PDA

View Full Version : What will the spin be if Ron Paul wins Iowa?

IHaveaDream
12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Apathy? Bad Weather?

Spambots? :D

literatim
12-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Blizzard because that is what I am praying for. :D

cien750hp
12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Top story today: huckabee takes second and romney third in the iowa caucus

there are unconfirmed reports that someone may have won, however those reports cannot be verified until the republican convention.

dspectre
12-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Red Alert!! The anti-semites are voting, are you going to let this happen?!?

literatim
"Huckabee wins over Romney, Giuliani wound up last."

Richandler

there are unconfirmed reports that someone may have won, however those reports cannot be verified until the republican convention.

Actually it'll just be:

Today's Amazing story, Huckabees takes second place in the Iowa Caucus and Mitt Romeny takes third. Let's go to Michelle with the analysis.

conner_condor

:eek::D:D:D

JosephTheLibertarian
12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
there is no way to spin it. you win, you win. Ron Paul would be all over the media. If we bring in ENOUGH disenfranchised voters, we COULD pull off a win here, but it's going to be tight in Iowa.

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
"Huckabee does better than all other candidates on Elm Street!"

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

kotetu
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
check my sig.

The MSM will surely blame the north korean human cloning project for all of the paul spam-bots who went and voted.

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
there is no way to spin it. you win, you win. Ron Paul would be all over the media. If we bring in ENOUGH disenfranchised voters, we COULD pull off a win here, but it's going to be tight in Iowa.

In 1992, Tsongas won the NH primary but the media anointed Clinton "The Comeback Kid" for losing less badly than some pundits had expected, and the rest is history as Clinton (not Tsongas) prepares to re-occupy the White House for eight more years.

southerntrendkill
12-21-2007, 04:26 PM
This does not represent the majority of Republicans... Ron Paul Supporters showed up and voted for Ron Paul. It is unfair that Ron Paul has supporters... You should look at who came in second and third.

(Thats what they said at the VA Straw Poll) LOL!

JosephTheLibertarian
12-21-2007, 04:26 PM
the msm would be al over Ron Paul. Every segment would be "could he really pull it off?" then they'll bring on people to talk about it. Wolf will talk about it for 3-4 hours straight, itd be real good

JosephTheLibertarian
12-21-2007, 04:27 PM
In 1992, Tsongas won but the media anointed Clinton "The Comeback Kid" for losing less badly than some pundits had expected, and the rest is history as Clinton (not Tsongas) prepares to re-occupy the White House for eight more years.

never heard of that guy.

Ron Paul Fan
12-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Mike Huckabee loses Iowa Caucus

AP-- January 4th, 2008

Yesterday, in what can only be described as a political anomaly, Mike Huckabee was defeated in Iowa by obscure isolationist Congressman Ron Paul despite polling high in the ever accurate media polls. Supporters of the kooky Congressman from Crazytown came out of their parent's basements in mass to vote for their cult hero. These nerds, misfits, white supremacists, and non Republicans think that this minute victory will catapult their crank candidate to the Republican nomination, but as political expert George Stephanopolous told us yesterday,"That's not going to happen." But enough about the winner, let's spend the rest of the page talking about Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee who are still the frontrunners according to us sane people and most of America...

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 04:35 PM
never heard of that guy.

Exactly.

Clarification: Tsongas won the 1992 NH primary and Tom Harkin won the 1992 Iowa caucus in a landslide (Clinton got 3% in Iowa).

tomveil
12-21-2007, 04:35 PM
"Ron Paul internet geeks perfect cloning, propel him to victory."

shrapnel88
12-21-2007, 04:37 PM
they're stacking the deck! he did not win this caucus!

Adamsa
12-21-2007, 04:37 PM
It'd be a complete upset, but I don't think he can get first.

Third is very good and possible.

Bob Spruill
12-21-2007, 04:40 PM
It's already being spun.

