PDA

View Full Version : Turning a bad StickerBomb idea into a good one...

patriotcalendar
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
With regard to this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=62346)...

A FredHead actually plastered a bumper sticker onto my car in the parking garage at the Texas Straw Poll.

My response was to peel the sticker off, tear it in half, and re-stick it to my car upside down. I've ordered a Mr. Yuck sticker from the Poison Control Center to place next to it.

Now.. on a serious note, I think a StickerBomb could be a good idea IF, IF, IF it's done with these methods:

a) Profile parked cars wherever you go. When you find one with existing stickers featuring anti-war, conservative, or freedom messages on it (but no Ron Paul sticker), leave the driver a SlimJim or flyer AND a bumper sticker (with the backing still on it!!) under the windshield wiper.

b) Make a poster that says "Free Ron Paul Bumper Stickers" and stand holding it at a busy intersection.

You can get 1,000 bumper stickers for around $30 at RonPaulGrassrootsHQ.com.

I've given out 2,200 bumper stickers over a two month period in Austin, TX.

A StickerBomb using the above methods is very doable.

One more note: Always encourage sticker takers to take TWO stickers (for front and back bumpers). Double the impressions by letting oncoming traffic get a glimpse. :)

daikonv
12-21-2007, 12:37 AM
now this is a much better idea imo.

usmcZ
12-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Much better idea, not a fan of putting something on another person's private property... it would just have negative effects.

AtomiC
12-21-2007, 12:41 AM
GREAT idea!!! I think this is a great way to help spread the message.

Just offer people who are interested free campaign materials they can use.

deltabourne
12-21-2007, 12:41 AM
ok wow so you jack my idea but make it worse since everyone is just going to throw that crap way. great idea.

DealzOnWheelz
12-21-2007, 12:46 AM
great idea but instead of looking for specific cars just tag all the cars at the mall with slimjims and bumper stickers under their wipers

DealzOnWheelz
12-21-2007, 12:48 AM
ok wow so you jack my idea but make it worse since everyone is just going to throw that crap way. great idea.

not worse

LEGAL

you might get some people who see it on those cars and may look at dr paul but the person whose car it is will be pissed and tell everyone they know how much of a dick someone was to put the sticker on they're car and probably won't even care to look up ron paul

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Great thinking.

deltabourne
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
not worse

LEGAL

you might get some people who see it on those cars and may look at dr paul but the person whose car it is will be pissed and tell everyone they know how much of a dick someone was to put the sticker on they're car and probably won't even care to look up ron paulwhat rosa parks did was illegal and pissed people off too. but she got noticed and forced a REVOLUTION.

Oliver
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
not worse

LEGAL

That's exactly what he meant: Worse. :D

patriotcalendar
12-21-2007, 12:53 AM
great idea but instead of looking for specific cars just tag all the cars at the mall with slimjims and bumper stickers under their wipers

Yep, that could sure be done.

I guess I'm on such a tight budget.. I like to try to peg 'likely' interested persons, rather than a complete 'spray and pray' approach.

(And I need to make a correction. 1,000 stickers costs between $120 & $145, depending on which size.) I was thinking of the 100-count at 30 bucks.

Another option would be to go after location as a demographic indicator. We could target cars parked at health or holistic medicine conventions or businesses with the Health Freedom SlimJim & bumper stickers.. as one example.

There are bound to be ways to expand on the profiling, and still keep to some kind of loose demographic-based plan.

daikonv
12-21-2007, 12:53 AM
vandalizing cars to find out about ron paul will not "inspire" people to look up ron paul. that kind of civil disobedience is counteractive to spreading ron paul's message.

Rob
12-21-2007, 12:55 AM
what rosa parks did was illegal and pissed people off too. but she got noticed and forced a REVOLUTION.

I hate to break it to you but regardless of what happens with our campaign. 20 years from now no one will revere you for sticking bumper stickers on other people's cars.

gerryb
12-21-2007, 12:58 AM

MODS; can you ban this guy, and if possible send his personal info to authorities? Destroying private property is illegal and always should be.

deltabourne
12-21-2007, 01:05 AM
MODS; can you ban this guy, and if possible send his personal info to authorities? Destroying private property is illegal and always should be.
So your motto is "free speech for everyone who agrees with me"? That's not what Ron Paul believes AT ALL

pooflinger1488
12-21-2007, 01:19 AM
I live on campus and I see tons of anti war stickers! I do the same exact thing everyday when I see an anti war sticker or anything that would go along with his views! I saw one the other day that said "don't steal the government hates competition" I gave them one with a note telling them about the same sign on his desk.

pacelli
12-21-2007, 01:24 AM
what rosa parks did was illegal and pissed people off too. but she got noticed and forced a REVOLUTION.

Touching someone else's car is a crime. Pasting a sticker on their car will get you arrested for vandalism faster than you can run. Not a good idea.

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Perhaps we could put un-sticked bumper stickers. You know, with the plastic still behind the sticky part. Put it on their windshield, and if they decide they like it, they can take it off themselves and stick it on the back of their car.

How does that sound?

texasbelle
12-21-2007, 01:27 AM

Rosa Parks practiced "civil disobedience" What you are suggesting is not civil by any means. My goodness its not that hard to wrap your head around the fact that you what you suggest is vandalism to private property and you could get in some legal trouble. Save your parents the bail money please and donate to Ron Paul instead!!

280Z28
12-21-2007, 01:28 AM

I have Ron Paul stuff everywhere but you put a RP sticker on my car without permission and you're asking for broken bones.

AdoubleR
12-21-2007, 01:41 AM

Hey Delta... Are you related to the person in this pic???

http://allvintagestore.com/Toys%20Pics/TRoll%20Peach%20jewel.jpg

Thought so... Now go find somewhere else to stir your trouble... Ron Paul Supporters are law abiding citizens, so cut the crap...

BucksforPaul
12-21-2007, 06:13 AM
This deltabourne thing cannot understand the importance of property rights and continues to promote illegal activities.

Anyways, this is a great idea and I have been passing out bumper stickers amongst family and friends since July.

unloud
12-21-2007, 06:34 AM
The legality or the moral implications are only second hand reasons for not doing it your way deltabourne. The main deterrent from your way is that it will push people AWAY from Dr. Paul's message. Rather than looking him up on the internet they'll tell their friends how some "asshole" working for this "Ron Paul guy" posted "crap" on their cars.

People don't like spam in their e-mail boxes and they definitely won't like it on their cars. If you are not primarily concerned about Ron Paul keeping his good image and into the presidency then maybe you should consider leaving these forums and this cause.

I do hope you understand; this is no personal vendetta against you specifically, it's just that your idea has flaws that would backfire negatively against Dr. Paul's campaign and the message of liberty in general.

jrich4rpaul
12-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Good idea. Very, very good.

constituent
12-21-2007, 06:37 AM

lol.

....america, a religion of its own.