PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed that majority of donors to campaing are "new donors"?

Monotaur
12-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi all,

I'm really liking some of the data that the new widget provides. Specifically, I guess we can get the number of new vs. old donors now. What I find interesting is that the vast majority of donors are new (as I understand it, have never donated to RP before):

(from RonPaulGraphs.com:)

last updated: 12/21/07 04:50 PM EST
total raised today: $18,617
donations today: 241
donors today: 197
new donors today: 194
total raised Q4: $18,491,806
total donations Q4: 208,267
average daily total: $225,510
average daily donations: 2,540
days to end of quarter: 10

So, even with the admittedly anemic rates since the tea party, we're still taking in money, and it looks like the majority is coming from brand new people to the campaign (in fact, by looking at today's graph it looks like one person joined the 2300 club today all in one go!).

Anyway, I just thought that this was interesting and wondered if anyone else noticed the same.

JordanL
12-21-2007, 04:08 PM
It's actually been like that for the last few days in a row. I think we've been averaging something like 80-85% new donors. :)

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 04:12 PM
This is fantastic for old donors. We're mostly spent out over here, at least until the next paycheck.

szczebrzeszyn
12-21-2007, 04:16 PM
new donors today: 194
Are you sure these are first time ever donors? I'm not so sure about it and it would be great, if this thing is clarified. Sometimes new means this week/this quarter, depending on the stat site you visit.

szczebrzeszyn
12-21-2007, 04:18 PM
BTW I've always wanted to see the total number of unique donors for all the fundraising period of time (So, how many people sent the money so far). Is it shown somewhere?

Monotaur
12-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Are you sure these are first time ever donors? I'm not so sure about it and it would be great, if this thing is clarified. Sometimes new means this week/this quarter, depending on the stat site you visit.

According to www.ronpaulgraphs (mentioned here: http://ronpaulgraphs.blogspot.com/ ), these are actual new donors (unless I am misinterpreting his response).

AlexAmore
12-21-2007, 04:32 PM
What do you guys think the ratio of new donors to merely new supporters is?

Monotaur
12-21-2007, 04:32 PM
BTW I've always wanted to see the total number of unique donors for all the fundraising period of time (So, how many people sent the money so far). Is it shown somewhere?

Unfortunately, not quite. This info wasn't published consistently until recently... but as of a few days ago, it'll be shown here (along with odd interpolation lines back to October):

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/total_donors.html

nist7
12-21-2007, 04:33 PM
It's actually been like that for the last few days in a row. I think we've been averaging something like 80-85% new donors. :)

That's incredible news. The growth is amazing!!!!

Keep up the hard work guys......the fruits of our labor will be ripe in just a few short weeks!!!!

:)

theseus51
12-21-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't think it's ALL new donors. I bet a lot are. But if you type in different info, like

"123 Main St. " vs "123 Main Street"

then I think their database might create a "new" entry. At least that's how most databases work. So I think some of those "new" people might be people who donated before, but yeah, I bet there are a lot of new people too. =)