Iowa and New Hampshire don't matter. They are just circus acts.

slantedview
12-21-2007, 04:40 PM
it won't be spambots, or weather.

instead it will be the infamous weatherbots.

hehe

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 04:43 PM
it won't be spambots, or weather.

instead it will be the infamous weatherbots.

hehe

"Global warming!"

Al Gore can prove anything about weather in his new documentary, "An Inconvenient Vote."

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Associated Press, January 3, 2008:

Voting Fraud May Have Occured, Iowa Voting Machines Blamed For "Impossible Result," Says Expert Political Analyst:

adpierce
12-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately I don't know that it is possible for Ron Paul to win Iowa or even place well unless he can get 50.1% or better to show up in the Caucuses. You see it's not enough to have the most people out of all other candidates show up. Other candidate's supporters can band together to block out another candidate who would otherwise win. We all know that Ron Paul has no love lost with his fellow neo-con compadres and if Ron Paul does have a high turnout I don't doubt this tactic will be employed. I'll give you a very generous scenario

Ron Paul 40%
Huckabee 26%
Romney 19%
Thompson 9%
Guiliani 6%

Huckabee supporters join Romney supporters ... that's 45% resulting in a delegate who will go to the convention... who will be open to voting for either huck or Romney and will exclude the option of voting for Ron Paul.

Another scenario Huckabee supporters joins with Thompson And Guiliani supporters that again is 41% ... to get a delegate who won't support Ron Paul at the convention.

Romney supporters could even join with Thompson and Guiliani to make sure not even the top two candidates win that precinct with a 44% share of the precinct vote.

These are just three scenarios where Ron Paul loses delegates. This sort of thing happens all the time at caucuses. That's how they are different from primaries. People can join together to spite a candidate... and somehow I have this feeling that there might be a lot of that going on at the caucuses that's why we need a torrent of supporters attending caucuses. We need 50.1% in any given caucus site to make sure we select the delegates.

coffeewithchess
12-21-2007, 04:51 PM
It'd be a complete upset, but I don't think he can get first.

Third is very good and possible.

I agree...I saw last night on Fox from one of their polls that it went:
Huckabee 35%
Romney 27%
Thompson 9%
Giuliani 8%
Paul 8%
McCain 6%(I think)

Highstreet
12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Apathy? Bad Weather?

They will try to say it's a fluke, but will be proven wrong by NH.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-21-2007, 04:53 PM
"Huckabee wins! Huckabee Wins!

After conceeding defeat to an unnofficial winner, Huckabee wins the hearts of the at least 18 people who came out to vote for him. Romney was a close third, and with Guilanai and McCain focussing on future primaries all eyes will be on more important states.

conner_condor
12-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Faux morning news. Those RP supporters are at it again. They just spammed the Iowa polls from their computers. They spammed the diebold machines to make it look like he has support
See, diesbold is a computer also and is the same as a computer at home and they figured out how to send waves from their computers to these diebold machines.

steph3n
12-21-2007, 04:55 PM

true I don't expect a win in Iowa but will be impressed if it happens!

itsnobody
12-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Yes Ron Paul will definitely win in Iowa

trey4sports
12-21-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree...I saw last night on Fox from one of their polls that it went:
Huckabee 35%
Romney 27%
Thompson 9%
Giuliani 8%
Paul 8%
McCain 6%(I think)

the problem occurs when you account for turnout.
RP supporters = hardcore voters
all others = lethargic fair-weather voters

NEVER stop getting votes, Iowa is crucial to eliminating the idea of RP as a fringe candidate

Taco John
12-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Apathy? Bad Weather?

There's no spin that they could possibly use. And the bandwagon effect would sweep the nation into sweet libertarian rapture...

steph3n
12-21-2007, 05:00 PM
There's no spin that they could possibly use. And the bandwagon effect would sweep the nation into sweet libertarian rapture...

