PDA

View Full Version : Funding the Ron Paul Blimp and Operation NH

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 02:08 AM
Ron Paul HQ us supporters donated 18 million this quarter, please help our projects out with contributing the necessary donations to keep them alive! I know many of us are strapped for cash and going broke over donating to this project, that project, the three money bombs and so on.

From what I've seen the RP staff hasn't been doing enough to run ads and stuff. We need more than just the 30 minute documentary, we need these projects to stay alive and it's going to be very hard at the rate we're going.

I understand that grassroots is an extremely influential part of this campaign, but we expect the money that we donated to be spent - and even better, on the projects that we all support, not just what the campaign staff thinks is "good." Ron Paul Blimp and Operation NH (and others) are all grassroots funded but they are running out of money at this current rate!

Is it not possible for the campaign itself to help chip in to some of these projects? I think it's about 100,000 for the blimp and around 50,000 for operation NH.

tropicangela
12-21-2007, 02:10 AM
There is a lot of money to be spent, and Dr. Paul has even said they are having a hard time figuring out what to do with it... grassroots has some projects going on that need help! It is Christmas and we are tapped out.

electronicmaji
12-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Why can't we let the campaign focus on its own tv commercials and focus on the blimp; thats the only thing I can't see the campaign doing.

AlexAmore
12-21-2007, 02:13 AM
I honestly think operationnh.com seems more important than the blimp. More people are watching TV than outside looking into the sky. I don't know where the blimp is right now, but the operationh ads are targeting early states. Even if the blimp were to target the early states nobody would be outside because of the insane snow and coldness (at least in NH).

Operationnh has really good ads too and I would like to see them in NH

Ronin
12-21-2007, 02:17 AM
Why can't we let the campaign focus on its own tv commercials and focus on the blimp; thats the only thing I can't see the campaign doing.

Because we have to pick up the slack for HQ . I don't want to HQ bash, but have you seen some of the ads?? They are terrible and reports on the ground are they aren't getting any airtime anyways. BTW, welcome to the boards. Be sure to join your local meetup group.

tomveil
12-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Because we have to pick up the slack for HQ . I don't want to HQ bash, but have you seen some of the ads?? They are terrible and reports on the ground are they aren't getting any airtime anyways. BTW, welcome to the boards. Be sure to join your local meetup group.

The new ones look much better. The big ad campaign just got started, I'm sure they'll do fine. We can just do things a lot faster than the can :)

scandinaviany3
12-21-2007, 02:56 AM
This sounds like last months discussions all over again.

I agree on the fact that we need to fund tv ads for now and do a great job at them.

The defender of freedom is the first professional quality ad i have saw from the campaign.

We can not be sure how people will sway there vote if we arent vying for it every chance we can get.

TV ads do this, door to door, paper mail, etc.

Also PR ideas like the blimp get peoples attention.

I do think that at this time until Mid Jan the campaign is set and only needs std levels of donors.

We need our other moneys to let our creativity make the difference.

Ronin
12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
The new ones look much better. The big ad campaign just got started, I'm sure they'll do fine. We can just do things a lot faster than the can :)

Yes, I agree. The ones they just released are MUCH better. Thank goodness!

michaelwise
12-21-2007, 10:43 AM
There is a lot of money to be spent, and Dr. Paul has even said they are having a hard time figuring out what to do with it... grassroots has some projects going on that need help! It is Christmas and we are tapped out.Everybody Love the Blimp.

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 03:16 PM
bump, no one has really answered my question - is it not possible for ron paul's HQ to spend some of our donations for these projects to stay alive?

JustBcuz
12-21-2007, 03:21 PM
bump, no one has really answered my question - is it not possible for ron paul's HQ to spend some of our donations for these projects to stay alive?

No,

If the campaign spent $$$ on those projects the FEC would be on it like in a millisecond.

Not legal. Sorry. :mad:

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I see. Ugh, I never knew about these weird laws. So if the grassroots starts a project, the campaign can't help it out? And the campaign can't start these kinds of projects?

amy31416
12-21-2007, 03:52 PM
I honestly think operationnh.com seems more important than the blimp. More people are watching TV than outside looking into the sky. I don't know where the blimp is right now, but the operationh ads are targeting early states. Even if the blimp were to target the early states nobody would be outside because of the insane snow and coldness (at least in NH).

