PDA

View Full Version : Loveline

ronpaulitician
07-08-2007, 11:49 PM
No idea how large their audience is (any recent Arbitron ratings?), but the hosts of Loveline (http://www.lovelineshow.com/) just invited any presidential candidate to come on their show. I'm sure Dr. Drew would be great with Ron Paul, though I'm not so sure about his co-host.

angrydragon
07-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Contact the campaign with the info.

justine.lam@gmail.com

torchbearer
07-08-2007, 11:51 PM
never heard of it.

angrydragon
07-08-2007, 11:52 PM
They talk about sex/health/relationships.

http://www.lovelineshow.com/

rockfree33
07-08-2007, 11:53 PM
I've heard of it, they had an MTV version of it awhile back. Callers basically phone in and talk about their sexual problems very candidly.

Duckman
07-08-2007, 11:53 PM
No idea how large their audience is (any recent Arbitron ratings?), but the hosts of Loveline (http://www.lovelineshow.com/) just invited any presidential candidate to come on their show. I'm sure Dr. Drew would be great with Ron Paul, though I'm not so sure about his co-host.

Is Adam Corolla still the co-host of loveline? If so, I can tell you he is a big MPP contributor, meaning he is active in the anti-marijuana prohibition movement. So that might be good conversational topic. Plus, most of the loveline listeners are young and would be unlikely to be put-off by pro-legalization talk.

Tuck
07-08-2007, 11:54 PM
never heard of it.

Daily Night time radio show about sex, relationships etc. They are aired mostly through viacom/cbs and are in a ton of cities across the country. I have yet to travel to a city were they were not on the air.

damijin
07-08-2007, 11:54 PM
SEX ON TELEVISION? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

I'll stick to my morally acceptable violence in Iraq coverage THANKS VERY MUCH.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Loveline's tiight... was hip from back in the day.. didn't even know it came back out ....

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Adam Corolla isn't on there anymore.

ronpaulitician
07-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Is Adam Corolla still the co-host of loveline? If so, I can tell you he is a big MPP contributor, meaning he is active in the anti-marijuana prohibition movement. So that might be good conversational topic. Plus, most of the loveline listeners are young and would be unlikely to be put-off by pro-legalization talk.
No, Adam left. Some guy called Stryker replaced him. I've been listening to the show lately. I think Dr. Paul and Dr. Drew Pinsky would get some good conversations going.

I think what brought the invite up was a call by a girl who mentioned that her dad was a conservative Republican, or something like that. Stryker mentioned, "I'm sure she'll vote for Hillary." Drew then mentioned that they've invited presidential candidates before, but have never had one on the show.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I like Dr. Drew better!!!!!!! haha

It was so far back in the day.

That was back before Springer was hot on the beach for Spring break. hahahha

ksuguy
07-09-2007, 12:08 AM
I was thinking of suggesting this myself. I used to listen to this show every night back when I was in college. It had a huge following in that demographic. Dr. Drew and Ron Paul would be great together. They are both physicians and very intelligent people.

Adam hasn't been on the show for a couple of years, he got a new job hosting a morning show after Stern left CBS. I haven't listened since he left, but the new cohost is some guy named Striker.

There are a couple problems with getting Ron on there. The show airs from 10pm-12am pacific time. So it would be in the middle of the night for Ron. It is also broadcast out of LA, so it would require a cross country flight.

Also Ron would have to be prepared for some very frank and shocking sexual content. I'm sure he's heard and seen plenty in his medical practice, but it is absolutely a given that there will be 14 year old callers calling in with some pretty hard core stuff.

SeanEdwards
07-09-2007, 12:08 AM
They should invite Paul on as a guest host since he is an OBGYN.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 12:09 AM
That'd be genus though I don't think I'd be watching all the show ...

torchbearer
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
This is like a Dr. Ruth Show? Dr. Paul could have some pointers for women's sexual health.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Yo Ron Paul knows everything, Ron Paul's the man.

Not quite sure I want to figure all that out yet .... Save it for the tapes..... **

foofighter20x
07-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Methinks I smell a trap...

