PDA

View Full Version : Trash this, I dare you!

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 07:57 AM
watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymbz6XrkXzQ then check out the prototype site at http://www.ronpaulspayday.com

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 08:02 AM
....do you double dare me??? ;)

j/k....I love your idea. It has solid reason behind it.

A solid flow of money is just common sense. A continuous project that is solid.

........I'm in.

PS - You site is spelled wrong and the link is not working..the P needs to be an R ;)

Melissa
12-21-2007, 08:07 AM
watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymbz6XrkXzQ then check out the prototype site at http://www.ponpaulspayday.com

are you in my group we are having a sign waving tommorrow

www.ronpaulfortwayne.com

FreeTraveler
12-21-2007, 08:07 AM
watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymbz6XrkXzQ then check out the prototype site at http://www.ponpaulspayday.com

Prototype Link is broken!

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 08:08 AM

it's spelled wrong..replace the P with an R....;)

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

anarchy
12-21-2007, 08:10 AM

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com

rfbz
12-21-2007, 08:16 AM
awesome

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 08:43 AM

Fixed in the main post. Guess that is what I get for using my keyboard instead of just copying it :)

unklejman
12-21-2007, 09:06 AM
who is Pon Paul? Makes me think of Pol Pot. :eek:

enjerth
12-21-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm with you on this. I tried to get a $25/week donation drive going at the beginning of the quarter but the idea didn't catch on back then. Maybe with the endorsement of the organizers of the successful money bombs you can finally make this idea work.

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 12:32 PM
I am still looking for someone to help me bring the site up to full functionality.

Melissa
12-21-2007, 12:34 PM
are you in my group we are having a sign waving tommorrow

www.ronpaulfortwayne.com

did u see this message just curious

KewlRonduderules
12-21-2007, 12:37 PM
I think this is an excellent idea. Definitely an alternative to the moneybomb concept.

I think this could work very well.

THanks for presenting it.

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 12:41 PM
did u see this message just curious

I did now, I know I haven't been active with the local meetup, but I will try my best to make the sign waving - at borders, correct. PM me if you want.

Spike
12-21-2007, 12:43 PM
this is a simple and effective idea. The money bombs are played out, were already champs in that field, we need to flip the switch and try something new and this is very creative.

Melissa
12-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I did now, I know I haven't been active with the local meetup, but I will try my best to make the sign waving - at borders, correct. PM me if you want.

haha yes you are bad -no just kidding-I am the organizer for this group so would love to have extra hands

fuzzybekool
12-21-2007, 12:47 PM
I think your idea makes sense. It is not controversial and offers a win/win for the campaign and us. Count me in.

drexhex
12-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Hehe... FSM shirt...

Highstreet
12-21-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm with you on this. I tried to get a $25/week donation drive going at the beginning of the quarter but the idea didn't catch on back then. Maybe with the endorsement of the organizers of the successful money bombs you can finally make this idea work.

Bump for the truth.

Lets Get out the Vote.

Paul has the money and support to do this now.

Minuteman
12-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Totally agree about the money bombs. I started saying the same thing after the tea party when the same day people wanted to start planning another one for January.

Craig_R
12-21-2007, 12:57 PM
A steady stream of cash is what we need. We have broken the record got the attention, now we just need to fund campaign efforts.

I shall miss the money bombs, they sure were fun.

Paul can count on my $50 bi-weekly (thats how I get paid)

francisco
12-21-2007, 12:57 PM
this is a simple and effective idea. The money bombs are played out, were already champs in that field, we need to flip the switch and try something new and this is very creative.

+1

1913_to_2008
12-21-2007, 12:58 PM
oops!

1913_to_2008
12-21-2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.bikexprt.com/massfacil/nonstandard/images/DSCF0248Concord%20speed%20hump%20small.jpg

KewlRonduderules
12-21-2007, 01:05 PM
bump

francisco
12-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Looks pretty good!