I know I have seen you on TV but you are sounding like Karl Rove, except his words would be "pure libertarian hell"

Grandson of Liberty
12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
"Iowans forget to vote in caucus"

goldstandard
12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
BREAKING NEWS

(MSNBC) Romney Does Not Win Iowa

"(MSNBC) Des Moines, Iowa -- Republican Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, has lost the Iowa caucus that was held the other day.* The final results left Romney with 16 percent of the vote. Another Republican Presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee, lost with 15 percent of the vote. Giuliani lost with 6 percent of the vote.

Besides Romney and the other two, the remaining candidates within the Republican field lost as well -- all except one, whom it was that did not lose. The other candidates that lost were as follows (in order of vote percentages):

Undecided: 11%
Fred Thompson: 2%
Rudy Giuliani: 6%
Mike Huckabee: 15%
John McCain: 1%

[...]

Despite the fact that only one candidate, though not Romney, did not actually lose the straw poll, Romney's energy and passion is what Romney believes the Republican Party needs at this juncture in its history.

* At 33%, Ron Paul was the only candidate that did not lose the straw poll."

adapted from: http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s2i25867

Lord Xar
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Listen people. During the AMES straw poll, many hear thought he was gonna get at least third, and some said second, few still thought he would win. He got 5th, and people were dejected.

There will be these threads suggesting the impossible. That he would win Iowa. This will just take the wind out of our sails...

Just say top 3.

theseus51
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately I don't know that it is possible for Ron Paul to win Iowa or even place well unless he can get 50.1% or better to show up in the Caucuses. You see it's not enough to have the most people out of all other candidates show up. Other candidate's supporters can band together to block out another candidate who would otherwise win. We all know that Ron Paul has no love lost with his fellow neo-con compadres and if Ron Paul does have a high turnout I don't doubt this tactic will be employed. I'll give you a very generous scenario

Ron Paul 40%
Huckabee 26%
Romney 19%
Thompson 9%
Guiliani 6%

Huckabee supporters join Romney supporters ... that's 45% resulting in a delegate who will go to the convention... who will be open to voting for either huck or Romney and will exclude the option of voting for Ron Paul.

Another scenario Huckabee supporters joins with Thompson And Guiliani supporters that again is 41% ... to get a delegate who won't support Ron Paul at the convention.

Romney supporters could even join with Thompson and Guiliani to make sure not even the top two candidates win that precinct with a 44% share of the precinct vote.

These are just three scenarios where Ron Paul loses delegates. This sort of thing happens all the time at caucuses. That's how they are different from primaries. People can join together to spite a candidate... and somehow I have this feeling that there might be a lot of that going on at the caucuses that's why we need a torrent of supporters attending caucuses. We need 50.1% in any given caucus site to make sure we select the delegates.

You're thinking of the way the Democrats do it. The Republicans quietly show up and vote and go home in 2 minutes.

Mister Grieves
12-21-2007, 05:03 PM
They will say it just goes to show you how irrelevant Iowa is in the primaries nowadays, and go on to say the same about New Hampshire, Wyoming, Michigan, South Carolina, Nevada, etc.

steph3n
12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Listen people. During the AMES straw poll, many hear thought he was gonna get at least third, and some said second, few still thought he would win. He got 5th, and people were dejected.

There will be these threads suggesting the impossible. That he would win Iowa. This will just take the wind out of our sails...

Just say top 3.

Agreed.

beobeli
12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Just watch for vote fraud

Taco John
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I know I have seen you on TV but you are sounding like Karl Rove, except his words would be "pure libertarian hell"

hahah!

The beauty of a Ron Paul presidency... All of the talking heads who are out there to tell us what to think wouldn't be qualified anymore. :D

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 05:08 PM
BREAKING NEWS

(MSNBC) Romney Does Not Win Iowa

"(MSNBC) Des Moines, Iowa -- Republican Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, has lost the Iowa caucus that was held the other day.* The final results left Romney with 16 percent of the vote. Another Republican Presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee, lost with 15 percent of the vote. Giuliani lost with 6 percent of the vote.

