PDA

View Full Version : im thinking about giving up

mstrmac1
12-20-2007, 11:45 PM
I have no slept for three weeks...my credit card is maxed out...I cant focus on Christmas... My wife says I love Ron Paul more than her...Etc... Ahhhhhh

JAHOGS
12-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I fill ya, but we are almost there. just hold on a little bit longer.

Mark Rushmore
I have no slept for three weeks...my credit card is maxed out...I cant focus on Christmas... My wife says I love Ron Paul more than her...Etc... Ahhhhhh

Unplug your computer Friday night, plug it back in Wednesday and jump into the fray nice and rejuvenated just in time for the last push before early primaries. That'd be my suggestion.

RPinSEAZ
Take a break, we'll be fine without you. Tell your wife you love her, they need to hear that kind of crap.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 11:48 PM
nt

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Take a break through the hollidays and enjoy it with your family.

LandonCook
12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah man, take a break... we wont think any less of you... Cya when you get back!

shoms_w
12-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Divorce your wife. Her priorities are all messed up :D

Myerz
Get outside and wave a sign....get some feedback from the people. It's really inspiring and rejuvenating! They're their to pump..... you up.

jcizzle
Just show up to vote. :)

Valis33
Sounds like me!

The best is yet to come ;)

mstrmac1
I want this soooooooo bad. Its like the hot girl coming up to you in high school. You will do anything to get her. I have never felt so right on one thing in my life.

nlke182
12-20-2007, 11:51 PM
This isnt another suicide thread is it?

cicatrice

Lower your daily dose of Dr. Paul. *lol* You can still support him and spread his message, just don't fret over compulsively checking the forums and whatnot.

Doriath
Take a break, we'll be fine without you. Tell your wife you love her, they need to hear that kind of crap.

You should listen to this person. Very good advice. :D

tonyTheBest
Just take a break and come back when you're recovered.
Tell your wife you always love her, just that Ron Paul is just a temporary thing.

me3
12-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Convince her that you love her more than Ron Paul. Sounds like a lot of fun actually. :D ;)

mstrmac1
12-20-2007, 11:53 PM
This isnt another suicide thread is it?

No... Temp insanity..sorry

wstrucke
12-20-2007, 11:53 PM
I want this soooooooo bad. Its like the hot girl coming up to you in high school. You will do anything to get her. I have never felt so right on one thing in my life.

i've been feeling this way too -- i want to do everything i possibly can to get the word out and get RP elected. This IS our future.

denvervoipguru
12-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Take a break.
Bring your close Republican neighbors some holdiay cheer.
Then get back in the game after a week and hit those same neighbors up to
caucus with you.
Get 6-8 neighbors to caucus with you and you've done your job.

Mckarnin
12-20-2007, 11:54 PM

Write down a list of what you want to accomplish for Ron Paul tommorow and tell your wife tonight that you are hers for the weekend. Give your wife the letter and tell her to give it to you once she's had enough of you because you are entrusing your RP dreams to her. Then get busy with massages, movies and popcorn on the couch, walks, playing cards and whatever you two enjoy doing with eachother....I'll bet you get the letter back soon. Also be sure to let her know to tell her how much you want to see the two of you live out the rest of your long and happy marriage in a coutry governed by peace, liberty and a humble foreign policy. :-)

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-20-2007, 11:55 PM

No matter how important this campaign is to the country, family must always ALWAYS come first.

PathIveMade
12-20-2007, 11:56 PM

I've heard that a time or two myself... I'd bet a lot of us have.

Divorce your wife. Her priorities are all messed up

:D

Steve4RP
12-20-2007, 11:57 PM

Don't do it...you can't give up on Christmas and your wife!

sandman223
12-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Dude, take a few days off. We'll handle it until you get back. :)

mstrmac1
12-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Im not trying to get on my soapbox, but i run a small business that does 3 mill in sales a year. I am the type that thinks it cant be done w/o me. But i am going insane. Also, what if i miss a online poll, or e-mail bomb,sign bomb,or where the f is the blimp.....

lucius
12-20-2007, 11:58 PM

Ah, Another hopeless romantic! ;)

RPSignbomb
12-20-2007, 11:59 PM

lol "they need to hear that kind of crap" awesome

xexkxex
12-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Take a break :D

http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/kitkat_small.jpg

mstrmac1
12-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Promise me this then... when all this is over. We throw the biggest Ron Paul Liberty party ever. I mean everyone coming to one place & sharing their thoughts, ideas, stories, about what just happened. Also, I hope someone is documenting all of this! Thank you all. I will see you in a couple of days. Merry.......... you know what i mean.

beobeli
12-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Also be sure to let her know to tell her how much you want to see the two of you live out the rest of your long and happy marriage in a coutry governed by peace, liberty and a humble foreign policy. :-)

That's what it is all about.

