PDA

View Full Version : Blimp Money Bomb Now

expatinireland
12-21-2007, 04:14 AM
The Blimp needs circa $95,000 today to achieve its $400,000 goal allowing it to stay in the air through the end of the early primaries.

Voters who only come on board when they believe a candidate has a chance of winning will look at the blimp failure as a sign of weakness and we can count on the Old Media to do their best to spin things negatively.

It is imperative that the blimp is retired on our terms after a successful run, not due to a failure in fund-raising.

Please give today.

damon04
12-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Blimp!!!!!

FireofLiberty
12-21-2007, 04:23 AM
Save the Blimp is the new Save the Whales.

electronicmaji
12-21-2007, 04:26 AM
have we thought about taking out a loan for the blimp?

kylejack
12-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Blimpin ain't easy.

tsetsefly
12-21-2007, 04:32 AM
if they accepted credit card donations or paypal this wouldn't be an issue...

goldstandard
12-21-2007, 05:14 AM
KEEP THE BLIMP IN THE AIR!
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/images/sightings/102_1290.jpg

kaleidoscope eyes
12-21-2007, 05:37 AM
well, if they were allowed to accept purchases from our people across the pond I'm pretty sure THAT would make the issue go away fast.

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 05:41 AM
Go Blimp:D

defcreative
12-21-2007, 06:09 AM

Wait. WTF, they are having trouble with their CC processing!?

And YES, they NEED to have PayPal functionality.

Seriously, what are they thinking...

constituent
12-21-2007, 06:35 AM
<snip>

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Go Blimp:D

jrich4rpaul
12-21-2007, 07:10 AM
I live in MA. I havn't seen the blimp yet :( Please help! I donated today :)

expatinireland
12-21-2007, 07:18 AM

The Google account is a snap to set up. It takes less than a minute if you have your credit card in front of you. They take Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.

kimosabi
12-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Shaemlessly Pimpin the Blimp...

bucfish
12-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Got Blimp?

Donate TODAY I did!~

bulloncoins
12-21-2007, 08:52 AM

Falling on deaf ears.....

I guess they know better than us.

shadow26
12-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I live in MA. I havn't seen the blimp yet :( Please help! I donated today :)

Weather is lousy in New England...lots of low clouds. As a matter of fact; the whole country seems to be under clouds today...yuck.

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Falling on deaf ears.....

I guess they know better than us.

Google check out does take credit cards and if they use Pay Pal the would be paying close to $16000 (4%) in fees...pay pal is the worst ..

If you have a pay pal account...then you probably have a credit card..and if you do, you can use Google checkout and will not cost you near as much as Pay Pal would. ;)

smokinjoev
12-21-2007, 09:51 AM
They do accept CC donations. I used mine with no prob through google checkout.

bulloncoins
12-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Google check out does take credit cards and if they use Pay Pal the would be paying close to $16000 (4%) in fees...pay pal is the worst ..

If you have a pay pal account...then you probably have a credit card..and if you do, you can use Google checkout and will not cost you near as much as Pay Pal would. ;)

I have purchased time from the blimp.

Many people have made it obvious they will not until paypal or direct credit card payments are accepted. Businesses all over America have to decide if they will pay fees or not to process their transactions. This is a business, and they will have to make that choice. Bottom line, the free market will decide if the blimp stays up.

If not paying a processing fees means more to the people running the company than selling ad time to keep it in the air, then the blimp will be no more. Its their company, and their right to decide what will be.

texasliberty
12-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm pretty skeptical of this idea that there's a large amount of donations out there that they won't get because they don't take PayPal; I think this is one of those forum red herrings. Most people who use PayPal don't store money in it, they just use it as a credit card system, which is pretty much exactly what the existing Google Checkout does now. I've made multiple ad time purchases through the google cart; it's no harder than any other cart. The Blimp people have said (several times now) that the issue with PayPal was very high fees and they freeze your account if too much money comes in too fast, which pretty much takes it off the table for Blimp use. It's not gonna happen.

If you seriously want to donate money, just donate it with a credit card through the google cart, it works fine. For those who are never going to purchase ad time, please stop pretending it's because of lack of PayPal support. Like that guy who claimed he would make a $600 purchase but backed off because they don't take PayPal transfers? (rolls eyes). That's so BS. Someone who was really gonna buy $600 of ad time would buy it and hit my matching thread while they could to make it $1200. That's just talk.

C'mon, serious people! Run the card, then make sure to post your receipt on the matching thread for double adtime purchase! :)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58747

alieas007
12-21-2007, 11:15 AM
C'mon, serious people! Run the card, then make sure to post your receipt on the matching thread for double adtime purchase! :)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58747

Yeah, at first I was like. Damn, another checkout account? But after I thought about it - its good that PayPal has competition... and it was easier to set up than I thought.

Do it for the blimp!