PDA

View Full Version : Official complaint made to the BBC

Mattsa
12-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I've just logged a complaint with the BBC here in England asking them to explain to me why there has been zero election coverage of Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

I explained to the person at the BBC the grassroots campaign raising 4.3 million on November 5th and 6 million on 16th December and that this money has been raised indepentently from the official campaign. I also explained that this latter fundraiser was the biggest 1 day contribution to a political cause in history.

I have been promised a written response within 10 days.

I will publish their response as soon as I receive it.

Wishing everyone well

M

Joe3113
12-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Great. I'm gonna go after some Australian murdoch journalists who have called RP's campaign a 'fake'.

hillertexas
12-21-2007, 02:49 PM
excellent work...keep us posted

dspectre
12-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks. I'm interested in what the BBC has to say.

fortilite
12-21-2007, 02:56 PM
It's weird that BBC has been so silent when several other UK news sources have had a lot of articles. Maybe they get thier info from Reuters, which seems to be ignoring Ron Paul as well.

Mattsa
12-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I explained to the guy that I believe there is a deliberate conspiracy to keep him out of the UK media. Another thing that strikes me as odd is that I read a blog by Andrew Sullivan saying he was endorsing Ron Paul. Andrew Sullivan writes for The Times and his blogs are published regularly there. But what happened to this blog saying he would support Ron Paul? There's no sign of it in The Times. I'm just a tad suspicious to say the least!

Voluntaryist
12-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Its extra odd considering that Ron Paul has generated more excitement among Britons than any other US candidate in American political history.

Adamsa
12-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Actually, they have covered Ron a little, they even mentioned him as one of the more "authentic" candidates, but they tend to not cover anything until the actual general elections.

AdoubleR
12-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Cheers! I think The Guardian is the most balanced paper out here for some reason though...

NoxTwilight
12-21-2007, 03:40 PM
I explained to the guy that I believe there is a deliberate conspiracy to keep him out of the UK media. Another thing that strikes me as odd is that I read a blog by Andrew Sullivan saying he was endorsing Ron Paul. Andrew Sullivan writes for The Times and his blogs are published regularly there. But what happened to this blog saying he would support Ron Paul? There's no sign of it in The Times. I'm just a tad suspicious to say the least!

Correct me if I am wrong but Mr R Murdock owns the Times in the UK as well as several with "times" in the name in the US.

Rebel Resource
12-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Tell me about it, I live here.

The Guardian is our one of our two best left-wing newspapers and its Election Special now has over 30 articles with equal coverage of the "mainstream candidates" and about 31 words (words!) in all of them about Ron Paul (only about him paying the students to stay for the holidays).

Look at the list of articles here. It's a busy website where you can actually comment on the articles, and most times I've jumped in demanding more Ron coverage.

Example just a few minutes ago:
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/ezra_klein/2007/12/skin_game.html

Full list of 30+ articles
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/category/us_elections_2008/

surf
12-21-2007, 03:46 PM
BBC America did a long Huck story yesterday. They are past due to cover Ron. Thanks Mattsa. Go Cottagers

Adamsa
12-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but Mr R Murdock owns the Times in the UK as well as several with "times" in the name in the US.

No, he owns three papers, all three are tabloid crap, more entertainment then news.

He does own a lot of media, but nothing thats taken as seriously as the Times or the guardian.

Rebel Resource
12-21-2007, 03:52 PM
No, he owns three papers, all three are tabloid crap, more entertainment then news.

He does own a lot of media, but nothing thats taken as seriously as the Times or the guardian.

Every single one of his 600-700 newspapers around the world is pro-Iraq war. What are the odds on that?

Mattsa
12-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I think the CFR shill Murdoch owns the Sunday Times, but not the Times (Mon-Sat)

He also owns alot of the shite we are forced to watch on TV.

I don't watch TV anymore. It is the most corrosive thing you can allow into your home. I source all my media info, news etc from the web

Rebel Resource
12-21-2007, 04:37 PM
I think the CFR shill Murdoch owns the Sunday Times, but not the Times (Mon-Sat)

He also owns alot of the shite we are forced to watch on TV.

I don't watch TV anymore. It is the most corrosive thing you can allow into your home. I source all my media info, news etc from the web

You can bet your @$$ he owns the Times as well.

By the way spellcheck your sig :D