PathIveMade
12-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Don't do it...you can't give up on Christmas and your wife!

PathIveMade
12-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Promise me this then... when all this is over. We throw the biggest Ron Paul Liberty party ever. I mean everyone coming to one place & sharing their thoughts, ideas, stories, about what just happened. Also, I hope someone is documenting all of this! Thank you all. I will see you in a couple of days. Merry.......... you know what i mean.

Inauguration day!!!

LibertiORDeth
12-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Divorce your wife. Her priorities are all messed up :D

Hehe if everyone here believed that we'd all be single.

Coola
12-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Fall back soldier. Get some rest, we'll hold down the trenches. Delta Force style.

krott5333
12-21-2007, 12:26 AM
than give up! im tired of you pansies, whining about how you're spending too much money, or you dont have time.

this isnt about Ron Paul. Its about freedom for our country and your posterity. I for one am willing to risk what is "socially acceptable" to do what I think is right.

defcreative
12-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Unplug your computer Friday night, plug it back in Wednesday and jump into the fray nice and rejuvenated just in time for the last push before early primaries. That'd be my suggestion.

That's my suggestion to you. Apparently you've done much more then most people for the last few weeks, take a break and rest and relax.

We'll be here welcoming your help when you return after Christmas.

Dave Pedersen
12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Just ration a couple hours.. like one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening for Ron Paul.. and the rest of the time for your family. That way you stay abreast of developments and moderate your cravings. Going cold turkey could be dangerous..

Perry
12-21-2007, 12:34 AM

Take a Christmas break and relax until NH & Iowa. If we don't do well in these states we are probably done for.
I think however we will do well.

slantedview
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
sounds like you've done some good damage.

take a break for a while :)

john_anderson_ii
12-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Don't give up, just take a break. I do it all the time. It really helps. See you again after the new year. Have a beer, get some sleep, etc.

fuzzybekool
12-21-2007, 12:38 AM
take a break. there are new supporters joining up everyday, to help spread the word. happy holidays.

XelR8r
12-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Take a break bro.

You are of no use to Dr. Paul if you are burned out and trippin

You have done a great job, be proud, get some rest.

bucfish
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Take care of YOUR own house and put your priorities in order

UziSprayTF
12-21-2007, 01:07 AM
I think a lot of people are getting burn out syndrome. Take some days off, eat some cookies, make a new baby :P, get hammered with some friends, light up the fireplace and let that tension in your shoulders down.

After that you can jump back in! Just think of how many unwatched paul videos you'll have saved up :)

drexhex
12-21-2007, 01:15 AM
I agree with everyone. Turn off the computer (and give your wife the keyboard) and spend some time with the missus. Have a few drinks, smoke a j...iant cigar, enjoy the holiday, and come back to us after the new year's. Even hold off until after Iowa if you wanna =)

tropicangela
12-21-2007, 01:27 AM
It's not just you!!! My husband gets jealous of RP too :) And other mamas I know are having marital probs because they have a crush on Dr. Paul!!!! Take a break, we will be here.

Shellshock1918
12-21-2007, 01:33 AM

No sweat, just take time off and spend it with your wife and family.

Peppy690
12-21-2007, 01:33 AM
this reminds me of my WoW addiction for a couple years. Now it seems like a ron paul addiction, oh well, at least i know it will end next nov ;)

DirtMcGirt
12-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Damn it this is our chance to change our country and the world!!! Im all in!!!

AdoubleR
12-21-2007, 01:43 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

texasbelle
12-21-2007, 01:45 AM
It's not just you!!! My husband gets jealous of RP too :) And other mamas I know are having marital probs because they have a crush on Dr. Paul!!!! Take a break, we will be here.

LOL same here! I cannot walk by the computer without checking forums, official site, ron paul graphs, or how many people are joining our meet-up group... I would like to take a day off (yeah right..who am I kidding??? :D) but I cannot even take an hour off if I am home. If I am out I am constantly trying to work Ron Paul in convos. My 3 year old even recognizes Ron Paul if he is on TV.. Ron Paul cured my apathy but only President Paul will cure this addiction!! For REAL!!!

austin356
12-21-2007, 01:47 AM
75% of the time Ron Paul supporters spend "Pauling" is not an effective use of time resources. Find that 25% that is your most effective "Pauling" and stick with it. From some of the things you mentioned earlier..... you can drop the blimp, emails, polls, and keep the sign bombing.

Just my recommendation.

