PDA

View Full Version : Speaking Ability

VA.Paul
12-21-2007, 11:09 AM
I am a long time lurker and I have donated $2,300. ($1,500 on December 16)

I wanted to have some feedback on Dr. Paul's speaking.

I want to first say that I do like his responses on most issues, but he needs to frame some answers on other issues better than he has been doing.

I have been searching for articles where he had been interviewed and found this one (http://www.teamliberty.net/id447.html) from June of this year.

Thoughts?

disciple
12-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Welcome aboard; this is a long interview, I'll check it out.

Pete
12-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure what you're asking for. For my own part, I have always found Ron Paul to be a very effective speaker. I don't have any trouble understanding him at all, and he holds my attention. His lack of posturing is extremely refreshing.

I'd go so far as to say that his use of language is masterful, and his delivery disarming. He's one hell of a communicator.

AdoubleR
12-21-2007, 11:52 AM
We sort of decided to leave Ron Paul to his methods and support him as best as possible... Welcome to the boards... I was lurking for months before I finally stepped into the spotlight... LOL...

Ron2Win
12-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I think that people project too much.

And imply their beliefs on what they hear

Case in point: Paul says that slavery could have been abolished without the civil war.

A message of peace.

Most people say that he is pro whites, which has ABSOLUTELLY NOTHING to do with what he just said.

daikonv
12-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Dr. Paul's speaking ability isn't the best, but you always get the gist of what he is saying. If he could improve his oratory skills a bit, he would be unstoppable.

AtomiC
12-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Ron Paul is a great speaker, I don't know what you're talking about.

Thomas Paine
12-21-2007, 12:02 PM
The original poster is entitled to his own opinion. IMHO, I am just fine with Dr. Paul's speaking ability because he comes across as sincere and not some overly coached prima donna like Romney. In fact, I tend to view Dr. Paul as the political version of Jimmy Stewart when it comes to speaking ability.

VA.Paul
12-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure what you're asking for. For my own part, I have always found Ron Paul to be a very effective speaker. I don't have any trouble understanding him at all, and he holds my attention. His lack of posturing is extremely refreshing.

I'd go so far as to say that his use of language is masterful, and his delivery disarming. He's one hell of a communicator.

The original poster is entitled to his own opinion. IMHO, I am just fine with Dr. Paul's speaking ability because he comes across as sincere and not some overly coached prima donna like Romney. In fact, I tend to view Dr. Paul as the political version of Jimmy Stewart when it comes to speaking ability.

I completely agree. I love listening to Dr. Paul for those very reasons. My point is not how he delivers his answers, but that he needs to hone his answers on certain questions. I am talking about the NH Public Radio interview (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61082&highlight=new+hampshire+public+radio).

Maybe I should of been more clear on what I was talking about.:o

partypooper
12-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I want to first say that I do like his responses on most issues, but he needs to frame some answers on other issues better than he has been doing.

that issue has been addressed repeatedly. i don't see any of it changing in the time we have left.