PDA

View Full Version : Name?

Minuteman
12-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Trying to keep everything organized here. So as was previously posted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Names that have been suggested:

Probe
Under The Rock Reporting
eSleuth
Sleuth
eTV
Liberty.tv
USPatriot.tv
USContitution.TV
TBB - Torch Bearer Broadcasting
ANN - American News Netwok
BBW - Big Brother Watchdog
LNN - Liberty News Network
ADD - American Digital Dispatch
ADN - American Digiital Network
FAN - Free American (Network or News)
FFB - Founding Fathers Broadcasting
NAW - New American Wire
BDB - Bird Dog Broadcasting
freedomnetwork.tv
freemarket.tv
R-evolve
guerrillatv
insurgentnetwork
TVolution
libertybroadcast.tv
libertyscoop.tv
independencereport.com
independencedispatch.com
independencebroadcast.com
libertyshow.tv
patriotdispatch.com
patriotbroadcast.com
citizenchannel.com
citizenbroadcast.com
libertybelltv.com
libertybellnews.com

Minuteman
12-21-2007, 12:04 AM
OK, so the names that stand out to me so far. Im picking these names under the assumption that it will be an ongoing concern.

ANN- American News Network
NAW- New American Wire
DMN-Digitial Media Network (my own tossed out there)

Why I chose names such as this. While at the start we are helping Ron get elected with true broadcasting, if it is to be a going concern it has to reach beyond the initial "Revolution" message.
To be taken seriously in the long term as a credible news source, I dont think we can do the Patriot, Liberty, etc Network themes. They sound a bit to much like Left or Right wing news outlets.

hawkeyenick
12-21-2007, 12:43 AM
OK, so the names that stand out to me so far. Im picking these names under the assumption that it will be an ongoing concern.

ANN- American News Network
NAW- New American Wire
DMN-Digitial Media Network (my own tossed out there)

Why I chose names such as this. While at the start we are helping Ron get elected with true broadcasting, if it is to be a going concern it has to reach beyond the initial "Revolution" message.
To be taken seriously in the long term as a credible news source, I dont think we can do the Patriot, Liberty, etc Network themes. They sound a bit to much like Left or Right wing news outlets.

This is what I was saying. This is a war of words and some of those just scream "rebel". Nothing wrong with being a rebel, but we have to reach the masses not just the rebels; average people would be turned off by most of the titles.

New American can't work because it won't be new forever, the other two are good.

If we could come up with an acronym, or a powerful word in another language or something else that would be ideal.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-21-2007, 01:03 AM
nt

BucksforPaul
12-21-2007, 01:17 AM
I really like this idea because these types of initiatives are essential to the growth of this movement. I like American News Netword (ANN) because as the name suggests it will be in the best interests of all Americans. Just as Dr. Paul is bringing together all types of people so should this news network.

Peace

hawkeyenick
12-21-2007, 01:22 AM
I really like this idea because these types of initiatives are essential to the growth of this movement. I like American News Netword (ANN) because as the name suggests it will be in the best interests of all Americans. Just as Dr. Paul is bringing together all types of people so should this news network.

Peace

I agree.

I think it would have the most word power and appeal to the average american. I have lots of ideas for this.

I just spent my first semester learning marketing strategies under one of the best marketers in the country.

I really think there should be a department that studies power words and emotional attachment making with viewers. It's key to fundraising and key to being successful. I also think this should be heavily focused on the online content as the recent studies are suggesting people are spending less time with the TV and more time with their computer.

I want things that people would actually be interested in and want to know. Most notably this election cycle none of the other candidates are getting supporters to show up or donate, and you wonder why they don't ask the tough questions as to WHY?

literatim
12-21-2007, 04:14 AM
I think, for marketing purposes, it should be abstract. Not copying CNN and making it ANN nor is using words such as 'liberty' or 'freedom', imo. Plus, the entire Web 2.0 is generally abstract and we would be targeting the 35 and under crowd. It is why I favor something like R-evolve.

hawkeyenick
12-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I think, for marketing purposes, it should be abstract. Not copying CNN and making it ANN nor is using words such as 'liberty' or 'freedom', imo. Plus, the entire Web 2.0 is generally abstract and we would be targeting the 35 and under crowd. It is why I favor something like R-evolve.

disagree, it automatically alienates people because of the name, not only does it sound like a gun, but it has the word "evolve" with has a negative connotation with half of the population.