Besides Romney and the other two, the remaining candidates within the Republican field lost as well -- all except one, whom it was that did not lose. The other candidates that lost were as follows (in order of vote percentages):

Undecided: 11%
Fred Thompson: 2%
Rudy Giuliani: 6%
Mike Huckabee: 15%
John McCain: 1%

[...]

Despite the fact that only one candidate, though not Romney, did not actually lose the straw poll, Romney's energy and passion is what Romney believes the Republican Party needs at this juncture in its history.

* At 33%, Ron Paul was the only candidate that did not lose the straw poll."

adapted from: http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s2i25867

"Paul's failure to win by more than his lead is attributed to Romney's strong showing."

trey4sports
12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
"Paul's failure to win by more than his lead is attributed to Romney's strong showing."

lol, gotta love the old media

Paul4Prez
12-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Here's how they would spin it:

"Ron Paul, who is not a factor in the race nationally, leveraged his small but active support base to eke out a narrow win in the Iowa caucuses, edging out Mike Huckabee, who appears to be the top tier candidate with the most momentum going into the New Hampshire primaries next Tuesday. Mitt Romney also fared well, topping Giuliani and McCain, to set up a New Hampshire showdown next week.

Fred Thompson is expected to drop out of the race on Monday after his disappointing finish, which should bolster Huckabee's chances even more. Whether his Iowa momentum will be enough to help him catch Romney and McCain in New Hampshire remains to be seen, as does whether Giuliani's Florida strategy can still be salvaged."

Paul4Prez
12-21-2007, 05:16 PM

Just say top 3.

A top 3 finish in Iowa would help raise Ron Paul's credibility nationally as a serious candidate, which is probably his biggest hurdle right now. With all the money he has raised and all of the volunteers he has, he doesn't need to win either Iowa or New Hampshire to still have a strong campaign heading into February 5th.

We just have to do as well as we can, and keep fighting. The other candidates are the ones in danger of running out of money, and thin on actual supporters. Don't forget that, no matter what happens early on.

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Here's how they would spin it:

"Ron Paul, who is not a factor in the race nationally, leveraged his small but active support base to eke out a narrow win in the Iowa caucuses, edging out Mike Huckabee, who appears to be the top tier candidate with the most momentum going into the New Hampshire primaries next Tuesday. Mitt Romney also fared well, topping Giuliani and McCain, to set up a New Hampshire showdown next week.

Fred Thompson is expected to drop out of the race on Monday after his disappointing finish, which should bolster Huckabee's chances even more. Whether his Iowa momentum will be enough to help him catch Romney and McCain in New Hampshire remains to be seen, as does whether Giuliani's Florida strategy can still be salvaged."

"Thompson was expected to drop out, but is too lazy, and probably will remain in the race well into 2009."

szczebrzeszyn
12-21-2007, 05:27 PM

Just say top 3.

Reminds me $20million Tea Party. Some dude even claimed, that he thinks $100 millio is possible :)

Anyway, I find this thread really funny, especially those projected news reports. :D

Edit: top 3 would be fantastic. He would be officially considered top-tier candidate.

fortilite
12-21-2007, 05:35 PM
They'll say it's cause it's a caucus, and the primaries will be much tougher.

lynnf
12-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Apathy? Bad Weather?

they'll probably say he can't do it again!

lynn

Voluntaryist
12-21-2007, 06:10 PM
"Ron Paul made a surprisingly strong showing in the Iowa polls today, winning by a landslide. This has lead some election watchdogs to cry foul and suspect voter fraud within the Diebold voting machines. Repeated calls to the Diebold company were not returned."

LMFAO

LFOD
12-21-2007, 06:18 PM
We don't need first. 2nd would be a bombshell, and overshadow a Huckabee win. 3rd would still catapult him into "serious contender" and erase the 2nd-tier stigma.

