PDA

View Full Version : I just got banned from Free Republic!

NYgs23
12-21-2007, 12:27 AM
After three years as a member of that site, I was banned as a "troll" for, I guess, being too supportive of the most conservative candidate in the race.. But FR is overrun by people who think "neocon" is an anti-semitic codeword for "Jew" and Dr. Paul gets his money from George Soros (and them accuse Paul supporters of wearing tinfoil). It's no big deal now though; I've sought out greener pastures anyway.

daikonv
12-21-2007, 12:28 AM
what did you say in the post that got you banned? (not a summary, the actual post if you can paste it)

dspectre
12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Sorry to hear it, but maybe it is time to move on.

RPFTW!
12-21-2007, 12:31 AM
check out how small FR has gotten, its lost like 2/3rds of its population in only 2 years

InRonWeTrust
12-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Those people are sheep.

You're with the wolves now. ;)

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-21-2007, 12:34 AM
After three years as a member of that site, I was banned as a "troll" for, I guess, being too supportive of the most conservative candidate in the race.. But FR is overrun by people who think "neocon" is an anti-semitic codeword for "Jew" and Dr. Paul gets his money from George Soros (and them accuse Paul supporters of wearing tinfoil). It's no big deal now though; I've sought out greener pastures anyway.

Lol, I've never been well-liked at FR. I went from being a Rudy supporter to a Paul supporter... soooo.. yeah.... that about sums it up.

pikerz
12-21-2007, 12:34 AM
theyve boxed themselves into a corner so small by now, i doubt that site is much longer for this world.

i've seen it happen before where a community peaks, dissent follows, then people gang up on the dissenters in hopes of preserving the community, but in reality actually end up slowly eating away at each other until nobody is left but a few die hards and lurkers.

asgardshill
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Consider it an honor. Just like Democraticunderground, Free Republic is nothing but an echo chamber for sycophants of the site's owner and whatever his pet cause is this week. They're banned pretty much worldwide from posting copyrighted material from any serious source, and all they seem to do any more is hold more frequent and longer fundraisers to pay the site owner's mortgage and liquor bills. No serious political discussion has gone on there for years now, and Alexa shows us that their once-substantial readership is down to a few grizzled hausfraus and bootlickers.

No, you're far better off not taking a dip into that particular cesspool.

InRonWeTrust
12-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Consider it an honor. Just like Democraticunderground, Free Republic is nothing but an echo chamber for sycophants of the site's owner and whatever his pet cause is this week. They're banned pretty much worldwide from posting copyrighted material from any serious source, and all they seem to do any more is hold more frequent and longer fundraisers to pay the site owner's mortgage and liquor bills. No serious political discussion has gone on there for years now, and Alexa shows us that their once-substantial readership is down to a few grizzled hausfraus and bootlickers.

No, you're far better off not taking a dip into that particular cesspool.

Lol, tell us what you really think of them.

asgardshill
12-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Lol, tell us what you really think of them.

That's just the stuff that won't get me sued ;)

NYgs23
12-21-2007, 12:40 AM
what did you say in the post that got you banned?

I don't even know. That's the weird part. For a long time, I was trying to be reasonable and debate logically--difficult with some of the brick walls on there (I think the really rabid ones are a minority, but also the loudest). It may have been my third to last post, on a thread about those HORRIBLE, DAMNING pics of Paul with Don Black & son, in which I accused a guy of pretending to be a "dense wall of stupidity" for some stupid shit he said. Of course, Paulites on there are called A LOT worse regularly.

Or maybe when I challenged someone to refute the idea (which she had called a "talking point") that giving money back to a racist might not be a good idea. Then she (or he) said I was just "throwing it [the talking point] back" and I said: "Answer: NO"--that is, she couldn't refute it. Then I was banned.

Yes, it was definately time to leave. I think the only reason I was staying there for the past couple of months was to try to fight against some of the garbage of the smearers. Well, there are still quite a few Paul supporters in there in that lion's den, trying to do so. I don't think they want to ban us all, because the administrators really can't logically claim that Paul ISN'T a conservative candidate.

Anti Federalist
12-21-2007, 12:41 AM
theyve boxed themselves into a corner so small by now, i doubt that site is much longer for this world.

i've seen it happen before where a community peaks, dissent follows, then people gang up on the dissenters in hopes of preserving the community, but in reality actually end up slowly eating away at each other until nobody is left but a few die hards and lurkers.

Such is human nature.

Saw this happen on some early BBS boards all the way back in the late '80s.

Saw it happen again on the Compuserve TownHall service.

NYgs23
12-21-2007, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=aspiringconstitutionalist;685946]I've never been well-liked at FR. I went from being a Rudy supporter to a Paul supporterQUOTE]

Who were you? What was your username?

NYgs23
12-21-2007, 12:45 AM

Let's just hope that doesn't happen here...

