PDA

View Full Version : how about :: PAUL & HUNTER

Lord Xar
07-08-2007, 10:55 PM
I suggested Ron Paul - president, and Tancredo as Vice - president..

BUT how about Paul as president, and Hunter as Vice - president.

I dig Paul, but I think we also need someone who will get tough and secure our borders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctb619
07-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Duncan Hunter would never go along with Paul's non-interventionist foreign policy. Did you watch the debates?

Also, what makes you think that Ron Paul doesn't have what it takes to secure our borders?

FSP-Rebel
07-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm for the extremely hot Governor of Alaska being our VP pick Sarah Palin

AMack
07-08-2007, 11:11 PM
I agree with the above.

Harald
07-08-2007, 11:17 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Palinphotocropped.jpg

Phil M
07-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I get the impression that Hunter wants to nuke China. Seriously, I think he mentioned in one of the debates that China could theoretically be a military enemy of the US (that could actually happen, but only if we follow Hunter's isolationist trade policies and give them reason to be).

Ah, here's the quote:

"And the other thing that will be a security threat is the fact that China is buying ships and planes and military equipment with hundreds of billions of American trade dollars coming their way."

Goodness, a country that disagrees with us is building a military.

FreedomLover
07-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I suggested Ron Paul - president, and Tancredo as Vice - president..

BUT how about Paul as president, and Hunter as Vice - president.

I dig Paul, but I think we also need someone who will get tough and secure our borders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Paul IS tough on illegal immigration and on securing the border. He rails against the NAU, which is in such complete opposition to US sovereignty that our current problem with immigration looks like nothing in comparison

SeanEdwards
07-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Hunter is a great idea. He could launch pre-emptive nukes on the other candidates. :rolleyes:

ctb619
07-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Hunter is a great idea. He could launch pre-emptive nukes on the other candidates. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

That made me laugh

Phil M
07-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Who remembers Hunter on Hannity after the second debate? I remember he said something about how the middle east should love us because we liberated Kuwait... brilliant reasoning.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 11:44 PM
How about we forsake all 9 of those bums? Yes, I think that's a better idea. Let them ROT.

micahnelson
07-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Sarah Palin. She seems like win so far. My moments of skimming wikipedia have led me to this conclusion.

joshdvm
07-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Duncan Hunter is about as useful as an anal fissure.

jj111
07-09-2007, 02:37 AM
What's Sarah Palin got for her other than good looks? (She's married you know).

beermotor
07-09-2007, 05:00 AM
Duncan Hunter should be placed in a mental institution, NOT on a political ticket to anywhere.

david.griffus
07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
I would put some more thought into an idea before posting it here. That's a terrible idea. Duncan Hunter is a madman. I think that RP would be likely to pick someone much, much closer to his ideas.

beermotor
07-09-2007, 06:23 AM
I would put some more thought into an idea before posting it here. That's a terrible idea. Duncan Hunter is a madman. I think that RP would be likely to pick someone much, much closer to his ideas.

Yeah, just dig to find where I suggested Charles Barkley. :o

specsaregood
07-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Hunter has been nothing but DISRESPECTFUL and INSULTING of Ron Paul and ALL OF US. Hunter and his campaign have called us nutjobs (or to that affect) and one of his campaign consultants has written a few articles where he insults RP and us!

Not to mention he is a corrupt politician bought out by the Military Industrial Complex:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/6/13/01838/2536

Or just look for anything written by John Hawkins (hunter campaign consultant)
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/JohnHawkins/2007/06/15/the_conservative_case_against_ron_paul&Comments=true

SWATH
07-09-2007, 07:55 AM
trea·son [tree-zuhn]
–noun 1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereignty.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereignty or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Can also be used in the adjective form treasonous

For example; Here is treasonous Duncan Hunter on cloud 9 as Bush signs into law the Military Commissions Act of 2006, effectively sacrificing the great writ of Habeas Corpus upon the alter of protecting America.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/10/images/20061017-1_p101706pm-086-515h.jpg

ecliptic
07-09-2007, 08:02 AM
trea·son [tree-zuhn] –noun

1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereignty.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/10/images/20061017-1_p101706pm-086-515h.jpg
"When can we start moving the 4th infantry into New York City? He He he - I want to begin by rounding up all those Ron Paul activists and "rendering" them to one of our secret prisons. Let's get the Tribunals up to speed as we're going to have a heavy caseload. Don't bother with formalities - just convict 'em quickly and move them over to the new KBR camps. The Blackwater troops will take it from there. Let's put a stop to all this unpatriotic dissent now. The Constitution is nothing but a goddamned piece of paper!"