NYgs23
12-21-2007, 06:24 PM
"In spite of his 8 years in the White House, longshot fringe candidate Ron Paul can't possibly win the presidency, says expert."

Paulite5112007
12-21-2007, 06:26 PM
He will get at least 3rd place and that will be enough to cause a stir heading into N.H. Doesn't matter where Guiliani falls, he isn't counting on Iowa or N.H. so his place is irrelevant and the media knows it. The problem with a 3rd place showing is that it might be close enough to 4th and 5th to not matter. I am hoping for at least 18% for Ron Paul at 3rd with Huck and Romney splitting 50% at 23% and 27% resp.. That will leave McCain with about 12% and Guiliani with about 10% and Thompson with 7%...the last 3% is split to Hunter/Trancredo(he might still get votes?) and Other.

The closer to McCain we are the worse it will be. We need to be closer to 2nd place than 4th place.

LibertyEagle
12-21-2007, 06:45 PM

:D:D

curtisag
12-21-2007, 06:59 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Record low voter turnout in the Republican Presidential Caucus allows Ron Paul a surprise win in Iowa. Experts believe the cold weather and high profile football games on TV the night of the caucus lead to this strange turn of electoral events. Huckabee grabbed 2nd place (the presumptive front-runner currently), and Romney finished with a strong 3rd place showing. Frank Luntz assured the media at a press conference today that Ron Paul's surprise win in Iowa was a complete fluke produced by low turnout and argued his focus groups continue to be very much against the campaign of Ron Paul. Frank Luntz stated, "It's going to be a lot harder for the Pauliacs, as I like to call them, to spam the polls in the larger states with higher turnout. I expect Ron Paul to fall flat on his face starting in South Carolina." The media was very pleased with the analysis and it's set to run on every major network throughout the week. :)

F*** YOU FRANK!

pickfair
12-21-2007, 07:04 PM
There's almost no way to spin this. They've been speculating ever since Nov. 5th whether the donors could be converted to voters. They'll just have to admit that they've lost...

curtisag
12-21-2007, 07:05 PM
There's almost no way to spin this. They've been speculating ever since Nov. 5th whether the donors could be converted to voters. They'll just have to admit that they've lost...

There is always a way to spin something. Never forget that, but it doesn't always work though. That's the key! We're gonna win this damn thing.

nbhadja
12-21-2007, 07:12 PM
"Ron Paul caught with caucus enhancing drugs."

nist7
12-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Just say top 3.

I was completely apathetic about politics when the Ames straw poll was taken.

I did not find out about Ron Paul until 1 month later....and then I joined these forums. Since then, I've converted most of my friends and family And the campaign has grown tremendously.

It would be fantastic if we can win it all, but a 3rd place finish not far off the 2nd place would provide as much momentum.

koob
12-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Blizzard because that is what I am praying for. :D

me too. those um huck 'supporters' won't dig out their cars to vote for dr paul--just my hunch.

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 07:39 PM
"Apparently, a very confusing butterfly ballot led too many people to mistakenly vote for Ron Paul instead of their real candidate."

That was the explanation when Pat Buchanan got "too many" votes in 2000.

Adamsa
12-21-2007, 07:47 PM
"Apparently, a very confusing butterfly ballot led too many people to mistakenly vote for Ron Paul instead of their real candidate."

That was the explanation when Pat Buchanan got "too many" votes in 2000.

That was the explanation when Pat was on the Reform Party's ticket and that was only in one county in Florida.

adpierce
12-21-2007, 08:29 PM
You're thinking of the way the Democrats do it. The Republicans quietly show up and vote and go home in 2 minutes.