Some more ideas:

--Make the goal a weekly one

--Include goals for number of donors, and number of NEW donors

--Make the goals go up each week, to encourage outreach and growth in supporter base

webaform
12-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Great idea. I like the site as well. I guess try to hook up with the other money bomb site creators to help with further implementation of the page and process.

I'd much rather pledge to something like this at this time. There is not as much upside to the large money bomb at this time.

Zero Ice
12-21-2007, 01:22 PM
I really like this idea! I will definitely be participating in it... If you need any help with the site, I know some HTML and can help out.. E-Mail me at zeroice33@gmail.com

Good idea and go Ron Paul!

OferNave
12-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Excellent analysis, and well stated. Gotta love the free market of ideas. :)

However, please be aware that there's a brave patriot who has been championing the cause of regularly, weekly donations for months now, despite being drowned out by all the money bomb excitement:

http://ronpaulmoneybomb.com

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Excellent analysis, and well stated. Gotta love the free market of ideas. :)

However, please be aware that there's a brave patriot who has been championing the cause of regularly, weekly donations for months now, despite being drowned out by all the money bomb excitement:

http://ronpaulmoneybomb.com

I am well aware of this site. My effort is not meant to steal from this effort, but build on it and breath new life into the concept of steady weekly money to the campaign.

cicatrice
12-21-2007, 01:43 PM
*bump* Everyone needs to watch the YouTube video and check the site.

FreedomPlz
12-21-2007, 01:45 PM
I love this idea... I'll be chipping in 25-50 every friday.

mconder
12-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I still think we need to get to 20mil before the end of the month, bomb or no bomb.

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I still think we need to get to 20mil before the end of the month, bomb or no bomb.

The payday idea is not incompatible with the 20million by new years. $500,000 on friday dec 28th will go along way towards that goal. And it will get people to give their money to Dr. Paul before they blow it on booze for new years :)

therealjjj77
12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
We can have our next "Money Bomb" when Ron Paul gets the nomination. Then we can shatter our current record. However, I agree: NO MORE MONEY BOMBS UNTIL THEN!!! =D

Fyretrohl
12-21-2007, 02:02 PM
My non technical, watch from where I am, broke self opinion...

1 - End of Year Push - This needs to be a push that has daily updates. No 'bomb'. Just 'goal x', like the campaign did at the end of last quarter. Set goal 1 at $20 million. Send out daily updates to people who sign up to show where we are, how much we raised the last day, etc, etc. Include stats on unique and new donors per day and over all. This, potentially, could be carried over to the new year as a data update service, if people wanted.

2 - Paydays/Weekly pushes - I am not ENTIRELY for the single day efforts for right now. Instead, we should have weekly goals of getting at least $500 k or whatever value. Keep the progress updated. Then, maybe a weekly email showing Ron Paul's check for that week.

The idea is to not try to time things, to allow 'all' donations to count, and to keep people informed and excited about the new contributors. Also, if someone can take the recent work done to extrapolate the normal donor vs final voter count data into part of the data push, that could help as well.

wolv275
12-21-2007, 02:06 PM
bump good idea!

RonPaulJunkie
12-21-2007, 02:07 PM
nice idea! I'm in to win! This is a solid plan.

Sey.Naci
12-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Fabulous. Love the design on the site, the concept of using a cheque and no taxes deducted.

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Fabulous. Love the design on the site, the concept of using a cheque and no taxes deducted.

Thanks, that is exactly what I'm looking forward too after the income tax is abolished and I'm allowed to opt out of social security.

kojirodensetsu
12-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I like the idea of donating at a constant rate, instead of all at once.

phoenixrising
12-21-2007, 02:25 PM
skolwulf...this is a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!! ...extremely logical & well thought- bravo!

your pt. re: if we do another money bomb & don't break a record is well taken -- the press would jump all over it & distort it as losing interest.

...& after RP GETS the nomination-- i bet there would be 1 heck-of-a-surge....so a special drive at that time makes sense!!

THIS IDEA needs heavy promoting gang!!!

bclemms
12-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Count me in. I think you make excellent points and can not think of one reason it shouldn't be done.

