PDA

View Full Version : We need $7800 for our OWN professional polls. Visit www.TheFreedomNetwork.US

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Hey everyone,

This is an extension of the earlier thread where I said that the "professional polls" are dooming our campaign. What we came up with there was the idea of buying our own professional polls, and for $7800, we can get four polls done by a reputable polling firm--2 in NH, and 2 national polls.

In each case we will be polling from ALL Independents and from ALL Republican regardless of whether or not those people voted in the last primary--indeed, whether or not they have ever voted at all!

We are convinced this will give us, and the world (if we do our follow up work well) a much truer picture of Ron Paul's level of support than merely polling from the measly 6% of Republicans who voted in the last Republican Primary for an unopposed incumbent neocon, and NOT EVEN MENTIONING RON PAUL's NAME.

If you can spare something for this effort, please visit the chipin widget on the right side of this site: www.TheFreedomNetwork.US

Thanks everyone!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and Happy New Year!

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Notice: I am going to shamelessly bump this thread, if it doesn't get bumped by others, because I believe VERY STRONGLY in the value of this project!

Gordon
12-21-2007, 07:26 AM
The ms media won't report it. We need to keep posting other polls.

saahmed
12-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Is it a little late for this? IA is in 13 days and NH is soon after. And do the polls really matter? It is the actual vote at the real poll that matters and these are coming up very soon. We will find out what our real support is.

Revolutn
12-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Is it a little late for this? IA is in 13 days and NH is soon after. And do the polls really matter? It is the actual vote at the real poll that matters and these are coming up very soon. We will find out what our real support is.

I feel and thinking similarly.

However, there IS an argument to be made yet.... we've all heard from people we've promoted the good Dr. to that "I like him but he can't win" or similar such sentiments....and if you haven't...well then you aren't talking to people, or enough of them.

If you/we had a legitimate national poll to show his numbers at say double or triple the alleged national MSM cited poll support #'s that might draw people in just because they now consider him to be a viable candidate. As they draw in his #'s go even higher and that draws even more people in....a real snowball effect.

P.S.
Hey Steve, I knew I'd see you here eventually....surprised it took this long.
What no petition? ;)

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Listen,

This isn't the place to debates the merits or demerits. That was done on the old thread, and there was plenty of support for the idea.

WE CAN DO THIS!!, AND WE CAN GET THE MEDIA TO REPORT IT--if we do things right.

Please don't come in and nay say now. Just don't contribute if you think it has no merit.

Thanks!

GHoeberX
12-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey everyone,

This is an extension of the earlier thread where I said that the "professional polls" are dooming our campaign. What we came up with there was the idea of buying our own professional polls, and for $7800, we can get four polls done by a reputable polling firm--2 in NH, and 2 national polls.

In each case we will be polling from ALL Independents and from ALL Republican regardless of whether or not those people voted in the last primary--indeed, whether or not they have ever voted at all!

We are convinced this will give us, and the world (if we do our follow up work well) a much truer picture of Ron Paul's level of support than merely polling from the measly 6% of Republicans who voted in the last Republican Primary for an unopposed incumbent neocon, and NOT EVEN MENTIONING RON PAUL's NAME.

If you can spare something for this effort, please visit the chipin widget on the right side of this site: www.TheFreedomNetwork.US

Thanks everyone!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and Happy New Year!

I approve this message

maxbish
12-21-2007, 07:48 AM
Bold idea, but it doesn't work. How do I know? Someone did this already with Zogby, and they spun their own paid poll:

http://www.zogby.com/search/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1391

Alex Jones paid thousands of dollars for this blind poll. The results are not reported until the last paragraph. The entire article up to that point reports data pulled from the same questions Zogby directed to a specific group only. The media never reported Alex's poll even though it was done by Zogby, arguably the most recognized and respected name in polling.

And you likely never heard about this either, proving that the poll idea, while bold on the surface, is flawed because it relies on dated methods and the MSM for unbiased coverage.

Keep brainstorming, thx!

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks GH,

As soon as we have $3900, WE CAN GET THE POLLING COMPANY ROLLING! We could literally have this done by the New Year, if people contribute IN TIME FOR IOWA...but I am shooting for NH as the worst case...

hellah10
12-21-2007, 07:52 AM
we could use $7,800 in other ways...in my opinion

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Bold idea, but it doesn't work. How do I know? Someone did this already with Zogby, and they spun their own paid poll:

Alex Jones paid thousands of dollars for this blind poll. The results are not reported until the last paragraph. The entire article up to that point reports data pulled from questions Zogby added to the polling questions. The media never reported Alex's poll even though it was done by Zogby, arguably the most recognized and respected name in polling.

