PDA

View Full Version : Is This The End Of The Blimp? Read This

ronpaulfan
12-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Blog from http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

**Big Change of Plans**
December 21st, 2007 by Katharine Memole

Ok folks,

We are all very disappointed to inform you that the weather has made a switch this morning. We are looking at low clouds (so low the blimp may not be visible in the air) all the way to New York and once we get there. The blimp doesn’t have enough lift right now (helium) to fly at the altitudes required for flying on instruments and 3 of the bungees securing one of the banners broke. So, we are headed back to Elizabeth City, NC to get the banner fixed and get out of the clouds so we have good visibility. A YouTube video update will be made available shortly.

On a more pleasant note, the weather will be much more predictable as we head south and we should be able to give supporters and media much better notice about where we’ll be. We’ll be reviewing the weather as the bungees are secured and the banners inspected and deciding where to go next. With your generous support the Ron Paul Blimp Tour could run past mid-January and even into February. So, even if the weather does not look good for the north in the near future it will remain on the table as an important target location.

Thank you for your support.

Ethek
12-21-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't thinks so. Maybe a bunch of disappointed supporters in NH. There are some issues though that I'll state in my blimp blogging post:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=62684

Exponent
12-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Some people seem to always wear "negative-colored lenses" when examining the blimp project and related developments. There is always something bad to talk about, somehow, and it always seems to deserve some people's entire focus. How about a little bit of optimisim, respect, and trust for a change?

shadow26
12-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Some people seem to always wear "negative-colored lenses" when examining the blimp project and related developments. There is always something bad to talk about, somehow, and it always seems to deserve some people's entire focus. How about a little bit of optimisim, respect, and trust for a change?

I tried to whoop up a little enthusiasm this morning, and got tagged as an employee of the blimp team...for crying out loud.

jcims
12-21-2007, 11:12 AM
It's the end of the blimp for those that have no stamina...

alieas007
12-21-2007, 11:13 AM
I still love the blimp....

szczebrzeszyn
12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
I still love the blimp....
Tell us your love story!

Alex Libman
12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
If they have to stick to the Southern states, fine, no big deal. There's enough happening in NH already. I just hope they raise enough money to keep it in the air, because most people will only see it on the teevee anyways.

Besides, I think the folks in South Carolina will be more impressed by a blimp than the folks up in New England. Ted Kennedy anyone? ;)

Dave Pedersen
12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Go south Blimp, go south !!

shadow26
12-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Go south Blimp, go south !!

Wonder if the blimp will wind up flying parallel to the Chesapeake Bay-Bridge Tunnel later today? That would make for a hell of a YouTube video if someone could get out there on the north or south shore to set up a shot...