PDA

View Full Version : The huckaboom may have crested.

RonPaulFTFW
12-21-2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59301

"If a month and a half ago I had told you that Huckabee was tied for the lead in Iowa and South Carolina, that would have been seen as great news for the then-long-shot Huckabee campaign," he said.

What happened?

"Huckabee built some support in Iowa, and then there was a huge round of enthusiasm as he built a double-digit lead in Iowa and a significant lead in South Carolina," Rasmussen explained.

"But as Huckabee surged, the other candidates began to take Huckabee seriously," he continued. "Then Huckabee began receiving a significant amount of negative campaigning in Iowa and South Carolina, and the negative campaigning is now having an impact."

Does the endorsement by Jim Gilchrist, the founder of the Minuteman Project help or hurt Huckabee?

"I think it will help," he answered cautiously. "But I don't think it's definitive."

"What's happening right now is Mike Huckabee is going through a vetting process that other candidates went through earlier in the year," he explained. "There is no one piece of information that is going to be definitive."