PDA

View Full Version : Follow Dr. Paul's Example, If ANYONE gives us honest support accept it

Rob
12-21-2007, 09:39 AM
I know that this is a tough pill to swallow for many of us, as it is for me, but Dr. Paul has made his position very clear on this topic.

Despite Fox trying to slam him recently for accepting the donation of a white supremacist, Ron Paul held his ground and reiterated that he will accept the support of anyone who gives it to him. He argues that it is better they spend the money on his just cause than their evil/misguided one. I believe it is a great though challenging argument.

These forums SHOULD be the place where we can all unite to discuss ideas and organize efforts to get Congressman Paul elected. Even if you find another person or group offensive, DO NOT attack them here. In fact, try to find the common ground you share with them. You just might find yourself supporting their efforts and they supporting your efforts (to get Dr. Paul elected of course!).

Personally, I do find my own advice difficult to take, however, I believe all our best interests are served if we all do our best to follow.

Remember, this is the way Ron Paul himself wants it.

disciple
12-21-2007, 09:43 AM
well said.

ronpaulitician
12-21-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm in.

FreedomFirst
12-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Completely 100% and reduntantly agreed.

Just because one group of people supports RP doesn't mean he is one of the group. I didn't have a problem with this in the first place.

Nihilist23
12-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Bump.

JordanL
12-21-2007, 02:21 PM
One exception tot his rule: we welcome you with open arms, no matter your beliefs. But only so long as those beliefs do not compromise the group. We are here to promote Ron Paul, and honestly, no one should be here promoting anything else, be it neo-nazism or the make a wish foundation, on these forums. There are other forums for those things.

rory096
12-21-2007, 03:03 PM
One exception tot his rule: we welcome you with open arms, no matter your beliefs. But only so long as those beliefs do not compromise the group. We are here to promote Ron Paul, and honestly, no one should be here promoting anything else, be it neo-nazism or the make a wish foundation, on these forums. There are other forums for those things.
This includes 9/11 Truth. If you think there was a conspiracy, fine, but talking about it here only associates Paul with it, and makes him look bad.

Rob
12-21-2007, 03:59 PM
This includes 9/11 Truth. If you think there was a conspiracy, fine, but talking about it here only associates Paul with it, and makes him look bad.

This includes everything, no exceptions!

JordanL
12-21-2007, 04:04 PM
This includes everything, no exceptions!

That was my point. Promoting 9/11 truth here is just as unfavorable as promoting some childrens charity... we aren't here to save the children, we're here to save the country.

stefans
12-21-2007, 04:48 PM
These forums SHOULD be the place where we can all unite to discuss ideas and organize efforts to get Congressman Paul elected. Even if you find another person or group offensive, DO NOT attack them here. In fact, try to find the common ground you share with them. You just might find yourself supporting their efforts and they supporting your efforts (to get Dr. Paul elected of course!).

I doubt it is in ron paul's interest to work together with hateful people like white supremacists. that's not what he said.
he only said he's not going to give the money back because it would be like a donation from him to a white supremacist, for their causes.

amy31416
12-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I know that this is a tough pill to swallow for many of us, as it is for me, but Dr. Paul has made his position very clear on this topic.

Despite Fox trying to slam him recently for accepting the donation of a white supremacist, Ron Paul held his ground and reiterated that he will accept the support of anyone who gives it to him. He argues that it is better they spend the money on his just cause than their evil/misguided one. I believe it is a great though challenging argument.

Personally, I do find my own advice difficult to take, however, I believe all our best interests are served if we all do our best to follow.

Remember, this is the way Ron Paul himself wants it.

Well said. And we should start considering to bask in any victories in a humble and dignified way. Not by tearing anyone else down or attacking anything, argue their positions, of course.

sasha_2008
12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Ron Paul did not actively accept a donation from a white supremacist. But the donation was made and he will not give it back. If Ron Paul gave it back, it would be no different than making a donation to a white supremacist.

Ron Paul held his ground and reiterated that he will accept the support of anyone who gives it to him

Not True: Ron Paul has stated very clearly he does NOT want the support of white supremacist. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gKXyBgr24c

Not everybody on this forum is here to help Ron Paul. If they hurt the cause of freedom and liberty with their own personal agenda, kick their ass to the curb.

lynnf
12-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Ron Paul did not actively accept a donation from a white supremacist. But the donation was made and he will not give it back. If Ron Paul gave it back, it would be no different than making a donation to a white supremacist.

Ron Paul held his ground and reiterated that he will accept the support of anyone who gives it to him

Not True: Ron Paul has stated very clearly he does NOT want the support of white supremacist. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gKXyBgr24c

Not everybody on this forum is here to help Ron Paul. If they hurt the cause of freedom and liberty with their own personal agenda, kick their ass to the curb.

as I stated in another thread, should the U.S. government give back the taxes of
racists? does keeping the taxes mean the government is racist?
the "give back the money" position is baloney!

lynn