PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Tancredo on Tucker explaining why he can't endorse Ron Paul

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Youtube - http://youtube.com/watch?v=0nH4Av4Wdgs

MSN Video - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22349148#22349148

bbachtung
12-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Why couldn't he endorse the "very principled" Ron Paul, his friend of 10 years?

"The war."

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 10:37 PM

"The war."

Well he siad he disagrees with him on the war, I respect his disagreement, but Mitt Romney is a horrible flip flopper

nbhadja
12-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Tancredo is a moron, period.

0zzy
12-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I like Tancredo. He has a different opinion on the war, sure, but he's a nice guy and friends with Paul.

fedup100
12-20-2007, 10:49 PM
He is an idiot and clueless as the state of the Union, he is also finished for good after this.

Whatintheworldisthat
12-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I respect Tancredo Even though I disagree with him on most issues, he really is a nice guy compared to Ghouliani, Flip Flopney, and Huckleberry. I'm sure that some of his supporters will still come to Dr. Paul. I'm glad to see Tucker giving Ron Paul the airtime he deserves.

TwiLeXia
Tsk tsk. He's just lost his only friend.

walt
Romney gives free health care to illegals in Mass - what a crock of bs - Tom was given a promise of something.

Jaykzo
12-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I like him a lot more now that he's dropped out.

Honestly, this is the best I've seen him. Regardless of my disagreements with him, he looked and sounded good.

fedup100
12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
You can bet the pandering skunk was promised a post or something cushy.....he is a disgrace and a crook.

Dary
12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
I wonder what Mitt offered him...

allyinoh
12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
He lost all credibility to me.

He endorsed Mitt Romney of all people. He knows he DOESNT have to endorse anyone right? I would still have respect for him if he had just dropped out and endorsed no one.

Mitt? Seriously? Sanctuary city anyone? Flip flopper?!

Wow... Tancredo, you lose.

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Tancredo SOLD HIS SOUL to Mitt Romney in exchange for a potential position in his cabinet. If he was really serious about illegal immigration, he would have backed someone whose views at least somewhat fell in line with his- Hunter or Paul. Endorsing Romney is a sell out action. Tancredo is a FRAUD! Romney won't do anything about securing the borders and his past shows it. To those calling Tancredo principled and consistent ask yourself this, would Ron Paul ever endorse a NEO-CON FLIP FLOPPER LIKE MITT ROMNEY???????

mwkaufman
12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I don't know how anyone can bash the guy.

Strange they don't mention Thompson? Is Thompson going to drop out after Iowa or after South Carolina?

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks Buddy

:)

KMA-NWO
12-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Romney gives free health care to illegals in Mass - what a crock of bs - Tom was given a promise of something.

Yea: Endorse Flip Flopney or face losing your congressional seat.

exformation
12-20-2007, 11:02 PM
vid isn't playing. i'm hoping for it to appear on youtube...

VoluntaryMan
12-20-2007, 11:06 PM

"The war."

Yeah. "Islamofascism" and "political pragmatism," both of which he freely confessed. I saw that one coming a mile away. The good news is that his supporters, such as they are, aren't trying to curry favor with a "likely winner." I just lost tremendous respect for Tancredo -- my second choice, if not for the war issue. His supporters are more likely to be divided between Fred and Paul than Romney. Those who are more concerned with "islamofascism" than the homegrown variety will go to Fred. The rest will come to us.

KMA-NWO
12-20-2007, 11:10 PM
not a youtube, but find an flv player (or get mplayer/VLC) because here's a DIRECT LINK to the video:
http://msnbc.vo.llnwd.net/e1/video/flash/n_tucker_tancredo_071220.flv

EDIT: oh, btw, it will work if you download the flv for uploading if you wanna 'YT' it.

libertybud
12-20-2007, 11:12 PM
From Wikipedia...

Controversies

Iraq
Fellow Republican State Treasurer Mike Coffman refused to share the stage with Congressman Tancredo at a pro-war rally for the Iraq war in 2003 because of Tancredo's failure to serve in Vietnam. Mike Coffman is a former Marine who was deployed to the first Persian Gulf conflict more than a decade ago. After leaving a Colorado capitol stage in what he described as a personal protest Coffman said "I just didn't feel (Tancredo) had the moral authority to send other young people off to war when he was not willing to go himself." In 1970 after Tancredo's student deferments ran out, he appealed his 1-A draft status, which would have put him at the top of the list for draft eligibility during the Vietnam War. Tancredo was then given a 1-Y status, which put him at the bottom of the list after he reported that he had been treated for mental illness as a teenager. Tancredo said he was diagnosed with depression when he was 16 or 17 and received medication for five years for panic attacks and bouts of anxiety and depression. Because of Tancredo's draft record, Coffman said he specifically asked organizers of the rally whether Tancredo would be speaking.[57]

ronpaulyourmom
12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Stand up guy, I respect his decision.

mstrmac1
12-20-2007, 11:21 PM
tancredo: On Paul "He is a very principled guy... we used to have liberty meetings together,very stimulating... a friend for 10 years...etc."