And you likely never heard about this either, proving that the poll idea, while bold on the surface, is flawed because it relies on dated methods and the MSM for unbiased coverage.

Keep brainstorming, thx!

Again Max, Please. This was all discussed previously. Please just don't contribute then if you don't like the idea.

Alex went with the wrong company. We are being far more careful. The poll he used was interesting, but could not be used for media purposes as NO CANDIDATES were even mentioned.

Revolutn
12-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks GH,

As soon as we have $3900, WE CAN GET THE POLLING COMPANY ROLLING! We could literally have this done by the New Year, if people contribute IN TIME FOR IOWA...but I am shooting for NH as the worst case...

Small piece of friendly advice then Steve.... if it's you or whomever controls that Chip-in make sure they login and accept the payments often.

I gave to one chip-in that all but failed under it's own management.
The graph showed $0 collected for something like 10 days because the account administrator hadn't 'accepted' the payments coming in via PayPal to finalize the transaction.

People like to give to causes with traction, so if they see your Chip-in racking up the donations and passing financial milestones they will be more likely to throw down a few bucks to help contribute to an idea that looks like a winner.

maxbish
12-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Again Max, Please. This was all discussed previously. Please just don't contribute then if you don't like the idea.

No problems, I didn't see the earlier discussion and did not know that you saw what happened with that Zogby poll so I wanted to ensue that you were aware. I did not mean to dissuade you from becoming actively involved in the fight.

Good luck & I wish you the best, even though I will not be contributing financially ;)

Cleaner44
12-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Alex Jones paid thousands of dollars for this blind poll. The results are not reported until the last paragraph. The entire article up to that point reports data pulled from the same questions Zogby directed to a specific group only. The media never reported Alex's poll even though it was done by Zogby, arguably the most recognized and respected name in polling.

Keep brainstorming, thx!

I agree, the MSM won't help us in promoting a positive poll anyway. My opinion is that the money could be better spent helping get RP votes.

Bradley in DC
12-21-2007, 08:02 AM
The official campaign is already commissioning polls.

Try to win votes, not win over the messenger.

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 09:13 AM

Please elaborate.

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 09:14 AM
No problems, I didn't see the earlier discussion and did not know that you saw what happened with that Zogby poll so I wanted to ensue that you were aware. I did not mean to dissuade you from becoming actively involved in the fight.

Good luck & I wish you the best, even though I will not be contributing financially ;)

No problem, Bud.

Thanks.

"...becoming actively involved..." LOL...have been since mid-April!

crazyfacedjenkins
12-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Use the money to canvas

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Are you guys asleep or what!?!

$7800 to break the stranglehold of the major media and their bogus polls upon the minds of the millions who love Ron Paul but have been taught to think that he can't win???

LUDICROUS>

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 09:59 AM

Try to win votes, not win over the messenger.

bump

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 11:02 AM
bump

AdoubleR
12-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Forget the MSM... I can already see this proving an important tool for US!

jake
12-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I think it would be a reasonable expenditure. Polls matter to some people.

son of liberty
12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
This was my ideahttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61445

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 11:13 AM
www.TheFreedomNetwork.US

Your chipin widget awaits you!

Thanks A MILLION guys!

fuzzybekool
12-21-2007, 11:17 AM
bump, so other people can at least weigh in and support the idea if they choose to.

fireworks_god
12-21-2007, 11:18 AM
If it isn't going to get covered in the MSM, its probably not worth the money....

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 11:23 AM
If it isn't going to get covered in the MSM, its probably not worth the money....

You don't know how aggressive I can be. I also have very good connections in NH.

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
P.S. For those who may have read Bradley's post. As far as I know the official campaign is NOT currently planning to commission their own polls. Snyder mentioned it almost 3 months ago, but there has been nothing since.

Bertrand
12-21-2007, 11:26 AM
What a horrid idea. We all know polls are BS. What the hell will a poll do? Nothing. the MSM will just say that the poll is faulty even if Paul comes out on top. I hope no one gives money to this horrible idea.

shane2
12-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Destroying the credibility of relying upon the polls is the key, even more so than sponsoring our own poll which likely would not get much press and be lost amongst all the others anyways.