Mesogen
07-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Hunter called Ron Paul a nut?
Hunter's the one that wants to nuke everyone.

It's amazing how these people can get away with crap like this.
Talk about completely nutty things like nuking Mecca to send a message (Tancredo) or doubling Guantanamo (Romney) singing "bomb bomb bomb Iran (Mccain), etc. and then turn around and call the only sane person speaking truth nutty!

This country has a complete cranial rectal inversion!

SWATH
07-09-2007, 08:17 AM
"When can we start moving the 4th infantry into New York City? He He he - I want to begin by rounding up all those Ron Paul activists and "rendering" them to one of our secret prisons. Let's get the Tribunals up to speed as we're going to have a heavy caseload. Don't bother with formalities - just convict 'em quickly and move them over to the new KBR camps. The Blackwater troops will take it from there. Let's put a stop to all this unpatriotic dissent now. The Constitution is nothing but a goddamned piece of paper!"

Well it is clear that Ron Paul himself is a terrorist, as he fits the FBI's description:

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesC/fbi_fl1.jpg
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/2909/fbifl2zl8.jpg

ThePieSwindler
07-09-2007, 08:23 AM
God STOP WITH ALL THE RIDICULOUS VP IDEAS. NONE OF THE CURRENT CANDIDATES IS ANY GOOD besides paul. NOT TANCREDO, NOT HUNTER, ET AL. Ron needs a TRUE asset, NOT trash.

Duckman
07-09-2007, 08:25 AM
It's amazing how these people can get away with crap like this. Talk about completely nutty things like nuking Mecca to send a message (Tancredo) or doubling Guantanamo (Romney) singing "bomb bomb bomb Iran (Mccain), etc. and then turn around and call the only sane person speaking truth nutty!

Yeah, it's reasons like this that I cannot support any Republican candidate for president other than Ron Paul, and why I am dreading when RP picks a running mate because many prominent Republicans are unpalatable to me.

I would be happy with:

1) Walter Williams
2) Bob Barr (ex-Republican congressman, now a libertarian)
3) Sarah Palin (and not because she is hot)
4) Mike Gravel (unlikely and I know he is 180 degress from RP on economics but he right about the war and seems like a decent guy)
5) "Butch" Otter (the Libertarian/Republican governor of Idaho and former congressman, who was one of only 3 Republicans (including RP) to vote against the Patriot act when he was in congress)

Derek
07-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Well, I'd consider Tancredo to be a tolerable VP candidate for Paul. At least the man has a shred of integrity, unlike Rudy McRomneyson.

Much better choices would be, in no particular order:

Walter Williams
Pat Buchanan
Mark Sanford
Sarah Palin
Tucker Carlson (I'm only have joking with this one)

sunny
07-09-2007, 08:42 AM
well, lordXar, i guess your idea didn't go over very well. lol
seriously, i agree with em all.
dr. paul will make a good decision, if a decision is to be made.
here's hoping and praying that will be in that position!

sunny
07-09-2007, 08:44 AM
trea·son [tree-zuhn]
–noun 1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereignty.

Can also be used in the adjective form treasonous

For example; Here is treasonous Duncan Hunter on cloud 9 as Bush signs into law the Military Commissions Act of 2006, effectively sacrificing the great writ of Habeas Corpus upon the alter of protecting America.

good pic of the traitors at work...who are they besides shrub, hunter and warner?
anyone?

ChairmanMao
07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Everyones been focusing on all these big name politicians and theres no chance Ron will go with most of them. Tancredos a dirty dirty globalist, that immediatly eliminates him. Same thing for Obama and Fred. The Alaskan governor sounds like a good idea but her being a woman would lose alot more votes for Paul then we think. Not to mention if Bloomberg runs as the only man he has a very good chance of winning. Personally it seems to me that Dr. Paul would pick Jim Guest. Why else would he keep inviting Jim to speak at all those rallys. Jim even founded l.a.r.i. legislators against REAL ID. Not sure if many of you are familiar with REAL ID but its definatly something the good doctor doesnt like. They have the same opinion on most everything which Rons going to want for whoever is his running mate. Not to mention I've heard that when they met Dr. Paul described it as looking into a mirror. Jim Guest sounds like the most realistic possibility for Ron Paul's VP right now.