Guys we are in for the fight of our lives...they view us as whats wrong w/ america...we must fight harder now!! Its time to push like we have never pushed!

all J's in IL for RP
12-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Tom Tancredo on Ron Paul...
"Great guy; I really like him...God bless him, very Principled..."

Tancredo SOLD HIS SOUL to Mitt Romney in exchange for a potential position in his cabinet. If he was really serious about illegal immigration, he would have backed someone whose views at least somewhat fell in line with his- Hunter or Paul. Endorsing Romney is a sell out action. Tancredo is a FRAUD! Romney won't do anything about securing the borders and his past shows it. To those calling Tancredo principled and consistent ask yourself this, would Ron Paul ever endorse a NEO-CON FLIP FLOPPER LIKE MITT ROMNEY???????

Hey lay off, eh? Did you really think we were going to get an endorsement from a guy who thinks we're in a "war of civilizations?"

transistor
12-20-2007, 11:25 PM
i lost all respect i had for him

Paul4Prez
12-20-2007, 11:28 PM
You would think everyone would be trying to get on Ron Paul's good side. The next President has a lot of appointments to make.

Signzit
12-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Does any one know, is Tom Tancredo CFR?

KMA-NWO
12-20-2007, 11:32 PM
You're welcome for the direct video link guys...

sheesh, lack of acknowledgement makes me wanna just keep to myself next time!

mstrmac1
12-20-2007, 11:37 PM

We love you.. your the greatest!

KMA-NWO
12-20-2007, 11:44 PM
We love you.. your the greatest!

you guys better thank mstrmac1 because he just ensured future postings of useful links to media!

:D I was only being a butt for the fun of it :D

malarie
12-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Wait....

The war??

I thought the whole planet was against this war??

BlutStein
12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Strangely this is the most well spoken I've ever seen him. And he did have good things to say about Ron Paul...I understand they disagree...

But Mitt? You've got to be kidding me. He buckled under pressure from the GOP.

michaelwise
12-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Tancredo, although he is a good guy, does not see through Romney's quest for power, and who will say anything to achieve that goal. Also, tancredo does not understand that the republican war candidate will loose the election to the democrats on the war issue. 70% of voters in this country are against the Iraq War. Why doesn't Tancredo get that?

Original_Intent
I don't think the issue was the war. I think the truth came out later in the interview - he wants someone that can go the distance and beat Huck and Giuliani. I think he feels that Mitt is his best bet of keeping the worst immigration guys from getting the nomination.

I completely disagree with him, but I think that is the main reason he went with Mitt over Ron. Of course, we are going to show him how mistaken he was!

itsnobody

Thanks that allowed me to make the youtube, it's still processing right now

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0nH4Av4Wdgs

Pete Kay
12-21-2007, 12:13 AM
People need to cool it with the assault on Tom Tancredo! :mad:

I've been following Tom Tancredo for years now. He's been a tireless advocate of controlling illegal immigration. He is rated the 2nd most Constitutional member of Congress after Ron Paul. He is a principled man. You might not agree on him with some of his stances but you should respect the fact that he has stuck his neck out and stood alone, just like Dr. Paul in defending his beliefs. Plus he often gave excellent Constitutional answers in the debates even upstaging Ron Paul. That's a feat in itself. Give the man some respect.

tonyr1988
12-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm sure Tancredo's lack of endorsement is primary political. Remember, the rumor is that he's dying to get that open senate seat. If he endorses someone that doesn't win the nomination (especially if they're seen as a fringe candidate), it could kill his chances. At the same time, if he endorses the winner, it would almost ensure him victory. It's just really really risky. On the political side, if I was him, I wouldn't endorse anyone.

Oh yeah, and the YouTube is down.....did he endorse anyone, or just explain why he won't endorse Paul?

itsnobody
12-21-2007, 12:19 AM
the youtube is up now, it had to finish processing

TurtleBurger
12-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm really starting to like Tucker Carlson. No other member of the media would have brought Ron Paul into this conversation, and especially put him in a positive light like Tucker did. I'm glad he's on board.

Arek
12-21-2007, 12:27 AM
I think Tancredo was probably given promise of being Vice President and in charge of immigration reform or something. Sad that the issue of the unjustified war is the only reason Tom can't support Ron Paul.

itsnobody
12-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Romney/Tancredo? Nah I can't see that happening...