Republicans can do it this way as well and have been known to do it in the past, and the likelihood that they will do things like this are much higher due to the fact that the race is so hot here in Iowa. Honestly any number of people have a good chance to win here in Iowa... including Ron Paul supporters. If you take into account that Ron Paul is the pariah of the neo-cons, if it appears that Ron Paul will win a precinct whos to say that delegate selection might not be a little more strategic than going to the ballot box and selecting your candidate. The point is the neo-cons are completely capable of railroading delegates through regardless of who brought the most people to the caucus.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-21-2007, 08:33 PM
"Ron Paul's New Massive Warchest Buys Iowa Voters In Fluke Victory -- McCain, Romney, Huckabee Vow To Crush Paul In Subsequent Contests"

louisiana4liberty
12-21-2007, 08:44 PM
I have a feeling that the campaign will explode with new support if we win New Hampshire or Iowa.:) We will be very hard to beat after that publicity.

All we need is publicity and the campaign will spread. The message is very powerful.

Hook
12-21-2007, 08:45 PM
We don't need first. 2nd would be a bombshell, and overshadow a Huckabee win. 3rd would still catapult him into "serious contender" and erase the 2nd-tier stigma.

That would be true of any candidate other than Dr. Paul. Remember, the MSM is openly hostile to most of Dr. Paul's ideas. They aren't going to give him any slack, so he has to do twice as good as any other candidate to get any coverage at all.

ladyliberty
12-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I think the headlines of the day would be something like:

Diebold Machine Scandal! We here at MSM were shocked today to find that Ron Paul has scored an unprecedented and overwhelming victory in New Hampshire! The voting machines are being carefully disassembled at this very moment to find out where the glitch in the machines are - Diebold engineers completely baffled - more news as it comes in....

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I think the headlines of the day would be something like:

Diebold Machine Scandal! We here at MSM were shocked today to find that Ron Paul has scored an unprecedented and overwhelming victory in New Hampshire! The voting machines are being carefully disassembled at this very moment to find out where the glitch in the machines are - Diebold engineers completely baffled - more news as it comes in....

"Diebold malfunction causes accurate vote count!"

LFOD
12-21-2007, 08:58 PM
That would be true of any candidate other than Dr. Paul. Remember, the MSM is openly hostile to most of Dr. Paul's ideas. They aren't going to give him any slack, so he has to do twice as good as any other candidate to get any coverage at all.

They are, but they wouldn't be able to ignore Paul beating Romney in Iowa.

JoeySweets
12-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I think we can discuss that when he actually wins... the sound of him winning sounds just too great

westmich4paul
12-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Huckabee Bible bots were outvoted by the Ron Paul porn bots, yes thats how ron raises soo much money. With help from the mustang ranch the porn bots make billions off from the internet and thats why we need to regulate it.

z7trance
12-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Poll spamming bots!

Pete Kay
12-21-2007, 11:45 PM

Do you remember when Ron Paul won that big Nevada straw poll? What did the headlines say? "Romney loses Nevada straw poll" The article barely even mentioned Ron Paul.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/10/14/410525.aspx

The Lantern
12-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Results just in from the Iowa Caucuses. Mike Huckabee placed second beating out Mitt Romney. All other candidates hovered in single digits with the exception of Ron Paul who came in ninth from last. We will have complete coverage on the Mike and Mitt Show as they prepare for "Takedown in New Hampshire"!

dfalken
12-21-2007, 11:52 PM
It's funny that you think Paul will get publicity by placing well in Iowa....

remember

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

Mahatma Gandhi

Right now they are in between "they ridicule you" and "they fight you"...if we place well in Iowa they will go into full "they fight you" mode. We'll get attention but if you think the recent white supremacist bs was hurtful (I don't think it was), get ready for what is coming.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-21-2007, 11:53 PM
That Iowa people like the underdog and like voting for strange people.

hawks4ronpaul
12-22-2007, 09:42 AM
"Ron Paul's New Massive Warchest Buys Iowa Voters In Fluke Victory -- McCain, Romney, Huckabee Vow To Crush Paul In Subsequent Contests"

"Money corrupts Iowa vote!"

gjdavis60
12-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Iowa Prostitutes Give Paul Happy Ending In Iowa!