Operationnh has really good ads too and I would like to see them in NH

I agree completely. If I donate anywhere it'll be to operation NH. I think the blimp is nice, it got us coverage, but it's kind of gimmicky anymore. We need more solid support and that's where any remaining money I have will go.

I've been asking for a while for some leadership to come up out of the grassroots campaign. A group of people to try to organize a bit. There's so many money bombs, chip-ins, projects, actions we need to take and a few significant failures by the official campaign that could be better addressed by a relatively small group of very savvy, professional supporters, that would report to us, after deliberation, what they think should be focused on.

Of course the grassroots has the power to say no and do whatever they want. It's just that there's no focus. If I go by all the posts I read, I should have given what remains of my money to donate to all of the following: the blimp, the chip-ins, this Friday, right now, wait until 12/31, I should be in NH and Iowa, and calling people, etc. etc.

Anybody else?

enjerth
12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I see. Ugh, I never knew about these weird laws. So if the grassroots starts a project, the campaign can't help it out? And the campaign can't start these kinds of projects?

Actually, as I understand it, the blimp is run by a separate advertising agency which was created for the purpose of the blimp.

Are people suggesting that Ron Paul campaign can't spend it's money on this advertising agency?

traviskicks
12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Blimp sighting!!!
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/1942904/posts?page=22#22

I gotta run, can someone pass this on?

manny
12-21-2007, 04:05 PM
I still think Ron is waiting for the right moment to pounce and then he'll use the money wisely and effectively.

He knows we can't rewind the last 6 months and run lots of softly softly ads or just "building name recognition" stuff and become a media front-runner or get a sense of inevitability like Hillary and Rudy had (but it's gone for them anyway so we need not fret)... so the alternative is to hit them hard with stuff they notice. I read that he has used such an approach in Texas with lots of success.

Grassroots funding blimp and operationNH is great and will build up his name recognition and knowledge of his positions. I think we should trust the campaign to sort out their end and we just concentrate on the grassroots.

I still believe door-to-door is the most effective way to spread the word if we have enough people.

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I agree completely. If I donate anywhere it'll be to operation NH. I think the blimp is nice, it got us coverage, but it's kind of gimmicky anymore. We need more solid support and that's where any remaining money I have will go.

I've been asking for a while for some leadership to come up out of the grassroots campaign. A group of people to try to organize a bit. There's so many money bombs, chip-ins, projects, actions we need to take and a few significant failures by the official campaign that could be better addressed by a relatively small group of very savvy, professional supporters, that would report to us, after deliberation, what they think should be focused on.

Of course the grassroots has the power to say no and do whatever they want. It's just that there's no focus. If I go by all the posts I read, I should have given what remains of my money to donate to all of the following: the blimp, the chip-ins, this Friday, right now, wait until 12/31, I should be in NH and Iowa, and calling people, etc. etc.

Anybody else?

I think you've got a good point about the grassroots thing needing to come up with a couple of leaders. The only problem is that primaries are getting nearer and nearer and we have very little time. We must vote quickly for a team of dedicated professionals... perhaps we should start up a thread asking for people to submit their resumes by tonight, then tomorrow as a community we take votes on the people we want, and then let them start planning stuff out in response to us. Instead of having a bajillion different ideas floating around out there, each with no real support.

mokkan88
12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
As per the request of members of OLFoD, don't spend any more third-party money in New Hampshire. The only suggested course of action were letter-writing campaigns. Aside from that, there is already a high presence of Ron Paul supporters. The campaign is at the point now where there is too much Ron Paul floating around.

Man from La Mancha
12-21-2007, 06:55 PM
As per the request of members of OLFoD, don't spend any more third-party money in New Hampshire. The only suggested course of action were letter-writing campaigns. Aside from that, there is already a high presence of Ron Paul supporters. The campaign is at the point now where there is too much Ron Paul floating around.
Will you please post a link to that effect, I don't believe there is ever to much unless every person in NH has been personally contacted. The only thing they object too is the robo calls that are bothering people and might be set up by Ron's opponents. I think your making a false claim.

shadow26
12-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Blimp sighting!!!
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/1942904/posts?page=22#22

I gotta run, can someone pass this on?

Scroll down to see a pic of the Ron Paul blimp in a few days...LOL!