ctb619
07-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Everyones been focusing on all these big name politicians and theres no chance Ron will go with most of them. Tancredos a dirty dirty globalist, that immediatly eliminates him. Same thing for Obama and Fred. The Alaskan governor sounds like a good idea but her being a woman would lose alot more votes for Paul then we think. Not to mention if Bloomberg runs as the only man he has a very good chance of winning. Personally it seems to me that Dr. Paul would pick Jim Guest. Why else would he keep inviting Jim to speak at all those rallys. Jim even founded l.a.r.i. legislators against REAL ID. Not sure if many of you are familiar with REAL ID but its definatly something the good doctor doesnt like. They have the same opinion on most everything which Rons going to want for whoever is his running mate. Not to mention I've heard that when they met Dr. Paul described it as looking into a mirror. Jim Guest sounds like the most realistic possibility for Ron Paul's VP right now.

It doesn't bring me any great joy to defend Tancredo, but how is he a "dirty, dirty globalist"? His foreign policy ideas vis-a-vis "Islamofascism" are despicable, but he is in adamant opposition to the NAU and other similar proposals.

ChairmanMao
07-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Partially I base it off his support for the Iraq war. The rest is just hearsay I cant really back up. I apologize for posting it.

I can promise you Tancredo will sink RP's campaign if he is picked as VP. Don't you find it strange that their have been no major attacks against Tancredo? Before this election there were several verbal attacks against him and allegations of rascism being tossed around not to mention that business with the rotary club. But now, nothing. He has been invited to all debates, no ones tried to ostracise him from the party more then he already has been, and he hasnt really been attacked by any news organizations.

The reason for this is because they want RP to pick Tancredo. They very likely have people planted in Pauls campaign doing all they can to make sure Tancredo gets VP. The media likely has their hit piece ready to go. How many of you think Tancredo has led as clean of a life as Dr. Paul? I dont know about the rest of you but if theyve been saving it this long it sure must be a doozy.

beermotor
07-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I think they leave him alone because they don't want to elevate him to a spoiler level. They are content to let him campaign on the immigration issue and just pretend that is all he is in the race for. What he's said to the contrary, I think he's OK with it. I don't think he seriously thinks he is a better pick than any of the other pro-war yahoos. He is just agitating against McCain, and he ended up winning that fight in a big way. I imagine he will disappear soonish.

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Isn't it Sensenbrenner with the gray hair standing behind him? Then, there's Lindsay Graham, General Pace and I see Alberto Gonazles' little head peaking up. I don't know how the guys are to the far left.

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I would suggest everyone stop knocking Tom Tancredo. He at least isn't bought and paid for like so many of the others, plus he is a good friend of Dr. Paul's. I for one do not want to alienate his supporters from joining our ranks when Tom backs out of the race.

Do you?

Lord Xar
07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I would suggest everyone stop knocking Tom Tancredo. He at least isn't bought and paid for like so many of the others, plus he is a good friend of Dr. Paul's. I for one do not want to alienate his supporters from joining our ranks when Tom backs out of the race.

Do you?

I agree 100%!!!

we should welcome and support others too. We need to understand that we are riding high but we shouldn't alienate others by our stances so much. On other forums those who support Tancredo support Ron Paul too, as a second or third possibility.... so we should NOT alienate anyone..

Roxi
07-09-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/10/images/20061017-1_p101706pm-086-515h.jpg[/QUOTE]

the guy on the far left and the guy in the middle with the blue tie look thoroughly disturbed that this is taking place
anyone know who they are?

Duckman
07-09-2007, 02:38 PM
the guy on the far left and the guy in the middle with the blue tie look thoroughly disturbed that this is taking place
anyone know who they are?

Don't know about the far left, but the guy in the middle looks to me like Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC). He's your basic slimy neocon senator, I don't know if I agree with you that he looks disturbed...

qh4dotcom
08-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Palin is the VP! :)

kombayn
08-29-2008, 01:06 PM
I still think Paul/Goldwater, Jr. was the best ticket suggestion.

Flash
08-29-2008, 01:11 PM
I lost all respect for Hunter and tancredo when they endorsed Romney. I guess they are the new members of the CFR.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
08-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I'll admit I don't know much about his voting history, but Tancredo really impressed me in the debates (aside from the Jack Bauer comment). He seems to be the missing link between Ron Paul and the rest of the GOP, someone we can use to stand up to neocon policies while simultaneously drawing their support.