Arek
12-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Romney, Huckabee lose in Iowa, Thompson takes 2nd

THompson who came in polling in third place shocked everyone by placing second in the Iowa caucus. Front-runners Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee tie for 3rd place in the Caucus. The "fringe" candidate Ron Paul pulls out the victory, but he is irrelevant to the actual race. With a strong showing look for Fred Thompson to make a run in New Hampshire and South Carolina. Mitt Romney believes he has New Hampshire locked up and is starting to spend heavily in Florida in hopes of catching Rudy Guiliani, who was a no show on the radar at the Iowa Caucuses. Some election officials believe Guiliani had his supporters rally behind Ron Paul to make his opposition look like they are un-electable candidates.

CFRSucks
12-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Neo Nazis storm Iowa Caucus!!!!!!!!!

hawks4ronpaul
12-22-2007, 10:57 AM
"Breaking news announced about election rules just after the polls closed, this year the winner is the one with the least votes."

driller80545
12-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Mike Huckabee loses Iowa Caucus

AP-- January 4th, 2008

Yesterday, in what can only be described as a political anomaly, Mike Huckabee was defeated in Iowa by obscure isolationist Congressman Ron Paul despite polling high in the ever accurate media polls. Supporters of the kooky Congressman from Crazytown came out of their parent's basements in mass to vote for their cult hero. These nerds, misfits, white supremacists, and non Republicans think that this minute victory will catapult their crank candidate to the Republican nomination, but as political expert George Stephanopolous told us yesterday,"That's not going to happen." But enough about the winner, let's spend the rest of the page talking about Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee who are still the frontrunners according to us sane people and most of America...

Haha This I can actually picture happening.

rockwell
12-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Farmers Almanac is calling for precipitation.

Pray for snow.

hawks4ronpaul
12-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Haha This I can actually picture happening.

Speaking of actually happening:

"Some thoughts on those angry voters. Ask parents of any two-year-old and they can tell you about those temper tantrums: the stomping feet, the rolling eyes, the screaming. It's clear that the anger controls the child and not the other way around. It's the job of the parent to teach the child to control the anger and channel it in a positive way. Imagine a nation full of uncontrolled two-year-old rage. The voters had a temper tantrum last week....Parenting and governing don't have to be dirty words: the nation can't be run by an angry two-year-old."

-- ABC World News Tonight anchor Peter Jennings in his daily ABC Radio commentary, November 14, 1994, explaining how voters elected a GOP majority to both houses of Congress for the first time in decades.
http://www.mediaresearch.org/notablequotables/bestof/1994/best1-3.asp

DJ RP
12-22-2007, 11:22 AM
This is the funniest thread in the world :D

hawks4ronpaul
12-22-2007, 11:29 AM
This is the funniest thread in the world :D

See the "Caption Contest" too. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=54284

yongrel
12-22-2007, 11:32 AM
I'd be thrilled with a 3rd place finish.

pacelli
12-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Jimmy Carter had a 2%-4% in polls and ended up winning the presidency. Stranger things have happened.

koob
12-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I'd be thrilled with a 3rd place finish.

me too. that would give me the proof that he can be taken seriously then people wont feel like they're wasting their vote by voting for him!

fj45lvr
12-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Big Government takes a blow today in the heartland.... Iowans actually believe that Liberty is not archaic and "Big Brother" is not looking out for their best interests...they WANT the subsidy checks cut-off and are going to "tough it out" on their own without welfare like actual REAL Americans.

The genuine article is much better than the phony imposters.

hawks4ronpaul
12-23-2007, 03:07 PM
That was the explanation when Pat was on the Reform Party's ticket and that was only in one county in Florida.

Yes, it was funny when pundits argued that they "knew" the results were wrong because they "knew" that that many people would not vote for him.