PDA

View Full Version : Raise money with adsense $10k+ per month

Bilgefisher
12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
I didn't find anything substantial when searching for this topic on here. So here goes:

Put adsense on the the forums. Non intrusive, and take the money made an donate it back to fundraising projects. Have a tracker show how much has been made and where that money is being contributed. It doesn't have to go to the ronpaul2008 site. It can go to a number projects. TV ads, blimp, dvd bomb, whatever folks want. Google has non click paid ads. Ads that are paid based on the number of site views. This avoids click fraud that I am sure a few people would try. Even if you had paid for clicks, you can work out something with google. A smaller fee to offset click fraud or something else basic. Grassroots is all about being inventive.

How do I get paid?
You get paid whenever someone on your site clicks on one of the AdSense ads. Advertisers can also bid to appear on your site on a CPM (cost per thousand impressions) basis. Both CPC and CPM bids compete in our AdWords program to ensure that you optimize your ad revenue.
From google adsense page.

The revenue from these forums alone would total several thousand dollars a month. Another forum I am on only has 100 unique visitors a day and makes over $200/mo. This site has 5000+ unique visitors a day. Thats over $10k per month. That can fund a lot of small projects by doing the same exact thing were doing now, reading the forums. Each month have it go to a certain fund raising project. Many people are going broke trying to fund all these grassroots projects. Why not put something on the webspace that passively makes money and supports some of the smaller fundraising ideas. This isn't the only site that has that many visitors.
The top 5 Ron Paul sites have over 40,000 combined visitors per day.

As far as the advertisements go, yes there would be political ads from other candidates, so what. Its not the folks on this forum are going to suddenly leave to join another candidate because of an ad.

Anyway, that is my idea to help fund these smaller projects.

Your thoughts? Would love to hear from the mods on this one, I'm sure its not the first time it has come up.

aperetti
12-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I think Huckabee or someone tried this and it got them in trouble... but I guess the proceeds could go to chip-ins.

rory096
12-21-2007, 02:37 PM
+11ty. If there are legal troubles with giving to other projects, then the owner of this site could count it as personal income and then just do individual expenditures (and donate up to $5000 to each PAC like OperationNH).

rfbz
12-21-2007, 02:39 PM
this forum already has adsense, look right above your post

constitutional
12-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I didn't find anything substantial when searching for this topic on here. So here goes:

Put adsense on the the forums. Non intrusive, and take the money made an donate it back to fundraising projects. Have a tracker show how much has been made and where that money is being contributed. It doesn't have to go to the ronpaul2008 site. It can go to a number projects. TV ads, blimp, dvd bomb, whatever folks want. Google has non click paid ads. Ads that are paid based on the number of site views. This avoids click fraud that I am sure a few people would try. Even if you had paid for clicks, you can work out something with google. A smaller fee to offset click fraud or something else basic. Grassroots is all about being inventive.

The revenue from these forums alone would total several thousand dollars a month. Another forum I am on only has 100 unique visitors a day and makes over $200/mo. This site has 5000+ unique visitors a day. Thats over $10k per month. That can fund a lot of small projects by doing the same exact thing were doing now, reading the forums. Each month have it go to a certain fund raising project. Many people are going broke trying to fund all these grassroots projects. Why not put something on the webspace that passively makes money and supports some of the smaller fundraising ideas. This isn't the only site that has that many visitors.
The top 5 Ron Paul sites have over 40,000 combined visitors per day.

As far as the advertisements go, yes there would be political ads from other candidates, so what. Its not the folks on this forum are going to suddenly leave to join another candidate because of an ad.

Anyway, that is my idea to help fund these smaller projects.

Your thoughts? Would love to hear from the mods on this one, I'm sure its not the first time it has come up.

We already have ads on these forum at the bottom... and please... these forums provide us with great resources. I'd rather pay $200 up front than have ads in my face on the forums.

Bilgefisher
12-21-2007, 02:43 PM
We already have ads on these forum at the bottom... and please... these forums provide us with great resources. I'd rather pay $200 up front than have ads in my face on the forums.

I'm not talking in your face, but something to generate money for the these fundraisers. I can't imagine that little ad makes a whole lot. I would like to see it go back to these projects though.

rfbz
12-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm not talking in your face, but something to generate money for the these fundraisers. I can't imagine that little ad makes a whole lot. I would like to see it go back to these projects though.

You say you're not talking "in your face" but theres already 2 ads on every page. How many more do you want? The ads on this site pay for maintaining the site.

T206
12-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Could you do more ads for unregistered guests?

kojirodensetsu
12-21-2007, 02:46 PM
We already have ads on these forum at the bottom...

For a second I was like "what? I don't see any ads.." but then I remembered that I have AdBlock for Firefox. :D

Bilgefisher
12-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I agree that it requires a lot of money to pay for this site. Just looking for something geared towards these fund raisers. Just trying to come up with ideas and get input. I do appreciate the input though.

constitutional
12-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree that it requires a lot of money to pay for this site. Just looking for something geared towards these fund raisers. Just trying to come up with ideas and get input. I do appreciate the input though.

Man, wow, I wish more people in the world would say "thank you for your input" like you just did rather than "FU, you don't know what you are talking about!"

I salute you sir! :D