ANN is fine, it establishes legitimacy and access to all age groups, not only that, A comes before C (aka it's better than cnn subconsciously). Not to mention it's something that seems familiar.

This is about reaching all demographics, not targeting the youth, who aren't a big enough audience.

atilla
12-21-2007, 02:24 PM
disagree, it automatically alienates people because of the name, not only does it sound like a gun, but it has the word "evolve" with has a negative connotation with half of the population.

guns are good dude! plus put a few gun programs on there and you can get some good commercial sponsorship from gun companies who have limited advertising opportunities.

literatim
12-21-2007, 03:43 PM

ANN is fine, it establishes legitimacy and access to all age groups, not only that, A comes before C (aka it's better than cnn subconsciously). Not to mention it's something that seems familiar.

This is about reaching all demographics, not targeting the youth, who aren't a big enough audience.

You see the word revolve and you think of firearms? :eek:

Dave Pedersen
12-21-2007, 03:49 PM
PaulRevereTV.

This keeps the intended role front and center and self-evident and also helps in searches for "Paul".

Paul Revere was the guy who shouted the alarm. This is the role for the network in the spirit of American Independence.

defcreative
12-21-2007, 04:42 PM
I think the American News Network is the best name.

Reason being that us using names like LibertyTV will give lots of unfamiliar individuals the impression that our news cast is bias to the left and it may hurt credibility.

Bacon
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I think the American News Network is the best name.

Reason being that us using names like LibertyTV will give lots of unfamiliar individuals the impression that our news cast is bias to the left and it may hurt credibility.

I agree.. we need a domain name now..

Danny Molina
12-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I approve of ANN.

Sleuth is already a channel. All they show are mystery oriented programs.

AceNZ
12-22-2007, 12:24 AM
How about "Channel" instead of "Network"? That solves the copying-CNN problem, and it would also be a more accurately-description name.

I'm pretty open on the name, but is "American News" really where we want to be positioned? I think the message is more about freedom, liberty, prosperity and peace -- which is bigger than just America.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-22-2007, 09:30 AM
nt

princessredtights
12-22-2007, 10:39 AM
I haven't been following this closely but I like the idea of : Liberty TV ...

literatim
12-22-2007, 10:57 AM
ANN just sounds generic and doesn't fit in the Web 2.0. For marketing reasons, I have to disagree with the usage of that name. We don't want the Old-Media's 50+ year old viewers. We want 35 and under, people who frequent the internet and use the internet for their primary source of news.

Bacon
12-22-2007, 01:32 PM
We need to have a really catchy name that describes what we're doing. We also need a name that we can get a good domain with. While LibertyTV would be great.. libertytv.com and liberty.tv are taken. Also, americannewsnetwork.com is too long of a domain name to use and for people to remember. Try to use www.godaddy.com to see if a domain is taken before you propose the name on the forums.

AceNZ
12-22-2007, 09:50 PM
One thing to keep in mind with names that include the word "Liberty" is that DirecTV is owned in part, by a company called Liberty Capital, which recently spun off from Liberty Media -- so names like Liberty News, Liberty TV, etc, would probably not be well-received....

I still don't understand why people are so anxious to come up with a name, much less a domain name. I'm not trying to be hostile, I just honestly don't get it. How can we come up with a name when we don't even know exactly what our business focus will be?

LibertiORDeth
12-22-2007, 10:49 PM
My project is using Liberty News Network.

theantirobot
12-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Name it PennyCrowd

Acknowledge that information is tied to resources. Make it like current and have pennycrowd.com be the back end.

AceNZ
12-24-2007, 03:28 AM
For people who are concerned about getting a good domain name, why not just go ahead and buy whatever domains you happen to like. Then, when the time comes, after the company charter and direction have been agreed on, and we have some details in hand about how and where the company will be formed, the list of available domains can be presented to everyone involved, and the best one selected by vote.

Does that make sense?

JosephTheLibertarian
12-25-2007, 05:23 AM
I'm in favor of LNN (Liberty News Network)