Highstreet
12-21-2007, 01:50 AM

Take time off, but never give up.

smartguy911
12-21-2007, 01:52 AM

+1

hummtide
12-21-2007, 01:55 AM

Everything I know, I learned from watching Star Trek.... OR... The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

I myself have spent over $1,000 I shouldnt have but did this year because I believe in Dr Ron Paul and his message to better this country. What I have done is SACRIFICE in order to create a better America. And in the end.. my return and eveyones return on our investment (sacrifices) will be justified!

michaelwise
12-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Watch this news video from today, then tell me what you think.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7674983418838893446&q=giuliani+ron+paul+supporters&total=389&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 01:56 AM
You've done all you could for this campaign, mate. You earn a break :) The rest of us will continue fighting for Ron Paul in your stead!

nathanmn
12-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Take a break. You need to pace yourself. Remember, the fight for liberty isn't just one election anyways. Don't burn yourself out and don't destroy your personal life.

krott5333
12-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Dont listen to these folks. DO NOT TAKE A BREAK. You can take a break after November.

This is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO TURN THIS COUNTRY AROUND.

There is absolutely no reason to give up now. I see all kinds of things everyday that would make most people give up. People in my meetup group that arent willing to give it all, because they are not idealistic.

FUCK. THAT.

Its time to risk it all. It WILL pay off if we give it our all.

Sorry for the language.

Dan Klaus
12-21-2007, 02:53 AM
ROFLMAO!!! Can't wait to show my wife this thread...she says the same thing....;)

tomveil
12-21-2007, 02:56 AM
If I could give advice to you guys, it'd be this: Take a break. Unplug for a few days. Get your energy and your enthusiasm back! Spend time with the family, enjoy your Christmas! Get rested, and come back even stronger, knowing that we're doing this FOR our families!

DJ RP
12-21-2007, 03:01 AM

I'll often type "hahaha" but it's rare I've actually laughed out loud.... this was an exception. :D

jnpg
12-21-2007, 10:24 AM
mmmm Krott- I don't know who you are - how old you are - what your responsibilities are etc...
BUT I do know for me and my husband with full-time jobs and families- supporting our Ron Paul addiction is very difficult.

Mstr- take the advice given here- I am going to as well. See you all after the 25th.

O - btw- I think we need to look into the actual nomination process some more- delegates/convention etc. We are looking at a situation that has not occurred in over 50 years. There is going to be no clear front runner in the Repubs and we are going to have to get into the GOP and tussle it up a bit with the PTB.

But that will wait for a week.

Ron2Win
12-21-2007, 10:25 AM
LOL I got that from my wife also.

jjockers
12-21-2007, 10:32 AM
My wife says I love Ron Paul more than her...Etc... Ahhhhhh

Join the club.. :(:rolleyes:

Ridiculous
12-21-2007, 10:34 AM

I have also gotten a talk from my finance about my obsession....:o

KewlRonduderules
12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey, I get crap all the time from mine because she says I love my computer more than her.

Then I joke about it and make her laugh. Afterward, I give her attention for a night and its back to the computer and Ron Paul.

She's gotten used to it and understands that this is very important.

lynnf
12-21-2007, 10:39 AM

as Ron Paul says, "Freedom is popular!" - I would tell you to tell that to your wife, but that would only cause more trouble. so, instead tell her you love her.

lynn

rjl
12-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I have no slept for three weeks...

Coffee. Red Bull. etc.

my credit card is maxed out...

Balance transfer to a no-interest card. Shred the old one.

I cant focus on Christmas...

Always remember, a Ron Paul presidency is the gift that keeps giving.

My wife says I love Ron Paul more than her...Etc... Ahhhhhh

Just remind her of the police state and the economic depression that will likely unfold if we don't get Ron Paul elected.

Seriously, it's a good idea to take one day a week off. Entirely off. No Ron Paul on that day. But you probably won't do it. I can't.

piotr1
12-21-2007, 11:11 AM
"I want a home and children, - its all for nothing if you don't have freedom." -William Wallace ;)

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBXBtORI7pE

crazyfacedjenkins
12-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Relax with the credit card. You're making the same mistake the government is making, racking up a huge dept.

As for your wife, so long as your not saying his name when you're getting head or something she should stop being so jealous.

jacmicwag
12-21-2007, 11:42 AM
It's the Kool Aid - just mix up a fresh batch and give her a drink. For Christmas, home-made tin foil hats for all my friends this year. New Year's resolution - no surfing the forums after 3 am.

On the other side of the coin, just think how boring the past few months would have been without this campaign. Hell, I didn't even know what a neocon was before last May. Now we are all political activists running around broke and tired. What a great ride.

ronpaulitician
12-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Take a break.

Get off the web, be with your wife.

American
12-21-2007, 11:49 AM

I m with you, I had to take a break also. I have found that by removing myself from the computer and talking to new people is very satisfying.

I'm actually very amazed how many people are interested in Ron Paul from some unlikely people at best.

Get away from the computer, and beat feet to spread the message.