PDA

View Full Version : Anyone google'd Ron Paul lately?

steve005
12-21-2007, 01:00 PM
I told you, the title of today's story says "ron keeps $500 dollars from white suprimisist" this will turn many off to him right from the start

Spike
12-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't think that headline is gonna always stay at the top, don't be irrational

Real_CaGeD
12-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Ron Paul after google is fine on my pc.

stefans
12-21-2007, 01:04 PM

steve005
12-21-2007, 01:09 PM
jesus! its not in google news its the main google site that you type in ron paul, the first result is google news about ron paul, its the first result! whether or not they wanted news or not don't matter, the point is is that thats the first thing they will see, don't you see?

GoRon2008
12-21-2007, 01:12 PM
I tried to tell you guys.

As a we designer I know....

If you are good enough or have enough money, you can control the search results.

Its easy. Ask any web designer.

Stupid move.

Rex
12-21-2007, 01:13 PM
I see this:

News results for ron paul

Albany Times Union Ron Paul will use white supremacist's $500 to spread 'message of ... - 16 hours ago
Ron Paul will be taking that money away from someone with "small ideologies" and using it to "spread the message of freedom," Paul campaign spokesman Jesse ...
USA Today - 198 related articles
Paul Shaping Up As Spoiler in GOP Race - The Associated Press - 70 related articles
Waiting for Ron Paul - Financial Post - 6 related articles

Rex
12-21-2007, 01:15 PM
and this is the article.. pretty good:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/12/ron-paul-will-u.html

By keeping a white supremacist's $500 contribution, Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul will be taking that money away from someone with "small ideologies" and using it to "spread the message of freedom," Paul campaign spokesman Jesse Benton tells the Associated Press.

If supremacist Don Black thinks he can influence Paul, "he's wasted his money," Benton adds.

The story of Black's donation has been around for a while now -- LoneStarTimes.com broke the news Oct. 25. Today's AP story, though, underscores again the unorthodox nature of the Paul campaign since it's safe to say most other politicians would have returned the $500.

rothnic
12-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Not to mention you can't just "take it off the blimp" and covering it up somehow would be news by itself. Any bad news like that will drop off soon enough.

DrRich
12-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Why are some of you so damn afraid of this?
you guys think that just by ignoring it, this problem is just be kept under wraps?

Who cares if bad reporting comes up?
you think that just because a bad reporting came up first that people will ONLY look that piece up?
I would hope that intelligent, thinking individuals in America would have a common sense enough to do a balanced search and find out for themselves that RP is indeed, a candidate worth considering.

Stop this crappy whining about the blimp.

damn.

shadow26
12-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Not to mention you can't just "take it off the blimp" and covering it up somehow would be news by itself. Any bad news like that will drop off soon enough.

Don't fret...stories of the "white supremacist" nonsense will be replaced by "Paul Blimp Grounded" over the next few weeks.

hrdman2luv
12-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I just did a google for "ron paul" and got the white suprenisist crap too. This is bad.
We need to bomb the racist website with a fllod of emails to "Stop Promoting Ron Paul" and to start promoting someone else.
They need to keep their support for Ron in the Closet. If we could get them to endorse someone like Hunter for his fence would be good for Ron Paul.

don.black@stormfront.org

Note: You will get an email to verify that your email wasn't spam, just click the reply button and send.

I did this like 10 times............Please do it now, and tell your friends and other Ron Paull supporters.

BTW, OHIO needs help getting signatures for Ron Paul to get on the ballad

PimpBlimp
12-21-2007, 01:24 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb188/shamash_bucket/ronpaulgoogle.jpg

Its subliminal. Most people associate "white supremacist" with the word "hate" so they will fill in the blank with the word hate.

"message of hate"

bastards

jj111
12-21-2007, 01:28 PM
My Google for "Ron Paul" did start with a cluster labelled "News Results for Ron Paul":
Ron Paul will use white supremacist's $500 to spread 'message of ... - 16 hours ago
Ron Paul will be taking that money away from someone with "small ideologies" and using it to "spread the message of freedom," Paul campaign spokesman Jesse ...
USA Today - 198 related articles
Paul Shaping Up As Spoiler in GOP Race - The Associated Press - 69 related articles
Waiting for Ron Paul - Financial Post - 6 related articles

That is the first cluster displayed.

The second cluster listed is the Ron Paul 2008 website and sub-pages.

rothnic
12-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Don't fret...stories of the "white supremacist" nonsense will be replaced by "Paul Blimp Grounded" over the next few weeks.

