PDA

View Full Version : Putting slimjims in mailboxes, is it legal? [Admin- no, don't do it- thanks :)]

IChooseLiberty
12-21-2007, 04:51 PM
...is it legal and ok to do? I live in MD if it makes any difference.

MrCobaltBlue
12-21-2007, 04:54 PM
No its illegal.

But putting them under windshield wipers and in doorways is ok.

skeet
No do not mess with mailboxes it is a federal crime.

In screendoors, on doorknobs, tucked under a welcome mat, even in newspaper boxes, but never in a mailbox.

Could get some fines, bad publicity, or worse.

angelatc
It is technically illegal to place anything in other folks' mailboxes. You can stick it under the flag though.

AisA1787
12-21-2007, 04:56 PM
illegal, but i believe you are allowed to put non-U.S. mail items (e.g, slim jims) in the plastic newspaper boxes attached to lots of mailboxes... at least this was true 15 years ago when I was delivering newspapers :)

torchbearer
12-21-2007, 04:57 PM
put it on their door if they aren't home.

OptionsTrader
12-21-2007, 04:58 PM
No.

IChooseLiberty
12-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Awesome. Thanks all! :D

FrankRep
12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Not Legal

weatherbill
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
the law says you can;t put them in mail boxes, but you can put them on the posts or framing which is holding the mail box.....I;ve been doing mail box to mail box posts fro weeks and with running into postal clerks delivering mail and no problems......do not use the flag on the mail box either, but you can sandwich a flyer between the back of the mail box and the post. that';s fine as well.

I go mail box to mail box becasue it's so much faster than door to door and I get alot out! I usually picka quiet side street, hit the flashers and drive on the wrong side of the road, close to the curb.....it's worked for me for 3 weeks of delivering now...... of course, wehn I see a cop car once in a while, I don't do it, but it is rare where I'm at to see a cop car thru these quite neighborhoods. Make sure if you're in a republican neighborhood to have a slim jim geared towards them and another for democrat neighborhoods

jamba
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
... Make sure if you're in a republican neighborhood to have a slim jim geared towards them and another for democrat neighborhoods

How do you know whether the neighborhood tends to be rep or dem?