PDA

View Full Version : I am SAD: Still need $91,000 for the bLIMP does NOT look good !!

Falseflagop
12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
With 12 hrs to go!!

tropicangela
12-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Contact the campaign - ask for help, I will.

fireworks_god
12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Is it legal for them to do so?

Matthew Zak

That won't do any good. Ron wouldn't' approve of it. I wouldn't' waste my time.

Make some more calls, etc...

xexkxex

I think Tarzan (Blimp team) said somewhere that it would be against the law for the campaign to help out with the blimp.

I do not know why though....Hopefully someone will step in here and tell us. ;)

Mark Rushmore
12-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Is it legal for them to do so?

They buy all kinds of advertising in all kinds of places, why not buy some on a blimp?

spivey378
they should have told us earlier there were money problems. it just got off the ground a few days ago and i thought that would be enough to last us through the month

poor job of getting a hold of the media, one banner, delays etc

it was fun while it lasted

Falseflagop
Why cannot the campiagn buy AD time on the blimp?

Ozwest
12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I don't think the campaign is allowed to contribute.:(

tropicangela
12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe they can tell us, I will post if I get a reply. I asked. Nothing in the name of Dr. Paul is a waste of time!

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 11:25 AM
they should have told us earlier there were money problems. it just got off the ground a few days ago and i thought that would be enough to last us through the month

poor job of getting a hold of the media, one banner, delays etc

it was fun while it lasted

I believe the deadline and the amount needed have always been on the front page.

There was too many people having sissy fits and arguing in this forum for anyone to notice until it was too late.

It's pretty sad :(

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Nothing in the name of Dr. Paul is a waste of time!

QFT

Shink
12-21-2007, 11:26 AM
The problem is partially due to people not following through on pledges. Don't pledge if you don't mean it.

LibertyEagle
Look, the rep from the blimp team has already said they're having legal problems. They even mentioned a "settlement". The name of their company has been removed from the blimp website. You so sure you want to ask the campaign to get involved in this, when we don't know what is going on with the blimp company at the present time?

AdoubleR
Oops! Wrong Thread!

AdoubleR
12-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I believe the deadline and the amount needed have always been on the front page.

There was too many people having sissy fits and arguing in this forum for anyone to notice until it was too late.

It's pretty sad :(

I like your summary of what the past week has been like on here... LOL...

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I like your summary of what the past week has been like on here... LOL...

:D I know right...

PS - Don't you love the ignore list ;) It's amazing that some people can have thousands of posts and yet every one you see is negative...:rolleyes:

querty
12-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Having this in New Hampshire during the primaries is WELL WORTH 90k more.

Question_Authority
12-21-2007, 11:32 AM
yeah, I think once I got an email from them saying they needed legal help, it kind of turned me off to donating. Not that I have much to donate, but I am sure it turned a lot of people off. It was such a vague email, I was thinking "who is going to have any confidence in this now?" And what happened to the legal team that was originally helping them out?

I thought the original $200,000 was carrying it through for a whole month or something. Now, 10 days later there is no money left and they need lawyers?

It's all just too weird.

steph3n
it has to be individuals that buy, companies(which the campaign is) can not that is the short and simple answer.

steph3n
yeah, I think once I got an email from them saying they needed legal help, it kind of turned me off to donating. Not that I have much to donate, but I am sure it turned a lot of people off. It was such a vague email, I was thinking "who is going to have any confidence in this now?" And what happened to the legal team that was originally helping them out?

I thought the original $200,000 was carrying it through for a whole month or something. Now, 10 days later there is no money left and they need lawyers?

It's all just too weird.

200,000 was always the down payment to get it off the ground, 350k is required for a full month, that was stated before it even started.

shadow26
12-21-2007, 11:41 AM

We blew it when we got obsessed with breaking fundraising records on December 16th. Maybe people thought it was a sporting event of some sort...I don't know. Now we need funds to keep this great PR tool in the air, and we're tapped out. The blimp brought the Paul campaign a load of positive PR yesterday as it flew above Baltimore. Breaking the Kerry fundraising record..? Nada. The blimp COULD have brought even MORE positive PR to the campaign over the coming weeks. But you'll never hear about breaking the fundraising record again...lesson learned. A LITTLE TOO MUCH MONEY went to the wrong place, IMHO.

sherpah23
12-21-2007, 11:41 AM
So why is 400k needed by today, and not 350k as was listed as being needed for the month.

If I remember correctly it didnt take off until after the 13th of december its now the 21st. If I am correct you do not need to pay for pilots - fuel etc while the blimp is not in the air.

So for 8 days - some of them with the blimp in the air - some on the ground - not in boston (I know cant blame them for weather...) . It is now the 21th of december and they have 300k+, why is this not enough to get through to December 31st at least.

300k for less than 8 days of air time - even less ground covered than I expected with the weather, and none of it in early primary states (other than SC - if you count SC as an early primary state).

I gave $50.00 to the blimp. I'm giving $25 more. I am not encouraged by the progress of the blimp so far, but I still like the idea. So here is $25.00 more towards the cause. Now get it to NH or Iowa - or at least keep it in the air - somewhere.