We all know...

#1 - Most voters will not waste their vote on any candidate they are convinced could not win the primaries and/or could not beat the opposing parties candidate. Yes, some few do and will vote their conscious regardless, but reality is, overwhelmingly most don't.

#2 - The polls the media pushes are how the voters get the candidates supposed rankings of popularity and ultimate electability.

#3 - These polls are flawed and often grossly, if not criminally, so, but most voters do not know how badly they are being deceived in relying upon them.

#4 - If the voters knew what we know about these polls they would begin to discount and ignore them in ranking the popularity and electabilty of candidates.

#5 - If the voters knew how truly high Ron Paul would be ranked if the polls were accurate, a great many more then would both take a closer look at his message and many more then would also vote for him, perhaps twice or more as many!

#6 - Going into Iowa and NH primaries, no single event could more dramatically impact to the upside Ron Paul's % of the vote than our accomplishing #4 & #5 above.

Therefore, if this is not already a project being aggressively addressed elsewhere, I'm proposing we make it the highest priority to develop the following to do so immediately now to impact the Iowa and NH primaries:

Whether it is delivered to the voters in Iowa & NH via inserts or full page ads in newspapers, TV, radio, direct mail, handouts, email, etc., it will need a very bold title to cut throw all the clutter and voter burnout, something along the lines of:

IF THE POLLS HAD BEEN MISLEADING YOU,
WOULD YOU WANT TO FIND OUT NEXT WEEK,
AFTER VOTING, OR NOW BEFORE YOU DO?!?

The body of text, following the title above, would cover these four main points:

#1 - Short list of past examples of those low in early primary polls later doing much better in votes.

#2 - Why polls often get it so wrong; sampling size, cell phones, new voters, independents, candidates left off, etc.

#3 - Example of this disconnect specifically regarding Ron Paul between polls and reality; RP straw polls, underreported historic record-breaking fundraising and meet-up groups showing immense grassroots support, left out of polls, etc.

#4 - Invite them to check out RP to see his positions for themselves that are so much more popular than polls may have led them to think, now that they have been shown both that polls are faulty, often fail to predict winners, and that RP is truly a very popular, viable, and electable candidate.

I'm convinced that many voters, once they discover that Ron Paul truly has great support and momentum, regardless of what polls say, will both then take a closer look at his positions to see why, and that many of them will then embrace and support him when they do. And, amongst those who already liked much of what they've heard about him, but had written him off as being unelectable, will reconsider.

Destroying the credibility of relying upon the polls is the key, even more so than sponsoring our own poll which likely would not get much press and be lost amongst all the others anyways.

We've all worked very hard to raise money and visibility and recruit support for Ron Paul and his message and there is tremendous momentum and IF the polls were accurate they would reflect that, but they are not and thus fewer see RP as a viable and electable candidate and look no further and will not consider him for their vote.

We have both earned and deserve a proper representation, via the polls, of how well we've done and, failing that, we need to have voters be made aware of it.

This project above, IMO, is the single most important and essential strategy that will substantially raise the % of votes that Ron Paul will receive in Iowa and NH.

After those primaries, the actual vote count will erode the public's faith and reliance on polls, but until then voters will continue to rely upon them and vote only for the top contenders according to the polls, IF we fail to take this issue on and make this project our top priority for the next two weeks!

Make sense?

- Shane

P.S. - I'd be willing to substantially help fund making this happen IF there are leaders on the ground in Iowa and NH that can and would execute it there. Pass this onto anyone up there that might want to explore doing this. PM me if interested.

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 11:37 AM

I couldn't agree more. This project is a relatively cheap first step towards that end.

Your ideas are AWESOME!

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 11:39 AM
What a horrid idea. We all know polls are BS. What the hell will a poll do? Nothing. the MSM will just say that the poll is faulty even if Paul comes out on top. I hope no one gives money to this horrible idea.

Now that is constructive. This is a GREAT IDEA, and we have the people in NH to make sure that you are wrong.

Joe3113
12-21-2007, 11:50 AM
This is an excellent idea!!

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Thank you CurlZ!

homah
12-21-2007, 12:35 PM
bump

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Donations are coming in now!

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 03:48 PM
bump

RoamZero
12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
The ms media won't report it. We need to keep posting other polls.