It'd be way too easy for that crowd to attempt to box in Dr Paul on the abortion issue. As clear as his stance on that issue is, I don't think most of the listeners of Loveline are going to appreciate it.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Wouldn't it be such an open minding experience? Ron Paul has delivered over 4,000 babies. He has more knowledge in that field then anyone I can think of.

Talking full hour with Dr. Drew and Dr. Paul? It'd be an amazing marketing idea. ...

Man from La Mancha
07-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Why? He will just say he's against it and it is up to the states to decide at the local level that they can choose what they want.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Why? He will just say he's against it and it is up to the states to decide at the local level that they can choose what they want.

It's not even a political show, it's a sexual and medical health experience. I doubt they'd even touch it.... Nothing but knowledge and facts. ...

Lord Xar
07-09-2007, 01:24 AM
never heard of it.

LoveLine is very very popular in Los Angeles...

Is teen, to early adulthood issues about sexuality and relationships.... make sure that Ron Paul has a clear idea of what the show entails.. BUT, he could reach a HUGE AUDIENCE if he goes on.....

cujothekitten
07-09-2007, 01:28 AM
This is actually a pretty good idea believe it or not. Lots of teens listen to Loveline, I used to... it covers some issues like sex, drugs, even suicide. He'd do really well with is stance on the war.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Ron Paul would be so informative, it would be an incredible, amazing show.

I'll contact some agents and get this going geez somebody talk to me here

MusoSpuso
07-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Doing this show would be a great idea. It would reach that 18-30ish demographic. It would be a good idea for the same reason the G4 appearance was but even a little more "sophisticated" and serious. Trade video games and the internet for sex and relationship type advice.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 01:58 AM
It would be a very interesting political statment, and one that could continue the momentum he's on in a really great way

GreyBlood
07-09-2007, 02:48 AM
I love the old loveline with Adam Carolla. I even have a bunch of old episodes on my mp3 player that i listen to every once and a while. I think that Drew would be nice and polite and Stryker is just a kiss ass suck up so no worries there. i stopped listing shortly after stryker came on. (6/6/06) I feel that he ruined the show. :(

BarryDonegan
07-09-2007, 03:31 AM
man it would be great to hear dr. paul on this. as an ob/gyn he would be VERY good to handle the std related questions. although its a touchy subject, hearing him give medical advice would really strengthen peoples understanding of how accomplished he is.

LizF
07-09-2007, 05:01 AM
How about Adam Corolla's radio show: http://adam.freefm.com/

After Howard Stern went to satellite radio, Corolla took over Stern's time slot in the West Coast markets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Carolla). It looks like AC's doing well in the LA area.

G-khan
07-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Here is the contact info for the show...

Contact
Email the Show: loveline@lovelineshow.com

Call the Show: 800-LOVE-191

ksuguy
07-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Come on people, lets request this and see if we can make it happen. I just sent the following via their "Ask the Producer" form:
http://www.lovelineshow.com/pg/jsp/general/contact.jsp#form2

Hi,

I would like to hear presidential candidate Ron Paul as a guest on Loveline. I know that Drew has said that he would like to have candidates on the show, and I think Ron Paul would be perfect.

Like Dr. Drew, Ron Paul is also a physician. He is a licensed MD and he has had an active practice in Texas for decades specializing in obstetrics and gynecology. This would make Dr. Paul uniquely qualified to address the kinds of issues that are brought up on the show. Ron Paul also has many enthusiastic supporters that fall squarely within the same demographic as the people that listen to Loveline.

I really hope you consider having him on the show.

G-khan
07-10-2007, 12:29 AM
I also sent them an email and asked to have him on...

wbbgjr
07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm going to send an email right now too.. Come on guys... we need more people emailing.

wbbgjr
07-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Also email Adam Carolla's new show on 97.1 KSLX.

It's a great show and Adam Carolla has always railed against the gov controlling everything in our lives. In particular, he worked in construction before radio and he always talked about the thousand of permits you have to get before you can do anything to your house.

wbbgjr
07-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Adam Carolla's new show... send him a message by going to this link...

http://adam.freefm.com/pages/58175.php

It's a syndicated show so it's heard in more places than just Los Angeles.