JimDude
12-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Aren't they like having a blizzard in the north east or something? I mean really, how many people are gonna be standing outside watching for a blimp? And where are millions of dollars in media coverage we were suppose to get?

mortepa
12-21-2007, 11:49 AM
I gave 25 bucks yesterday and repeated today. This is ridiculous! We NEED to get this blimp paid for!!! Keep it going through the primaries. I feel this is a must do...

Are people really this tapped out of cash. Dip into your credit cards then...I feel on this day that the blimp is our highest priority.

sherpah23
12-21-2007, 11:57 AM
I gave 25 bucks yesterday and repeated today. This is ridiculous! We NEED to get this blimp paid for!!! Keep it going through the primaries. I feel this is a must do...

Are people really this tapped out of cash. Dip into your credit cards then...I feel on this day that the blimp is our highest priority.

I have given $75.00 so far to the blimp. Although - $25.00 in yard signs = 24/7 advertising for as long as I keep them out. $75.00 for blimp advertising = 3min (that is if it flys) or (when I donated my 1st $50.00) if you were on the side of the blimp with advertising. I like the idea though, hopefully we can keep it in the air!! Come no Blimp Team.

I know why the bimp is not the highest priority.

Where is the blimp now? Dec 21st Schedule - 8:00am- Cancelled

Tomorrow - Might be in the place it started out at in NC - in the hanger getting Bungees fixed.

Might has well by another 100k of yard signs and pass them out. This is my last donation to the blimp until I see it attempting to follow the flight plan.

Rocket80
12-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Does anyone else think we are reaching some point of diminishing returns with this blimp? I mean...we got it in the air and it flew, and it was discussed in a few media outlets...and we can always say we funded a blimp....I just don't see what's left to accomplish with it. Sorry for being lame.

tropicangela
12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Look, the rep from the blimp team has already said they're having legal problems. They even mentioned a "settlement". The name of their company has been removed from the blimp website. You so sure you want to ask the campaign to get involved in this, when we don't know what is going on with the blimp company at the present time?

Can you elaborate? From what I understood, the blimp company supports Ron Paul and gave a break on the blimp? Correct? Are they not giving a break on the cost now because there are problems? What do you know? Please post here.

Liberty Star
12-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I think Tarzan (Blimp team) said somewhere that it would be against the law for the campaign to help out with the blimp.

I do not know why though....Hopefully someone will step in here and tell us. ;)

I think because they have set it up as a separate entity for legal reasons. I don't think official campaign can directly help them.

tropicangela
12-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok I ran search and found this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59231&highlight=blimp+settlement

Liberty Star
12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
I think because they have set it up as a separate entity for legal reasons. I don't think official campaign can directly help them.

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

This explains it in detail and has easy access to donate.

castor
12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
If it gets to 25,000 or so Ill donate $50.

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 12:08 PM
ATTENTION!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=62649

dmitchell
12-21-2007, 12:09 PM
It is best for everyone if the FEC shuts down the Blimp project. Instead of losing face when the funds dry up, the blimpsters go out like martyrs. It is the difference between the media reporting "Blimp project a failure" and "FEC rains on the blimp parade."

szczebrzeszyn
12-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Can you elaborate? From what I understood, the blimp company supports Ron Paul and gave a break on the blimp? Correct? Are they not giving a break on the cost now because there are problems? What do you know? Please post here.
There's no more information about those problems. They just said they were working on some settlement for the past 2 weeks, asked for legal help (but didn't clarify WHAT legal help) and removed their company name from the website. That's generally all we know for now.

deedles
12-21-2007, 12:12 PM
I sent another 25.00... hopefully more will do the same

reduen
12-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Put me on iggy if you want but to me it is pretty simple.

The blimpfolks started a company to provide a service. If advertising is not the problem and it doesn't seem to be because I keep seeing posts about it everywhere, (Myspace, Various Forums, Meetup and via email for example..) then it must either be the product/service or the lack thereof.

Nearly everybody agrees that that the blimp is great and so are the banners, so what is left?

My point:

If the service was worth the cost to enough customers, the money would be there. The money is not there is it?

shadow26
12-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I sent another 25.00... hopefully more will do the same

The silence from the blimp staff has been deafening today...what happens to the blimp if they do not have $400,000 by midnight? Will they be putting other banners on? Is it done? Do we have to prepare for the onslaught by the media? Just like a few questions answered...

Mithridates
12-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Hopefully we don't lose this:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKm9L90gRQ

I love the part where it blocks out the sun.

manny
12-21-2007, 12:29 PM
The really frustrating thing is I think that the money already donated is now tied up in it? Is that right? I mean more than the "get off the ground" amount; it's all since then too - the $277,000 + $32,000. Feels like having gone in this far it would cost more to pull back than push through to $400k to at least have for NH.

Or have I totally got the sums wrong?

Anyone know if the 400 really must be made today or do they have a few days latitude?

werdd
12-21-2007, 12:31 PM
i would think we could atleast get some time in with 300 something thousand

Yom
12-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Are they not capable of pulling out some loans to hold them over while we donate and make up the borrowed money? What's the problem with 300k vs. 400k? I know it's not the goal, but won't we still have 75% of the planned airtime (flying time)?

Whatintheworldisthat
12-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Blimp!