So...why are you even here if you are so sure of failure? Which candidate are you for?

1913_to_2008
12-21-2007, 01:33 PM
If we just post the link to RP's main site over and over that should help bring him up in the rankings right? Help me by putting it in your signatures and replying back to this with the link in your reply. Am I right computer GEEKS? http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

leipo
12-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Well, most people don't even know what google is, so i don't think it matters.

orion846
12-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I told you, the title of today's story says "ron keeps $500 dollars from white suprimisist" this will turn many off to him right from the start

you think the blimp is staying in the air long enough to bother changing it?

1913_to_2008
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
If we just post the link to RP's main site over and over that should help bring him up in the rankings right? Help me by putting it in your signatures and replying back to this with the link in your reply. Am I right computer GEEKS? http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
GEEKS?

911cartoon
12-21-2007, 04:41 PM
The blimp says Google Ron Paul right? is it a coincidence that when you google Ron Paul the first thing that comes up is

Albany Times Union
Ron Paul will use white supremacist's $500 to spread 'message of ..

????????

szczebrzeszyn
12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Not in this matrix. What page you're actually using? google.com shows relevant results.

MN Patriot
12-21-2007, 05:41 PM
WPBF
Ron Paul will use white supremacist's $500 to spread 'message of ... - 21 hours ago

Drats! Outsmarted by the Establishment again!

Carson
12-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Skip that one.

rjo43084
12-21-2007, 06:44 PM
WPBF
Ron Paul will use white supremacist's $500 to spread 'message of ... - 21 hours ago

Drats! Outsmarted by the Establishment again!

Exactly why they should have given the address to ronpaullibrary.com instead

noztnac
12-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Skip that one.

ROFL:D

noztnac
12-21-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm getting that too. Aren't we supposed to be the internet nerds? Why can't we get something else up there?

banjojambo9
12-21-2007, 06:54 PM
its been like that here also for the past day .Ron Paul will use white supremacist's $500 to spread 'message of ...

banjojambo9
12-21-2007, 06:55 PM
actually thats google news that does it

expatinireland
12-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Most people will not first go to the news search when they google Ron Paul. A google web search of Ron Paul gives the official website as the number 1 result.

But I have to admit under news search, Google always presents negative news about Ron Paul as being most relevant. For weeks the most relevant stories were the ones about Tucker and his sex industry friends.

Now the most relevant stories are about some racist from Florida who contributed $500.

Maybe we should utilise the people who have come from Google to join the campaign and find out why these negative stories are always coming up as number one and try to find out if there is anything that can be done to rectify the problem

Ilhaguru
12-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Exactly, it's google news. It will change as soon as this passes along and the headlines about RP change.

voytechs
12-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Yup, they made that top news. Its an obvious attack. I think the campaign should address this forcefully. This is the kind of stuff that can end campaigns, and that is exactly what they are hoping for.

Johncjackson
12-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Personally, I have never been a fan of the indirect " google Ron Paul"' approach. Id rather have them go to a positive controlled site directly. If they dont remember the site, they will Google ( or use another search.. Around 30% of the traffic to my hundreds of sites comes from other search engines. My experience is also a lot of people, especially older ones use the default search of their isp) him anyway and find it. From a web marketing standpoint, I never like too much clicking around or an extra step that is unnecessary.

I know this approach appeals to the " Who is John Gault" and people who like unique marketing ( maybe NIN fans), but I dont think those are the people that need the message.

newbitech
12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
i also though it would be better if it said Who is Ron Paul. Then the hole would have been in the space instead of on the "n".

GoRon2008
12-21-2007, 09:02 PM
you guys dont get what i was saying....

YOU CAN PAY TO HAVE YOUR RESULTS AT THE TOP!!

That link was paid to be on top!!!

Luckily, more people havent tried to put stories on top of that search term.

Its most common with shopping terms. People pay big bucks to have thier site pop up when say PS3 is mentioned or something.

Whoever pays the most gets the highest ranking.

After the payers, the links are followed by which sites have the most relevant title, content, and tags.

tttar
12-29-2007, 10:27 AM

We could spin it and say "Ron Paul won't give white supremacist his money back." :D

Malakai0
12-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Anyone who doesn't believe that the media is just a propoganda tool for the establishment doesn't google news RP much.

4 months later and the stupid don black 500 donation IS STILL HEADLINE NEWS? Despite raising more money in a day than any other political campaign in history, and just during a republican primary!