PDA

View Full Version : Why not a r[EVOL]ution Party?

jasonoliver
12-21-2007, 01:15 AM
My biggest worry is this freedom movement will fade or go 1000 ways after Ron Paul.

I don't think that the movement will transfer to the Libertarian party. I think we need a r[EVOL]ution Party and field candidates in every district of America on the Ron Paul platform!

InRonWeTrust
12-21-2007, 01:17 AM
hehe, sounds good. :)

and the party can have an actual PARTY once a year... kegs, weed, bands...

RP-Republican
12-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Or we could just take back the Republican Party replace the corporate owned bureaucrats with Ron Paul Republicans.

hawkeyenick
12-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Or we could just take back the Republican Party replace the corporate owned bureaucrats with Ron Paul Republicans.

and remove restrictions on third parties...allowing a true free market of ideas to flourish in the political arena

drexhex
12-21-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm changing my party after the election (if he doesn't get elected). I'm choosing between several:

Libertarian party
Revolution party
and the one that my friend wrote down for his:
Jedi party

firebirdnation
12-21-2007, 01:36 AM

I think this is the best idea, but we could call it a movement within the Republican party such as Constitutional Republicans. I dunno, just an idea.

firebirdnation
12-21-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm changing my party after the election (if he doesn't get elected). I'm choosing between several:

Libertarian party
Revolution party
and the one that my friend wrote down for his:
Jedi party

Looks like the Republicans will lose a good member and it will make it tougher for those of us trying to take the Republican party back, but I know where you are coming from.

Paul4Prez
12-21-2007, 01:45 AM
I'd like to see the Revolution continue in both major parties. If any group ties their fortunes too much to one party, that party eventually takes them for granted.

If we were to work in both parties, we could compete in the primaries for House seats in whichever party is dominant in that district. With primary turnout so low, we would have a good chance to win. Then in the general election, most people just vote for the party label without doing much research. Use the apathy of the average American to help our cause.

We could work to elect REAL fiscal conservatives from Republican districts, and strong anti-war and pro-civil liberties candidates from Democratic districts. The best pro-liberty Congress-critters could then move up to the Senate, and eventually the White House.

Driftar
12-21-2007, 01:47 AM
and remove restrictions on third parties...allowing a true free market of ideas to flourish in the political arena

Yes... YES! One of the main reasons i love Ron Paul, (though there are many), is his stance on restricting third parties.

AlexAmore
12-21-2007, 01:53 AM
I'd like to keep going with the Republican Party. Look how far Ron Paul has gotten as a Republican throughout his years and now. It's AMAZING! Now imagine if we kept at it and gave it more time and more good Ron Paul kind of people became active in the Republican party and ran for offices. The Libertarian Party still has ways to go to gather members and other crap to become major...waste of time imo when we have the Republican Party begging for honest folks. Again look at what Ron Paul can do in Texas.

AdoubleR
12-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Shucks, I thought you meant an actual party... LOL... On a side-note, I've been asking myself the question that shouldn't be asked (and I still wont say it). But I think this is the answer I was searching for deep in my heart... This revolution is bigger then Ron Paul and should outlast him in any natural or unatural circumstances...

A New Party, A New Future...

peacemonger
12-21-2007, 01:55 AM
my favorite is still my dad's idea for a party name. "Throw The Bums Out Party"

No joke... With our fund raising ability, our meet up alliances, and our forums, we probably could start our own party to continue this revolution. We might be able to get some people elected to other seats. Who knows?

hawkeyenick
12-21-2007, 01:55 AM
our strategy should be to take over the republican party on one front and boost libertarian candidates on the other (once we get one into congress, it will take off on it's own).

both of these are supplemented by the free state project

peacemonger
12-21-2007, 02:00 AM
has anybody here ever actually thought about running for office? It sounds horrible to me but we need good folks to get more involved. If nominated I will not run. If elected I will not serve.

Somebody from the revolution needs to run for congress or something.

xao
12-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Well Republicans have "for the most part" been sound up until the neocons took over. So i'd try to stay with them and just boot out the neocons once Ron wins.

There's no reason we can't have competition though.

Worse case scenario, start a 'Patriot' party.

We know that Ross Perot got to be in the debates against the repubs and dems. Could paul have been in the debates with the money he raised this year like perot?(assuming paul ran as an indy)?

I'm asking because Perot got to wait til the repub and dem sides were picked and didn't even need to do any pre debating, correct?

xao
12-21-2007, 02:23 AM
has anybody here ever actually thought about running for office? It sounds horrible to me but we need good folks to get more involved. If nominated I will not run. If elected I will not serve.

Somebody from the revolution needs to run for congress or something.

http://ronpaulsacrossamerica.com/

Alex Libman
12-21-2007, 02:25 AM
I'd rather support the Libertarian Party...

I also hope a lot of Ron Paul supporters will join the Free State Project!

xao
12-21-2007, 02:28 AM
I'd rather support the Libertarian Party...

I also hope a lot of Ron Paul supporters will join the Free State Project!

I could never join them. They're too soft on illegal immigration and the borders. Unless they've changed their stances? I haven't seen any URL Link proof that they have though. Someone mentioned to me that they did, but I think he was bsing.

Hangly Man
12-21-2007, 02:51 AM
Restrictions on third parties are way too... restrictive. Getting the nomination of one of the big two is the best way to go.

xao
12-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Restrictions on third parties are way too... restrictive. Getting the nomination of one of the big two is the best way to go.

What are the restrictions on an independent?

FreeTraveler
12-21-2007, 09:26 PM
I think this is the best idea, but we could call it a movement within the Republican party such as Constitutional Republicans. I dunno, just an idea.

Best idea by far. Getting a third party viable means tackling election laws in 50 different states, then getting around the MSM. It's been tried lots of times, never successfully.

The current two-party system has ONE FATAL FLAW. If we take over one of the two parties, any opposition faces the same problem that third parties currently face.

The Republican party is as demoralized as it's ever likely to be. The only time it will be weaker is if Dr. Paul does not get the nomination and they get totally wiped out in the 2008 election.

Regardless of how things turn out for the good doctor, we Liberty-lovers have an opportunity here that may never happen again in our lifetime. Get active in the Republican party ASAP.

WE SHALL OVERCOME. (To steal an old protest statement from the '60s) :D