PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the blimp crew alienated the majority of forumers ?

michael.byrne
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
If you want to tell the crew how you feel about this project, raise your voice.

michael.byrne
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
So far, a poster cursed into my face, and another poster mildly insulted me. And I receive a pm from admin. You know, an PM from admin is never a good thing.

Sad.

Arkris
12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
At first I thought that the Blimp was a goofy, bad idea. But, after it I saw that it was getting media attention, I realized that having it flying around New England during the election could really help reassure people who might be on the fence; who aren't quite sure they want to support a candidate who "won't win".

So, I've come around, donated $250, and hope that folks in New Hampshire get an eyefull of Ron Paul's name in the sky.

areyou4real
12-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I supported the blimp project and still do.

That's not to say that I don't think a few things should be changed.

IMO,

1) Communication from the blimp team should be more frequent and more forthcoming. A lack of communication leads to doubt and a loss of confidence. For instance, what happens if 400k is not raised by tonight? How much blimp time is left based on the current amount? These are basic questions any sponsor would want answers to. Put this info on the blimp website where it can be readily found by all sponsors, not just the ones who browse this forum.

2) Seek and respond to sponsor feedback. People will be more apt to continue giving, if they feel like their concerns have been heard. Put polls on the blimp website asking sponsors what they want. Have a suggestion box and give sponsors options.

3) Establish a specific flight plan and do not deviate from it. If that means heading south so the weather is no longer a factor, so be it. This will allow local RP supporters on the ground to get the word out and prepare for the blimp's arrival ahead of time. This will result in much better media coverage of the blimp's travels (which in turn raises the awareness of Dr. Paul's message to the general public). After all, that is the whole purpose of the blimp project, isn't it?

HOLLYWOOD
12-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I supported the blimp project and still do.

That's not to say that I don't think a few things should be changed.

IMO,

1) Communication from the blimp team should be more frequent and more forthcoming. A lack of communication leads to doubt and a loss of confidence. For instance, what happens if 400k is not raised by tonight? How much blimp time is left based on the current amount? These are basic questions any sponsor would want answers to. Put this info on the blimp website where it can be readily found by all sponsors, not just the ones who browse this forum.

2) Seek and respond to sponsor feedback. People will be more apt to continue giving, if they feel like their concerns have been heard. Put polls on the blimp website asking sponsors what they want. Have a suggestion box and give sponsors options.

3) Establish a specific flight plan and do not deviate from it. If that means heading south so the weather is no longer a factor, so be it. This will allow local RP supporters on the ground to get the word out and prepare for the blimp's arrival ahead of time. This will result in much better media coverage of the blimp's travels (which in turn raises the awareness of Dr. Paul's message to the general public). After all, that is the whole purpose of the blimp project, isn't it?

AMEN!

amistybleu
12-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I guess I would say no, instead of sitting infront of my computer waiting for them to give me a personal update I was out doing other PRODUCTIVE stuff. :)

Hmmm, is ther a hidden message in here for you. ;)

MN Patriot
12-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I can imagine the blimp crew is VERY busy, and if I were in their place, I would feel alienated by all the complainers in the forums.

It is safe to assume we are capitalists here, and as capitalists we understand that people should be monetarily rewarded for their productive efforts. Taking an idea to reality in one month is very impressive. That being said, when the blimp staff agrees to not get paid, but must pay out of their own pocket while working many more hours than normal on this project, it must be disheartening to a certain extent. I was disappointed to see the key people agreeing to not get paid a thing. Sure, they get the warm fuzzies of a job well done and our gratitude (or at least gratitude from some of us). But sooner or later they will run out of money, or their credit cards will be maxed out, and then what? Are they supposed to quit? Or could they just maybe, maybe, get paid for what they are doing?

And no, I have no part in the project, I am just a donor who doesn't mind if someone besides the blimp company makes money out of this project.

Cleaner44
12-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I think a better poll would be:
Did the blimp crew alienate you?

Carson
12-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm Pro Blimp, and Pro Blimp Crew!

Safe blimping Brothers!!!!!

dhendrix
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I think a better poll would be:
Did the blimp crew alienate you?

in soviet russia, you alienate the blimp crew!