I still think its a good idea because at least WE'D know better where we stand. The grassroots anecdotal guestimates of our potential turn-out are nice but I'd like to see something more solid. I also wonder why the official campaign, now that its brimming with cash, doesn't do some polls.

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 04:02 PM
I still think its a good idea because at least WE'D know better where we stand. The grassroots anecdotal guestimates of our potential turn-out are nice but I'd like to see something more solid. I also wonder why the official campaign, now that its brimming with cash, doesn't do some polls.

My guess is they know that it wouldn't get any publicity were it paid for by the campaign. However, a bunch of private citizens banding together to buy one raises a few less eyebrows.

trey4sports
12-21-2007, 04:03 PM
personally, i think the money could be used more productively on TV ads and the blimp. i dont neccessarily dislike the idea but were overstreched on projects as it is and i dont think this is as important. who is actually gonna believe our polls over the beloved media polls? i just think this is a project that wont do enough especially with the money it costs

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
personally, i think the money could be used more productively on TV ads and the blimp. i dont neccessarily dislike the idea but were overstreched on projects as it is and i dont think this is as important. who is actually gonna believe our polls over the beloved media polls? i just think this is a project that wont do enough especially with the money it costs

$7800 is CHEAP for these FOUR polls.

It will return an immense risk/reward ratio, because we WILL get the word out, and at the very least, we will know, internally, where we really stand.

trey4sports
12-21-2007, 04:28 PM
where will the polls be shown? i mean if its only online it seems like a waste because the grassroots already knows the media polls are biased, and if the MSM doesnt pickup the polls then we havent reached a new area of voters to persuade..?

RonPaulVolunteer
12-21-2007, 05:23 PM
We don't need accurate polling. It might scare the others into action. Just get out and vote and drag ALL your friends and family along to the polls.

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 05:45 PM
where will the polls be shown?

We will be targeting the Concord Monitor the Manchester Union Leader and the Nashua Telegram in NH, along with NH Public Radio.

Nationally we will be going after Tucker Carlson of MSNBC, Wolf Blitzer (Jack Cafferty) of CNN.

Look, it's $7800....not $7.8 million. It will be money very well spent!

Also, the time-effectiveness travels well Beyond NH, because it will show how biased the polls have been during the whole lead up. This could have a big impact on all succeeding primaries.

jgmaynard
12-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I've been wanting to see this for a while. What sort of methodology is being used?

JM

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 06:00 PM
I've been wanting to see this for a while. What sort of methodology is being used?

JM

Thanks for your interest Jg.

All the final details are not yet established however, I would refer you to this thread:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3953021 where the initial discussions began, including the quote from the polling company.

There were some great suggestions on page 6 of this thread also, from a poster named AceNZ which we plan to incorporate elements of:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60158&page=6

Do you have additional suggestions to offer? We are certainly open to suggestions.

thanks again!

dc74rp
12-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Why don't we all just take over Zogby polls instead? They already have a reputation and attention.

http://interactive.zogby.com/pollregistration/registration/index.cfm?refsite=sb

Zogby Interactive Survey (ZIS) will allow you to voice your opinions from anywhere within the United States, online. ZIS combines the latest trends in technology with Zogby International's record of success and technical expertise in the field of public opinion research.

With a simple click of a button, you too can join the millions of respondents who have taken Zogby International surveys.

For years we've heard from you asking "Why don't you ever call me?" - Well, now, with the advancement of the Internet, you have the opportunity to let your opinion be known with the click of a button.

SteveMartin
12-21-2007, 10:07 PM
What do you mean "take the over?" Not to mention, they are at least 3 times the cost for the same set of 4 polls.

dc74rp
12-22-2007, 02:48 AM
What do you mean "take the over?" Not to mention, they are at least 3 times the cost for the same set of 4 polls.

I don't mean we pay Zogby.

I mean we get Zogby to ask us, and we answer thier questions. If the problem is that Paul supporters aren't being asked, because of not having land lines or whatever, we can fix that by registering with Zogby so they start asking us.

Based on how Paul is doing well in the debate polls and straw polls, he ought to have enough support to register with Zogby and bring his numbers up.

It would be free to us except some time.

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 05:12 AM
I don't mean we pay Zogby.

I mean we get Zogby to ask us, and we answer thier questions. If the problem is that Paul supporters aren't being asked, because of not having land lines or whatever, we can fix that by registering with Zogby so they start asking us.