Anti Federalist
12-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Consider it a badge of honor.

Never was a Freeper, but been thrown off Hannity's board four or five times now.:D

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 12:48 AM
what did you say in the post that got you banned? (not a summary, the actual post if you can paste it)

I too would love to see what got you banned...

asgardshill
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Consider it a badge of honor.

Never was a Freeper, but been thrown off Hannity's board four or five times now.:D

Ah, nice to see a fellow bannee! I've still got three or four sleeper accounts, and I keep them reasonably current just in case Kington needs slapping down again.

Duckman
12-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Let's just hope that doesn't happen here...

The fact so many people with radically different opinions can work together for Ron Paul and get over their superficial differences in the name of freedom is inspiring. I think so far everything about the Ron Paul movement has been different.

NYgs23
12-21-2007, 12:58 AM
I too would love to see what got you banned...

Like I said, I'm not too sure. I just found I couldn't reply anymore, getting a gray screen saying: "Your posting privileges have been revoked. Reason: troll" A troll after three years and over 1000 posts!

I've been an open RP supporter there for awhile. I don't know, but I think the straw that broke the camel's back for may have been the following exchange:

Dumbass: What do neo-nazis, white supremacists and 9/11 conspiracy theorists think they will gain by supporting Ron Paul?

Me: Even racists probably like the idea of being allowed to live their lives without federal government interference.

Dumbass: Is that the beginning of a “they’re not so bad argument?”

Me: No. It means what it says. Everyone with a modicum of common sense should want to live their lives in freedom out of personal interest, no matter how foolish their personal views are. Understand?

Dumbass: I see, they are neo-nazi freedom-lovers! And they have common sense! Okaaaay. Speaking of common sense, everyone else had enough to not touch the question. You don’t have to keep digging, my work here is done.

Me: I knew you would choose to pretend to be a dense wall of stupidity. I don’t even know why I try to argue with some of you people people [sic] anymore. It’s like trying to teach a pig to dance.

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Me: I knew you would choose to pretend to be a dense wall of stupidity. I don’t even know why I try to argue with some of you people people [sic] anymore. It’s like trying to teach a pig to dance.

LOL... :D nice..

Good to see you here ;)

voytechs
12-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Like I said, I'm not too sure. I just found I couldn't reply anymore, getting a gray screen saying: "Your posting privileges have been revoked. Reason: troll" A troll after three years and over 1000 posts!

I've been an open RP supporter there for awhile. I don't know, but I think the straw that broke the camel's back for may have been the following exchange:

Dumbass: What do neo-nazis, white supremacists and 9/11 conspiracy theorists think they will gain by supporting Ron Paul?

Me: Even racists probably like the idea of being allowed to live their lives without federal government interference.

Dumbass: Is that the beginning of a “they’re not so bad argument?”

Me: No. It means what it says. Everyone with a modicum of common sense should want to live their lives in freedom out of personal interest, no matter how foolish their personal views are. Understand?

Dumbass: I see, they are neo-nazi freedom-lovers! And they have common sense! Okaaaay. Speaking of common sense, everyone else had enough to not touch the question. You don’t have to keep digging, my work here is done.

That'll do it. LOL! I Bow my head to you my friend. :D

Anti Federalist
12-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Ah, nice to see a fellow bannee! I've still got three or four sleeper accounts, and I keep them reasonably current just in case Kington needs slapping down again.

Yar, I've used all mine up.:D

Lee Kington bans...a HERRING!!
http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews/freddygot.jpg

John Rocks has been doing a good job over there along with a few others.

I used to be fairly impressed with that board's traffic.

Until this one that is.

ghemminger
12-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Conservative Underground is pretty cool - There Admin converted and they are cool with RP supportes altough the members hate us

NYgs23
12-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah. As I look at it, I wonder if he was a mod under a different username and friendly with the mods and trolling for reasons to ban RP supporters. He blatantly twist my argument into a knot and then says, "Everyone else had enough [common sense] not to touch the question. You don't have to keep digging, my work here is done." Hmm...odd he'd ask a question he and then imply it would be foolish to even try to respond. Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing.

lasenorita
12-21-2007, 02:12 AM
Conservative Underground is pretty cool - There Admin converted and they are cool with RP supportes altough the members hate us

LOL. I visited the site and first thing I notice is a thread titled "Attention Ron Paul Dipshits..." :D But I suppose the mods there have a right to be ticked off when random individuals flood their boards. Some people go a bit overboard sometimes, me thinks.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-21-2007, 02:18 AM
Edit

thisisgiparti
12-21-2007, 02:55 AM
I was just kicked off a blog, too. Just in time for Christmas! I won't get into it, but I sure did enjoy myself.

I'm not going back, and I only had one user name. School starts January 7, anyways.