRonWeTrust
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
i gave yesterday.

rfbz
12-21-2007, 06:05 PM
1. It will not be all over the media if the blimp goes down. They barely even notice it's up.
2. It still would be good to work to keep it up.

nc4rp
12-21-2007, 06:06 PM
god bless ya InRonWeTrust

RPTXState
12-21-2007, 06:14 PM
MYTH: The Blimp is a symbol of the movement
FACT: The "Ron Paul R[evol]ution" is the only thing close to a symbol we have

MYTH: The Blimp will fail if we don't raise enough money
FACT: The Blimp crew CAN push the deadline back.

MYTH: Donating money to the blimp....
FACT: You BUY airtime. It's not a donation. The blimp is not a charity or a political campaign. It is a CORPORATION (we think :rolleyes:).

MYTH: The Blimp crew has been entirely honest, open...
FACT: Stop...just stop. Until the Blimp crew answers our questions, WE won't be filling their pockets. You work WITH us, not beside us.

With that being said, your money is your money. Buy for the blimp...or don't. My money goes directly to the campaign and to those I TRUST.

krott5333
12-21-2007, 06:16 PM

what a bunch of BS. The mainstream media isnt going to say a peep if the blimp stops flying. Obviously the thing wont fly forever. Your baseless scare tactics aren't going to prompt me to donate. :rolleyes:

That being said, I donated yesterday. :cool: