PDA

View Full Version : No More Ideas, we need action!

Ron2Win
12-21-2007, 11:19 AM
As Billionaire Mark Cuban says, young people are full of ideas but very few are willing to take action.

How many of us have had the idea for the greatest American novel? Yet few if any of us wants to sit hunched in front of a computer typing the night away.

The grassroots projects are there. Support your local meetups, support the current projects. Else we are just a bunch of scattered ideas with little action.

Instead of registering yet another web site, donate to the current projects, buy Slim Jims, go canvas, write your governors, celebrities, radio personalities for endorsements. Comment on Blogs about Ron Paul, write an email about him and send it to your contacts.

Just act

Mortikhi
12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the big steaming pile of crap you just let out on people's projects.

A real motivator!

JoshLowry
12-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Imagine it is January 4th and Ron Paul came in 5th place in Iowa.

What would you have done differently the previous 10 days?

Now go do it!

Ron2Win
12-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Imagine it is January 4th and Ron Paul came in 5th place in Iowa.

What would you have done differently the previous 10 days?

Now go do it!
Excatly, I wouldn't spend my time making yet another cool video.
I wouldn't be trying to get another web site pet project of the ground.

I would be trying to convert and make people act.

mexicanpizza
12-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I actually really agree. A lot of these projects are cool, but let's face it talking to 20 voters could be more impactful than starting up omghi2ronpaul.org. :D

It's certainly a lot more work to venture out into the real world, but makes a huge difference.

Myerz
12-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the big steaming pile of crap you just let out on people's projects.

A real motivator!

HUH?

Myerz
12-21-2007, 11:41 AM
I completely agree....projects are great only if they are acted upon.

Get out there and let the people know who Ron Paul is......

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Ron2Win
12-21-2007, 11:42 AM
I actually really agree. A lot of these projects are cool, but let's face it talking to 20 voters could be more impactful than starting up omghi2ronpaul.org. :D

It's certainly a lot more work to venture out into the real world, but makes a huge difference.
I know it's not a knock on the new projects. They are really cool

It's just that everything is right there, and by the time a project is actually done it may be too late.

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't disagree, but I live in a state that doesn't have its primary until May - it's essentially a coronation ceremony at that point. I do talk to people and have converted many, but I have small children and financial obligation so I can't just take off to an early primary state - it would be irresponsible.

I got some office buzz going at work by showing people my youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymbz6XrkXzQ

I can however, make websites, videos, and peddle ideas. Does it add to the chaos, perhaps; does it create order and organziation, I hope so.

Mortikhi
12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't disagree, but I live in a state that doesn't have its primary until May - it's essentially a coronation ceremony at that point. I do talk to people and have converted many, but I have small children and financial obligation so I can't just take off to an early primary state - it would be irresponsible.

I got some office buzz going at work by showing people my youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymbz6XrkXzQ

I can however, make websites, videos, and peddle ideas. Does it add to the chaos, perhaps; does it create order and organziation, I hope so.
Same here. I have kids to feed, a business to run, another one getting started, a meetup to keep organized, but I cannot take off to Iowa or NH to go stumping.

I've been doing what I can in FL since May, hence the mere 680 or so posts on these forums versus 100+ for someone that's been around a max of 21 days.

Ron2Win
12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Same here. I have kids to feed, a business to run, another one getting started, a meetup to keep organized, but I cannot take off to Iowa or NH to go stumping.

I've been doing what I can in FL since May, hence the mere 680 or so posts on these forums versus 100+ for someone that's been around a max of 21 days.
I live in S. Florida and I heard about Dr. Paul 8 days ago, thru DIGG.COM on his interview with Cramer. I hadn't seen anything on him either until 8 days ago.

Since then, I have changed my registration to Republican, have emailed several people about Dr. Paul, have put up signs on my apt complex.

Today I have contacted the Broward Meetup with an idea.

You never know if someone you talk to, has a family of 20 in Iowa.

All the while, the Blimp is going down, the NH adds are not funded etc etc.

Highstreet
12-21-2007, 12:22 PM
I live in S. Florida and I heard about Dr. Paul 8 days ago, thru DIGG.COM on his interview with Cramer. I hadn't seen anything on him either until 8 days ago.

Since then, I have changed my registration to Republican, have emailed several people about Dr. Paul, have put up signs on my apt complex.

Today I have contacted the Broward Meetup with an idea.

You never know if someone you talk to, has a family of 20 in Iowa.

All the while, the Blimp is going down, the NH adds are not funded etc etc.

Action is what we need.

Get out the Vote!!!!

Those with the ability will make the money things happen.

DrNoZone
12-21-2007, 12:28 PM
I sort of agree. If you have an idea, great, run with it. But if you're doing it solely because you want to be the next super star of the grassroots, forget it, there are more important things to do.