Based on how Paul is doing well in the debate polls and straw polls, he ought to have enough support to register with Zogby and bring his numbers up.

It would be free to us except some time.

Oh, I see.

Well, are we going to count on them doing anything before IA or NH?

Are we going to count on them EVER giving out the real story about the breadth and depth of RP's real support at any time during the primary season?

What are the %age chances they'd do either?

I'd rather raise the $7800 and know the poll was done correctly, and reported fairly.

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 07:06 AM
3 times this morning alone on TV, I have heard already various people talk about RP, and mention that the polls show that his fund raising successes and vibrant grassroots support are illusionary because the polls show that he can't win.

PEOPLE...THE MSM ONLY HAS THESE POLLS TO LIE TO THE PEOPLE WITH. IF this project is successful, they will have NOTHING left!

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 07:44 AM
bump

hasan
12-22-2007, 07:53 AM
where do we stand regarding the poll?

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 08:01 AM
where do we stand regarding the poll?

1.3% raised in the first 24 hours.

We really need that pace to pick up if we are going to get the full $7800 in time for NH.

hasan
12-22-2007, 08:20 AM
should we message the meetups in NH know about this? here has to be some way of promoting it outside the forums

Man from La Mancha
12-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Save the money the only poll that counts is the primaries.

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 08:25 AM
should we message the meetups in NH know about this? here has to be some way of promoting it outside the forums

Absolutely!! All publicity for this is GOOD publicity.

Thanks, Hasan. Please let me know if you complete that, and thanks so much for bringing it up.

hasan
12-22-2007, 08:41 AM
im not part of the NH meetups but i messaged the meetup i am part of.

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 08:56 AM
im not part of the NH meetups but i messaged the meetup i am part of.

Hasan,

You do not need to be a member of a particular meetup to send them an email. Meetup limits you to 10 such emails per day, but what I would suggest you do is go to Google, and type in: "NH" (or "New Hampshire") and "RonPaul.meetup.com," then write down the meetup numbers of all the meetups you find in that state.

Then, you simply go and put the Ron Paul address for the group in your "send to" box, with commas between the various addresses.

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 09:10 AM
So far: 7 donors, $135, 1.7% complete.

wfd40
12-22-2007, 09:14 AM
anyone else thinking we should've taken half of that 6.1 million and used it to fund our own grassroots projects ??

lol

nothing like this is going to fly anymore.. the grassroots is totally tapped out. Meanwhile, HQ is "figuring out ways to spend it"

oy vey!

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Fortunately, the grassroots is expanding by thousands of members daily, many of whom have never given anything for any project yet.

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 11:26 AM
bump

Oliver
12-22-2007, 11:34 AM
He's pretty stubborn, isn't he?

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the bump, Oliver!

Oliver
12-22-2007, 11:42 AM

It's UNrealistic!

And I don't trust this guy with his "Business Plan"
that is nothing but crap.

Either he's endlessly naive or it's a fraud - IMHO.

Kotin
12-22-2007, 11:47 AM
bump

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Oliver,

If this were 1850s, the code duello would be invoked at about this juncture.

IT IS VERY REALISTIC. We can easily get this done and the word out to the important papers in New Hampshire where the folks have been listening to rigged polls all this time.

You're probably a punk kid with nothing better to do than look for other's ideas to tear down. I've seen your type many times before.

For your information, I was there when this revolution began, and am coordinator of one of the earliest meetup groups in the country (#17). I led the cheers at the first large rally of the campaign at the CNN debates back in May. I have been a supporter of Ron Paul since the early 90s. I am a published author with 27 years of political experience dating back to BEFORE Reagan. But keep up your whining. You are helping to draw attention to the project, and that's what counts.

But, hey, thanks for the bump!

SteveMartin
12-22-2007, 12:31 PM
bump

SteveMartin
12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
b.

TooConservative
12-23-2007, 04:27 PM
The privately commissioned Zogby polls, as opposed to his more widely published general polls, don't seem to sway anyone.

Zogby does these for anyone. And they always turn out just the way the customer wants. I think Alex Jones did one a while back.

Buying a vanity poll is a little like publishing a vanity book. Not regarded as the real thing even if "real polls" and "real books" have a lot of artifice in their production as well.

There are better ways for the grassroots to get the message out. Lots of them.

TooConservative
12-23-2007, 04:30 PM
nothing like this is going to fly anymore.. the grassroots is totally tapped out. Meanwhile, HQ is "figuring out ways to spend it"

oy vey!

