PDA

View Full Version : Ron Walt Revolution! Ron Walt! Ron Walt!

max
12-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Since he's already the leading canditate for it, how cool would it be if RP announced NOW that Walter Williams would be his VP.

1. Great publicity. No one has ever picked a VP before the primary ended.
2. Walt Williams is well known and loved by the Rush Limbaugh crowd.
3. Great appeal to black folk and kills this racism BS in the bud.
4. A dynamic and funny as hell speaker who could be sent barnstorming around the nation while RP is somewhere else.
5. An excellent attack dog who can unload on the other clowns while RP keeps his hands clean.

He would generate crowds every bit as large as RP!

"Ron Walt! Ron Walt!"

I know it wont happen....but it would be awesome. We'd win the primaries!

Richie
12-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm glad Williams has been brought up. I was never a fan of Sanford or the governor of Alaska (whatever her name is).

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm glad Williams has been brought up. I was never a fan of Sanford or the governor of Alaska (whatever her name is).

Sarah Palin. Alaska needs her right now.

fedup100
12-20-2007, 10:35 PM
No No No

Please remember we need someone that can win the presidency after Paul and to carry on his policies.

AlexAmore
12-20-2007, 10:37 PM
I've always rooted for John Stossel. Imagine the publicity that would get.

Virginia Libertarian
12-20-2007, 10:37 PM
No No No

Please remember we need someone that can win the presidency after Paul and to carry on his policies.

Someone can still do that with Walt as a VP..

dsentell
12-20-2007, 10:38 PM
I love Walter Williams and think he would be a wonderful VP. But there is a problem -- his age. We need someone younger involved who could carry on with RP's policies.

noztnac
12-20-2007, 10:38 PM
No No No

And what makes you think Walter Williams can't do that?:confused:

noztnac
12-20-2007, 10:39 PM
One thing I agree on is that the time to do it is now.

Chester Copperpot
12-20-2007, 10:40 PM
No No No

CORRECT.. Walter Williams would be good to be in charge of the fed or treasury.. but not for VP

walt
someone wants me to be Ron's VP? How nice. I do meet the legal qualifications. Thanks for thinking of me. :)

FrankRep
I'm not sure who Walter Williams is, but I trust Ron Paul's judgment.

Drknows
12-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I like the guy and sarah but we need someone with a name.

Looks like hagel and Bloom are waiting to see who the republican/dem nominee is.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/20/bloomberg-and-hagel-holdi_n_77734.html

DjLoTi
12-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I love all the VP choices that everyone talks about all the time.

One thing I'd really like is that after he wins, RP picks someone who no one was talking about. That would make me laugh for like, a couple days, and also later days in my life when I look back on it. I'd be like, "lol... o man... they would not shut up about the vp crap"

fedup100
12-20-2007, 10:44 PM
As much as we would like to think a black man can be elected to the highest office, I am hear to tell you it won't happen right now. Obama and Oprah are about to find that out. Secondly, it would appear that he is pandering for the black vote.

The white Christian voters will seriously consider not voting for Paul if he is going to drag the race card into the race.

The truth hurts but we must be brutally honest at this time, time is short.

It doesn't matter now any way. Paul should have tried to firm that up a long time ago and announced it early in order to garner more coverage and the advantage of having two to campaign for him. He didn't do. Now we wait and see what happens in the first few states.

0zzy
12-20-2007, 10:47 PM
I dono.

Alex Libman
12-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Walt is over 70 and supported the war... :(

Aside from that, he's perfect. :)

Maybe attach him to the ticket in a cabinet position?

Leslie Webb
12-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Like Walter Williams' columns, but not his support of the war. But we do need someone on top of economics, and with an Austrian view

Could Alan Greenspan become a reborn libertarian and Austrian? He'd have to recant all his years at the Fed.

Xepa
12-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Lets try to get Paul ELECTED before we concern ourselves about his vp...

>___>

gb13
12-20-2007, 11:16 PM
I like Walter Williams.

But if that happened, we would need another "who is" campaign, as many people are unfamiliar with him.

The age thing is something to think about too. If elected, Ron would be the oldest elected president in U.S. History. A somewhat young-blood, well known V.P. would be a good idea.

Although, there is definitely a big place for Williams in the Paul administration.

Arek
12-20-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the convention picks the VP anyway or they influence who the president chooses for VP.

Highstreet
12-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I've always rooted for John Stossel. Imagine the publicity that would get.

He was the other option mentioned in the article.

I always thought Rockwell would be a great choice, too.