I actually think the crew has done a fantastic job and must be putting in overtime making it work as best it can. They don't need to spoon feed updates to me 24/7 -- I know it's working because I've seen it mentioned in the media several times by now.

Man from La Mancha
12-21-2007, 06:22 PM
in soviet russia, you alienate the blimp crew!

I actually think the crew has done a fantastic job and must be putting in overtime making it work as best it can. They don't need to spoon feed updates to me 24/7 -- I know it's working because I've seen it mentioned in the media several times by now.
Ageed
Perfect we can see who wants to disrupt the Ron Paul momentum by seeing who objects the most to present successful working projects. Remember in most groups their are a large number of infiltrators who want nothing better than to discourage and break down the moral. Its easy to observe them they only criticize and don't offer positive solutions. I haven't agreed with some projects but like the true Ron Paul supporters and not enemy plants I don't try to derail them.

expatinireland
12-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I am very much in support of the Blimp.

This is not to say that some improvements couldn't be made particularly in the area of communication.

It is obvious that some things are going on in the background that maybe can not be communicated for legal reasons.

And of course there is the weather and unfortunate equipment problems which has interfered with the mission.

But these problems would be molehills if there were not so many detractors early on who put tremendous amounts of negative energy into criticising this project.

I only hope that someone with deep pockets comes in and saves the Blimp at the 23rd hour.

Lacrosseus
12-21-2007, 07:53 PM
So far, a poster cursed into my face, and another poster mildly insulted me. And I receive a pm from admin. You know, an PM from admin is never a good thing.

Sad.

Very... I voted yes, but there are so many sheeple on here, I am sure most will be no.

kaleidoscope eyes
12-21-2007, 09:08 PM
I can imagine the blimp crew is VERY busy, and if I were in their place, I would feel alienated by all the complainers in the forums.

It is safe to assume we are capitalists here, and as capitalists we understand that people should be monetarily rewarded for their productive efforts. Taking an idea to reality in one month is very impressive. That being said, when the blimp staff agrees to not get paid, but must pay out of their own pocket while working many more hours than normal on this project, it must be disheartening to a certain extent. I was disappointed to see the key people agreeing to not get paid a thing. Sure, they get the warm fuzzies of a job well done and our gratitude (or at least gratitude from some of us). But sooner or later they will run out of money, or their credit cards will be maxed out, and then what? Are they supposed to quit? Or could they just maybe, maybe, get paid for what they are doing?

And no, I have no part in the project, I am just a donor who doesn't mind if someone besides the blimp company makes money out of this project.
never said better. amen!

Matt Collins
12-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I was against it from the beginning (because it's a bad idea), but since it went forth I definitely don't want it to fail. If we are going to do something as a group it should be done right, not half assed because it makes all of us and Ron look bad.

See this:
(Blimp is a Bad Idea)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40432

jorlowitz
12-21-2007, 11:11 PM

That is reasonable, and I too sympathize with some of the blowback the Blimp organizers may be experiencing. But this is not CAPITALISM. This is a grassroots political campaign. If the blimp crew had simply said what they needed, how much for the blimp, how much for the crew, and separately, how much for them in salary, I think the donations would have been very much forthcoming. The transparency would have led to a lot more faith.

I've donated twice now, but much more reluctantly than I would have. I too want to see the blimp flying all over NYC, Boston, and NH, but I don't want it at the expense of the spirit in this campaign.

LibertyEagle
12-22-2007, 04:34 AM
Did you know you can put a user on your personal Ignore List? :)

This type of thing seems to be prevalent amongst the blimp team. Why is that? Whenever you run into a question or comment that you do not like, you put them on your ignore list and recommend to others to do the same? :confused:

What gives with that? Have you forgotten where you guys got the money to embark on this adventure, to begin with?

Man from La Mancha
12-22-2007, 07:16 AM
This type of thing seems to be prevalent amongst the blimp team. Why is that? Whenever you run into a question or comment that you do not like, you put them on your ignore list and recommend to others to do the same? :confused:

What gives with that? Have you forgotten where you guys got the money to embark on this adventure, to begin with?Give me a break, they got the money from me and others that don't try to micro mange their hard working attempts at helping us get this great PR project off the ground.