PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Ron Paul Supporters from Jim Forsythe

OferNave
12-21-2007, 10:15 AM
I know Jim, he's a great guy, and this is an important letter. Please read it, and pass it along:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/16111

Pete
12-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Really meaty part of the article:

Too Much Help

With as much as the campaign, local supporters, and Operation Live Free or Die folks are doing in the state, it is very easy to get “too much help”. Some examples:

Some folks outside the state have decided to do “auto-calls” on their own. Given the amount of auto-calls the campaign is doing, this is getting on peoples nerves. Also, someone forgot to take the time zone into account, and people were getting calls in the middle of the night!!! You can’t imagine how painful it is for us to hear “I was supporting Ron Paul, but all this calls are pissing me off, and I won’t vote for him”. This has happened several times, and is really a problem. If you know who this is – STOP IT. In fact, this is hurting so much, I wonder if it is coming from one of our opponents.

Some folks have come into the state, and handed out flyers for marijuana, or 9-11 truth. That’s help we DON'T need. No matter what your opinion is on these things, you don’t hand this stuff to someone you don’t know well! We almost had a die-hard meetup member drop out because of this. The key to winning people over is to find out THEIR issue, and speak to that. Don’t push your issue. If you come out to NH, please keep this in mind.

Many people, including myself, are concerned about vote-count, voter fraud, etc. Many third party organizations are talking a lot about this. But I have talked to the campaign and sincerely believe that the campaign's plans should handle this. Third parties coming into New Hampshire, who are not familiar with what goes on here, could actually hurt us. Please leave this to the New Hampshirites, and the campaign. We’ve got plans we can’t talk about.

I agree that the automated phone calls sound like subterfuge.

Really good letter.

parke
12-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Important bump.

cicatrice
12-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Heed the advice. *bump*

TheIndependent
12-21-2007, 02:10 PM
This should be stickied IMMEDIATELY.

JustBcuz
12-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I Really, Really, REALLY hope EVERYONE on this forum reads this.

:)

Lord Xar
I have been getting alot of "is this you" from people and two times by the campaign.

LET ME SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE TENTH TIME.

NO, it is NOT Operation "Call 4 Paul".

To find out "who" it is, is an easy endeavor if someone wanted to get of their keysters and find out. They have the caller ID's, AND these automated calls "leave" messages too - so you can use those to find out "who is doing this".

Instead of SPECULATING on who is doing it. Just spend a couple hundred and hire an investigator and find out NOW. This has been going on for 2 weeks. IF THIS IS STILL GOING ON, again - to me, this is another ball drop by the campaign. How hard is it to track this stuff down? NOT HARD AT ALL.

A "good" calling system will have built in features that SHUT OFF the calling given a time given a timezone.

We use such a calling system. PLUS, we YET to make calls to NH. We have only covered Michigan, Neveda and Iowa so far (I think S.C. too, not sure yet on that) --- but our calls are done in 2-3 hour blocks on a particular day, NOT over and over and over...

SO, why doesn't someone from the campaign "LOOK INTO THIS IN A SERIOUS WAY". Frig. Irritating. I am frustrated becasue this is 2 WEEKS OLD NOW. Going on for 2 friggin weeks. They should shut this down IMMEDIATELY! Friggin amatuer hour over there.

Thanehand
Bump and sticky please!

Dax552
12-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Yes, sticky please. Important post.