If Ron Paul can't assemble a staff and produce a plan to use it well, he probably shouldn't become president.

These campaigns are a test of organizational leadership and strength, not just rating someone's speech and policy ideas.

Ron Paul has run many upset elections, never been defeated. I'm content to wait. You can only buy so many blimps anyway.

PatriotOne
12-23-2007, 04:32 PM
The campaign has plenty of money to pay for their own polls now if they think they are necessary. Like someone else said, the MSM wouldn't report on it anyway so it woud be money down the drain.

The campaign is probably already doing polls to check where they need to concentrate on.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:33 PM
*Ohnoes!*

The Steve Martins are back asking for money.

Didn't you forget to *bump* the FOXMSNBC rivalry-thread as well?

RichardC
12-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Speaking of Zogby polls, did you guys see this quote from John Zogby himself? He wrote his viewpoint on all the Repubs a couple days ago and published it to their website. This is what he had to say about RP:

Ron Paul: He's going to do better than anyone expects. Look to Paul to climb into the double-digits in Iowa. Why? He's different, he stands out. He's against the war and he has the one in four Republicans who oppose the war all to himself. Libertarianism is hot, especially among free-market Republicans and 20-somethings. And he's an appealing sort of father figure. He's his own brand. All he needs to do is beat a couple of big names in Iowa, then New Hampshire is friendlier territory. After all, the state motto is "Live Free or Die."

He had this to say about Fred Thompson:

Fred Thompson: I've never seen the point of his candidacy. I still don't get it. There are some who suggest that he's caught some fire and he could come in second or third place in Iowa, as Huckabee or Romney fades. But right now, his candidacy has all the qualities of Baltic Avenue in a Republican sea of St. Charles Places. (Note: If Thompson wins the nomination, my comments here are for entertainment purposes only.)

Sounds to me like he gives Paul better odds than Thompson. In essence he's saying its a 5 or 6 way race, including RP, not as a spoiler or 3rd party, but someone who he seems to believe has a real shot at gaining momentum in Iowa. He even said he's expecting him to move into double digits.

This is what he had to say about the rest of them:

Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, and Alan Keyes are also running and they have no chance.

Notice he didnt lump RP into that category =)

Here's the article link, you may have to register to read it (not sure).

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1405

TooConservative
12-23-2007, 05:34 PM
He's his own brand

I liked that description. Better than "He's really catching on".

SteveMartin
12-23-2007, 08:25 PM
The campaign has plenty of money to pay for their own polls now if they think they are necessary. Like someone else said, the MSM wouldn't report on it anyway so it woud be money down the drain.

The campaign is probably already doing polls to check where they need to concentrate on.

A poll paid for by the campaign would be totally useless. A poll paid for with private money would work wonders.

Ncturnal
12-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Obligatory F U Frank post. The poll would be a waste of time and money.

Leslie Webb
12-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I think we need to know how we are doing, regardless of what the MSM polls say. How strong are we in Iowa and NH? Where do we need to push? What areas of these states are we weak in? Are we really at 10%, 20, 30% or more among likely voters in these states? Who supports us most in these states?

We need to know where to target our advertising, letter writing, rallies, and other promotions. We also know need to know who we should target. A poll would give us this information. If it is too late for Iowa or New Hampshire, let's do it for South Carolina. Ask a few questions about the blimp, too.

Ruby Justice
12-24-2007, 09:48 PM
++1

SteveMartin
12-26-2007, 09:18 AM
13 donors, $910, 11.7% complete. We need the rest by 1/4/08!

ChipIn at: www.TheFreedomNetwork.US

Ncturnal
12-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Complete waste of money. In a matter of days the results from the primaries will be starting. Polls don't mean anything and if they did none of us would be on this forum.

american.swan
12-27-2007, 05:58 AM
I think we need to know how we are doing, regardless of what the MSM polls say. How strong are we in Iowa and NH? Where do we need to push? What areas of these states are we weak in? Are we really at 10%, 20, 30% or more among likely voters in these states? Who supports us most in these states?

We need to know where to target our advertising, letter writing, rallies, and other promotions. We also know need to know who we should target. A poll would give us this information. If it is too late for Iowa or New Hampshire, let's do it for South Carolina. Ask a few questions about the blimp, too.

I am unsure about this thread topic, but I really like the above post.