Devil_rules_in_extremes
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
I say chill out to all the Tancredo haters out there. Don't turn this into a Glen Beck type hate war, just because Tancredo didn't endorse Ron Paul. Next thing you know there going to have Tom Tancredo on the Glen Beck show saying he got threatened by Ron Paul supports. Just cool the rhetoric.

Tom Tancredo gave his opinion on Ron Paul and I saw nothing wrong or distasteful about it. A man is allowed to have his own opinion.

bbachtung
12-21-2007, 12:42 AM
you guys better thank mstrmac1 because he just ensured future postings of useful links to media!

:D I was only being a butt for the fun of it :D

mstrmac1 needs to sign off (I see his green light) and pay attention to his wife until December 26th.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-21-2007, 12:50 AM
nt

itsnobody
12-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah but still, I don't understand why Tancredo supports this needless war

robert4rp08
12-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Meh, there's something stinky about this Romney is so far off on some things.

mstrmac1
12-21-2007, 01:18 AM
mstrmac1 needs to sign off (I see his green light) and pay attention to his wife until December 26th.

Your right! I need to get off this forum and go lay down w/ my wife. Good looking out!

tnvoter
12-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Tsk tsk. He's just lost his only friend.

So much for reason and loyalty.

voytechs
12-21-2007, 01:22 AM

He's against Illegal Immigration and backed a North American Union guy. Romney is CFR through and through. He won't stop illegal immigration, he can't its against his "club" priorities. Tancredo also follows very strongly the CFR foreign policy, I think someone may have offered him his training wheels, may be?

Oliver
12-21-2007, 01:23 AM

I didn't had this impression until he started
to paint this imaginary clash of cultures. How
can someone in his position possibly believe
this crap?

Not to mention that I live thousands of Miles
closer to the middle-east with millions of Muslims
in my own country. "Clash of cultures", pffft.

Peppy690
12-21-2007, 01:31 AM
yea... i enjoyed tancredo's explaination..... however I would like to know more specifics about that "hour" with romney. I'm sure he'll be kicking himself in the foot when paul wins the nomination

thisisgiparti
12-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Tancredo's position on foreign policy and the war show he is old guard. Mitt seems to have Daddy Bush's thumbs up, so I kind of saw this coming. He was a bit player in this race to make the GOP seem tough on immigration. I don't know what the future holds for him, but Tancredo will keep the matching campaign funds from the government.

ClayTrainor
12-21-2007, 01:54 AM
I still like Tancredo, but I think this move was very stupid.

Oh well... he had his chance to be a major part of the revolution, maybe someone else will step up now.

Perry
12-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Can't blame Tancredo. He is as ignorant about the issue of terrorism as the rest of the pack. I mean this very sincerely.

jorlowitz
12-21-2007, 03:03 AM
I think Tancredo was honest and fair (seems relieved, too).

Also, did you notice that he couldn't pronounce America? Kind of funny that his speech only faltered on that word... hmmm.....

libertarian4321
12-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Tancredo sold out- Romney probably promised him a nice cabinet position.

Austin
12-21-2007, 05:12 AM
I respect his disagreement, but I do not respect his endorsement of Mitt Romney.

Austin
12-21-2007, 05:13 AM
Blech. After watching the video until the end, the real reason is because he doesn't think Ron Paul can win.

Boo!

RP-Republican
12-21-2007, 05:22 AM
I have no problem with people that disagree with Ron Paul on the issues. Even if they are wrong :p

Ball
12-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Sorry, no respect for Tancredo.

Mitt Romney couldn't answer if he needed congressional approval to wage war. Instead, he said he would ask his lawyers. No constitutionalist could possibly defend that position and this should immediately disqualify Mitt Romney, period!

nc4rp
12-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Tancredo just went down a notch in my book. that puts him at -1

Revolution9
12-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Hey lay off, eh? Did you really think we were going to get an endorsement from a guy who thinks we're in a "war of civilizations?"

He sold his soul. Why should you. an RP supporter.. have a problem with that. You defend Tancredo like yer not an RP supporter.

Explain why to lay off?

Randy

Adamsa
12-21-2007, 07:25 AM
It was a possibility, but I didn't think it'd happen. Tancredo is following his principles more than anything else really, Ron were 1st or 2nd in the polls it'd be different.

Mortikhi
12-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Next election cycle, I will help whoever runs against Tancredo.

speciallyblend
12-21-2007, 08:51 AM
tom tancrado needs to find a co mtn mine shift and crawl under a rock,bye bye

can we deport him to mexico:):)

angelatc
12-21-2007, 08:53 AM

"The war."

Apparently it is more important to invade another country than to stop an invasion of this one?

cjhowe
12-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Business is about growth. When you consider a businessman for office, you will grow that office. Under a Romney presidency, say hello to the new Immigration Czar, Tom "The Tank" Tancredo.