PDA

View Full Version : New donors spike

voytechs
12-21-2007, 03:28 AM
Did anyone notice that we got 5,000 new donors since Monday? TeaParty ended with just over 24,000 new donors within a week, and by Friday we have over 29,000. Thats a gain of 5,000 new donors, after the tea party.

That is a significant number, people are discovering Ron Paul in greater numbers than ever before. I have personally converted several friends that went online and donated this week, all were very aware of the TeaParty and just blown away by what happened on that day. These money bombs are better publicity than anyone could have ever imagined. They really fill in the void of the lack of luster in the polls and give credibility to the campaign.

I must say, my friends and many other are going online and viewing our favorite YouTube videos which really seal the deal. I suspect the viewer counts on those videos are also gonna go through the roof.

hellah10
12-21-2007, 03:34 AM
ive noticed the samething... it seems like its nothing but new donors from here on out

check it

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/text_stats.html

31 donors today.... all brand spanking new!

voytechs
12-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Considering 1 in 1000 gives money (I don't know the actual ratio, just pulling that number out of my ass), thats amazing. Consider 31 donors just today as hellah10 mentioned, Romney got what 120 people to donate $30 to his "BIG" money bomb over several days. We're 1/4 way there in 4 hrs on a regular day.

terryp
12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
The % of new donors for the last several days has been between
94% and 98% which should really benefit us in the coming weeks.

LukeNM
12-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Bump...

newbitech
12-21-2007, 07:54 PM
yes but can Ron Paul translate this into votes come primary time... and if he is REALLY getting all of this new support how come he is polling so low... and if he doesn't win the Rep Nom will he run third party... and how do we know these aren't really newly converted KKK members... allegedly but since this is the first truly transparent fund raising in history there is no proof that he really did get that money.

/sarcasm

beautiful! I love the new widget and thought that the most important thing that happened on Dec. 16th was that nearly 60k people donated with 25k being first time donors to the campaign. This is truly remarkable and is the future of polling and politics!!! Viva la Revolution!

rich34
12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Money is money and like Ron done said, if they send him money knowing he don't support their views then it's their loss. He does support freedom which to me appeals to everybody no matter what your afflilation!

lx43
12-21-2007, 07:58 PM
How do you know its new donors instead of old ones? just curious

voytechs
12-21-2007, 08:04 PM
How do you know its new donors instead of old ones? just curious

It all goes into a database. They can very easily query the database and generate reports. I do it all the time. Its quiet easy to get a list or count of people that are unique in the database for specific time periods. Its a simple SQL query since they have that kind of detail.

newbitech
12-21-2007, 08:05 PM
It all goes into a database. They can very easily query the database and generate reports. I do it all the time. Its quiet easy to get a list or count of people that are unique in the database for specific time periods. Its a simple SQL query since they have that kind of detail.

and they post it in the widget, just use the arrow keys under the $$$

Eli
12-21-2007, 08:18 PM
new donors today: 248
and we just topped 18.5 million

amazing! I'm sure there'll be one last major push before the end of the month. Hopefully we can top 20million. That noted, lets keep recruiting people like our country depended on it :)

louisiana4liberty
12-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I tend to believe that once you're a Ron Paul supporter there is no turning back.

I've converted quite a few peeps during the past few months. I think the message is so good that you naturally want to spread the message. There is real value in freedom.

Menthol Patch
12-21-2007, 08:37 PM
We need to all support the end of the year money bomb!

1913_to_2008
12-21-2007, 08:41 PM
AMAZING......AMAZING...Even if it's 1-500 that is huge. I mean how many people are moved to just donate money....WOWZERZ!!!!!!!

Most people simply do not donate to politicians.

parke
12-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Let me tell you..

Im in Columbus for the holidays. Everybody I know is already hip to Ron Paul. Im not kidding.. I got here with stickers and everybody wanted yard signs. 2 have donated $100.

Its a truly awesome. The buzz is out there.

Menthol Patch
12-21-2007, 08:44 PM
new donors today: 248
and we just topped 18.5 million

amazing! I'm sure there'll be one last major push before the end of the month. Hopefully we can top 20million. That noted, lets keep recruiting people like our country depended on it :)

We need to spread the word far and wide about the Dec. 31st money bomb!

rp08orbust
12-21-2007, 08:48 PM

As easy as the SQL is, errors do happen. 95%-98% new donors this weeks seems a tad high.

Jodi
12-21-2007, 08:49 PM
yes but can Ron Paul translate this into votes come primary time...

I have given my hard earned money to this campaign...you can bet your butt I'm gonna vote!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi's mom
12-22-2007, 12:17 PM
It's too bad Glenn Beck didn't say at the close of his program, "And if you like what you've heard here tonight, you can go online at www.ronpaul2008.com and donate to Congressman Paul's campaign....or here's his mailing address where you can send a donation if you don't have a computer." BUT, NO!!!

AgentPaul001
12-22-2007, 12:38 PM
The best part about the new donors is the majority are coming from key primary states like New Hampshire and Nevada. The advertising is paying for itself :P

Not so much from Iowa and Michigan, but they're still mid-range.

peter_lifton
12-22-2007, 12:44 PM
As easy as the SQL is, errors do happen. 95%-98% new donors this weeks seems a tad high.

My theory is that all the existing donors donated on the 16th, then all the new people find out about it and go online to donate over the next few days.

RonPaulIsGreat
12-22-2007, 01:02 PM

I'm surprised more by the number of repeat donors most of the time. I mean it's better to donate large sums, than small if you intend to max out, or for whatever reason. Why? well all the credit card processors, charge percentage of the charge, plus a fee for every transaction. The larger the dollar amount the less the fixed fee eats into the donation, also sometimes the percentage costs for processing goes down with larger transactions. Point is from a financial perceptive it makes more since to donate once, or twice, versus 10 times. You end up giving the processor less money. And no one cares about repeat donors anyway, it's new donors that are the life blood of donor counts. So, you'd be just pissing away a quite alot of money on the large scale to donate weekly at 25 dollars, instead of saving it to donate a 1000.00 at once.

Just saying I'd think it should always be at least 85%+ new donors except for money bombs, why donate small all the time and waste money processing? It just doesn't make sense to me.