PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Helps the Liberty Dollar

ZandarKoad
12-21-2007, 07:34 AM
In case you haven't heard about the recent IRS raid on the Liberty Dollar, here is an email I received from them highlighting Ron Paul's help:

December 20. 2007

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters,

As the Holidays approach, I am pleased to share some good news. Yes the dark forfeiture hangs over our head but this is much to cheer about!

We just received a Christmas present from Ron Paul who introduced new legislation that mentions the "Liberty Dollar" and "asset forfeiture" in his "Free Competition in Currency Act" on 13 December 2007. WOW! Thanks Ron. Now available at:
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2007/cr121307h.htm.

A recent article in the Evansville Courier & Press headlines: "Business booming after raid". And indeed it is. As announced earlier Liberty Dollar has re-opened as Liberty Numismatics! Maybe it is just Christmas sales but it is good news for the Liberty Dollar. Read all about it at: http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/dec/17/businessboomingafter.

Do you live in New England? Dedicated to the ideals of Liberty? Want to see Ron Paul just before he wins the New Hampshire Primary? Interested in the Liberty Dollar? Please consider coming to the 2008 Liberty Forum January 4-6 in Nashua, New Hampshire. I will give the keynote address on Friday evening, January 4th. US Senator John Sununu is the keynote speaker on Saturday evening and Ron Paul will address all of us on Sunday afternoon. This is sure to be a hoot! Mention Liberty Dollar and code 2008LD for a 10% discount when you register.

Meanwhile, as I have not been arrested… yet… the Arrest Dollar is still available. Believe me… this is a very limited time offer! Please consider supporting the Liberty Dollar by getting a special Silver Liberty that is hallmarked with Handcuffs. Each Arrest Dollar also features my federally registered Mintmark. Available for $30, $20 and $15 each. All the money goes to support the Liberty Dollar.

There you have it. With a bit of luck, we should have more good news before the end of the year. Stay tuned. And please donate… business may be booming… but its costly to defend your right to use gold and silver and get your property back!

Please don't let the government steal your property!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support and your donation.

Merry Christmas & Season Greetings to all!

Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect/Editor

Click HERE to be added to future alerts.

To be removed. Send an e-mail to
remove@libertydollar.org.

torchbearer
12-21-2007, 07:40 AM
buymp

FreedomFirst
12-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm super confused about the whole Liberty dollar thing. So... you're accepting the currency you're trying to "put out of business" (the dollar) in exchange for your different "currency"? (the Liberty dollar)? Sounds kind of fishy to me. I mean, I'm all for competition in, well, everything, but this one doesn't sit right. I might feel better if you sold some jewelry or something to the Liberty dollar team for their Liberty dollars, but right now...

Malakai0
12-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm super confused about the whole Liberty dollar thing. So... you're accepting the currency you're trying to "put out of business" (the dollar) in exchange for your different "currency"? (the Liberty dollar)? Sounds kind of fishy to me. I mean, I'm all for competition in, well, everything, but this one doesn't sit right. I might feel better if you sold some jewelry or something to the Liberty dollar team for their Liberty dollars, but right now...

It shouldn't. Badnarik explains quite well how liberty dollars work in his "Constitution Class" up on google video.

They take your worthless paper money, and give you gold and silver. You want to know why, since it doesn't seem to make sense. Just remember their goal is to spread around as much gold and silver (ie real money) in private hands as possible.

All those USD they get from selling you gold&silver is then used to, you guessed it, buy more gold and silver and continue the dissemination process!

You trade paper for gold coin
they buy more gold coin off market with your paper
someone else trades paper for gold coin
repeat

Dr.3D
12-21-2007, 04:11 PM

How else can you convert U.S. dollars into another currency?
When you go to a bank in another country, you have to give them U.S. currency in order to get them to convert them to the currency of that country.

The same holds true when you wish to convert the Federal Reserve Notes to a currency of value....

FreedomFirst
12-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Ah. But why do I have to go through Liberty Numismatics to get gold and silver? I could buy gold, silver, and even platinum bullion from the US Mint or junk silver at the local coin shop in rolls, or buy gold chains on eBay, etc...

Dr.3D
12-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Ah. But why do I have to go through Liberty Numismatics to get gold and silver? I could buy gold, silver, and even platinum bullion from the US Mint or junk silver at the local coin shop in rolls, or buy gold chains on eBay, etc...

Those items are not usually used in trade as the Liberty Dollar was intended to be used. In Austin TX. a great many of the business accept Liberty Dollars in trade for their goods.