PDA

View Full Version : Alright, this is going to sound really stupid and dorky

Second_Tier_My_Ass
12-21-2007, 08:28 AM
I just played a game of Civilization III on my computer. For those that don't know, you're basically in charge of a nation and you raise it from tribal levels all the way to the present day and beyond, and you play against up to about 20 different computer nations. Anyway, usually I play cut-throat and just try to take over everyone else and they usually get pretty mad and sometimes I even die when they gang up on me. But this time I tried to be friendly to all other nations. I established open trade with them all, but I refused to form alliances with anyone, even though every other nation would ask me repeatedly for my help in fighting another nation. My citizens were easily the happiest in the world and I had the strongest armies, and in fact all of the opponent cities which surrounded me would break away from their nations and ask to join mine. I established the United Nations about 50 years faster than usual, and I was unanimously elected ruler of the world and the game was over. I'd never played a game of Civ III so quickly and peacefully in my life!

Thank you, Ron Paul!

Melissa
12-21-2007, 08:29 AM
haha see it works --glad you had fun with that

Rob
12-21-2007, 08:33 AM
I just played a game of Civilization III on my computer. For those that don't know, you're basically in charge of a nation and you raise it from tribal levels all the way to the present day and beyond, and you play against up to about 20 different computer nations. Anyway, usually I play cut-throat and just try to take over everyone else and they usually get pretty mad and sometimes I even die when they gang up on me. But this time I tried to be friendly to all other nations. I established open trade with them all, but I refused to form alliances with anyone, even though every other nation would ask me repeatedly. My citizens were easily the happiest in the world, and in fact all of the opponent cities which surrounded me would break away from their nations and ask to join mine. I established the United Nations about 50 years faster than usual, and I was unanimously elected ruler of the world and the game was over. I'd never played a game of Civ III so quickly and peacefully in my life!

Thank you, Ron Paul!

You ESTABLISHED the UN???? Ron Paul would not be very happy with you....:mad:

Haha, i know how that game works though.

MRoCkEd
12-21-2007, 08:35 AM
wow thats awesome

Andrew-Austin
12-21-2007, 08:36 AM
I just played a game of Civilization III on my computer. For those that don't know, you're basically in charge of a nation and you raise it from tribal levels all the way to the present day and beyond, and you play against up to about 20 different computer nations. Anyway, usually I play cut-throat and just try to take over everyone else and they usually get pretty mad and sometimes I even die when they gang up on me. But this time I tried to be friendly to all other nations. I established open trade with them all, but I refused to form alliances with anyone, even though every other nation would ask me repeatedly. My citizens were easily the happiest in the world, and in fact all of the opponent cities which surrounded me would break away from their nations and ask to join mine. I established the United Nations about 50 years faster than usual, and I was unanimously elected ruler of the world and the game was over. I'd never played a game of Civ III so quickly and peacefully in my life!

Thank you, Ron Paul!

Thats awesome!

I had downloaded some version of civilization through a torrent, but the controls were not to my liking using a laptop w/o mouse so I uninstalled it. Should I give it another go?

I'm sure its a functioning non-corrupt UN.

1913_to_2008
12-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Thats cool

tyler477
12-21-2007, 08:43 AM
haha i am downloading civ lV now just to try it out!!

FrankRep
12-21-2007, 08:44 AM

The problem is that if you don't establish a UN in the game, another country will. Could be just some short sidedness of the game.

RPFTW!
12-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Excellent job!

I liked civ 3 but I hate how corruption worked

Second_Tier_My_Ass
12-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Thats awesome!

I had downloaded some version of civilization through a torrent, but the controls were not to my liking using a laptop w/o mouse so I uninstalled it. Should I give it another go?

If you're into strategy type games, then absolutely. I prefer those types of games over blowing things up and killing people. Chess > Halo

kojirodensetsu
12-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Might I recommend http://www.nationstates.net/

It's pretty fun for awhile but after you start getting repeat issues it gets boring fast. Still, if you haven't played it before I highly recommend it. Basically you have a nation, and every day you're given certain issues. Your government changes depending on your answer. It's purely text based.

kylejack
12-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Congratulations, you created one-world government and sold us all into slavery! Thanks a lot!

;)

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Haha nice just shows you ron paul's strat really does work!

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I just played a game of Civilization III on my computer. For those that don't know, you're basically in charge of a nation and you raise it from tribal levels all the way to the present day and beyond, and you play against up to about 20 different computer nations. Anyway, usually I play cut-throat and just try to take over everyone else and they usually get pretty mad and sometimes I even die when they gang up on me. But this time I tried to be friendly to all other nations. I established open trade with them all, but I refused to form alliances with anyone, even though every other nation would ask me repeatedly for my help in fighting another nation. My citizens were easily the happiest in the world and I had the strongest armies, and in fact all of the opponent cities which surrounded me would break away from their nations and ask to join mine. I established the United Nations about 50 years faster than usual, and I was unanimously elected ruler of the world and the game was over. I'd never played a game of Civ III so quickly and peacefully in my life!

Thank you, Ron Paul!

Lol! Nice, except for the UN bit. :(

LFOD
12-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Cool - I love the Civ series. I'll have to try the RP strategy myself now.

DXDoug
12-21-2007, 03:17 PM
aww Great times playing civs 3 , now playing civs 4.
maybe civs 5 will have ron paul as a leader of america you can play... We should definately try and make our own history and get it a reality so future generations can play as Ron Paul the leader of the free usa

Voluntaryist
12-21-2007, 03:21 PM

Thank you, Ron Paul!

Why not Civ IV?

But yea, good job. Who woulda known that PEACE is so damn productive? :)

jgmaynard
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I used to play Alpha Centauri a lot, and I'd usually try to do it that way (I also dumped a bunch of money in to research, I know, I know), and I'd usually do pretty well.

JM

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 03:35 PM
The problem is that if you don't establish a UN in the game, another country will. Could be just some short sidedness of the game.

I forget the details but I recall a certain welfare-state-bias GIGO in the rules/engine.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

koob
12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
excellent game. ever play civ iv?

itsnobody
12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
yes Ron Paul's concepts have worked historically and also in this case in a simluation

Grandson of Liberty
12-21-2007, 04:13 PM
That sounds really stupid and dorky. :D

ronpaulyourmom
12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Man this brings back memories... must... download...

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-21-2007, 07:49 PM
LOL! That's pretty cool.