Patrick_Henry
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm becoming broke. So, I won't sign up but I'll donate $10 each Friday. Maybe could you make that an option as well? Also, youtube experts, please start making videos for this. It's a great idea, and we need to promote this ASAP.

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm becoming broke. So, I won't sign up but I'll donate $10 each Friday. Maybe could you make that an option as well? Also, youtube experts, please start making videos for this. It's a great idea, and we need to promote this ASAP.

On of the reasons I chose $25 dollars is it the lowest selectable amount at https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ , but by all means give what you can on your payday. I want it kept low so that people don't have to stretch to bad to make the goal, participation will be much more important than the contribution value.

DirtMcGirt
12-21-2007, 03:34 PM
bump

Energy
12-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Fantastic! Count me in!

Dave Pedersen
12-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Looks very classy. Best of success.

Dax552
12-21-2007, 03:41 PM
This is the best idea yet! Brilliant!

Let's get to work on videos, etc...

ronpaulfollower999
12-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I'll be signing up.

MedicSean37
12-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm in!

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
bt

adpierce
12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
The money bomb idea has worked we broke all the single day records... now we need to plan for the long haul... you're absolutely right . The question is how do we motivate the paulites behind this idea? The idea of a money bomb is very compelling... this is a lot more low key. It also seems like less of a big deal if you skip a week or two. The idea that you could just donate twice as much next week pops into your head and when next week rolls around you realize you can't afford to donate twice as much because your kid is sick or whatever might happen. What we need with this kind of donation scheme is some kind of accountability. I've been saying for a while we need to formalize a kind of Ron Paul national supporter organization. Something where we as a body of supporters can design fundraising drives... denounce certain kinds of actions by supporters for example, those that donate under false names, or those who might make threatening statements to those in the media. We are after all the only grassroots which gets as much or more attention from the media as our candidate does.

adpierce
12-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I was just thinking... why not have a kind of meetup group congress? Meetup group members can select a person out of their group to send to a Ron Paul meetup group congress. This is how they could start to design exactly how we want to proceed the next stage of this campaign. This is where the grassroots is really happening anyways. It also encourages people to get out from behind their computers which I think is generally a good thing especially for Ron Paul supporters.

B of R guy
12-21-2007, 04:31 PM
This is an EXCELLENT idea. What if we had "sample" paychecks showing how much the income tax takes. Compare that to a modest $25.00 contribution!!

That is a great picture. The Wash Post had two libertarians write a nice piece about RP a few weeks ago and used that picture with the article.

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 04:38 PM
This is an EXCELLENT idea. What if we had "sample" paychecks showing how much the income tax takes. Compare that to a modest $25.00 contribution!!

That is a great picture. The Wash Post had two libertarians write a nice piece about RP a few weeks ago and used that picture with the article.

Not a bad idea, but I would think people already are well aware of how much money the income tax takes (I do). I'm trying to draw attention to how much it won't take if Dr. Paul's fiscal/tax ideas win out.

IChooseLiberty
12-21-2007, 04:38 PM
I totally agree with this and am onboard to make a $25 dollar donation each friday.

B of R guy
12-21-2007, 04:55 PM
The "sample" paychecks would only be for comparison purposes only. Could also post annual income levels and taxes paid.
No biggie either way. Count me in to help if you need it.

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks so much everyone for all the positive support. My original video is #8 on the top rated news and politics page for today and is already at the bottom of the weekly top rated.

european
12-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks so much everyone for all the positive support. My original video is #8 on the top rated news and politics page for today and is already at the bottom of the weekly top rated.

good ideas deserve to be supported ;)

Pete Kay
12-21-2007, 11:23 PM
This is a great idea! I think every Ron Paul supporter was let down by the lack of media coverage for our record breaking Tea Party. Since media attention was the whole point of the money bombs and the media refuses to give it to us, we need to take control of the message by buying media time. We have to do this through donations. It's the only way. 25 bucks a payday is not much. We can do this.